BANGKOK 12 December 2018 05:25
bahtboy

First time wanting to buy Bitcoin...advice req'd

I use bx in Thailand,never had any issues good customer service and you can purchase the top coins easily with baht. You can deposit into there account directly using bangkok bank. But I find they prefer Kashikorn. Buy yourself a ledger nano s to store your bitcoin or tokens. I purchased mine directly from ledger in France, used PayPal,it arrived in about a week.

yes we are in a bear market at the moment,and it might go lower but better to buy low than buy high. If you don’t mind holding for awhile you will be fine. To many people jumped into the market when it hit 10K trying to become millionaires. A lot got caught out and are now crying like babies, if you believe in the technology and what crypto are trying to do,go for it.

No one can predict exactly when it will go up or down,but the amount of big investment companies getting involved like fidelity etc shows it’s not going away.

if you buy now and the price does go down to 2K,don’t panic or freak out just ride it out. You only go into a loss if you sell for less than what you paid. Also if you think it might go to zero,don’t get involved you are in the wrong game. Unless you really understand the market and can read the candles and Fibonacci, etc,don’t try and day trade. Leave that to the experts.

cheers.Mike.

I have had great success using ABRA to buy and hold my bitcoin and other digital currencies. It is easy to set up and fund. Here is a link if you want to check it out. Check out ABRA and easily invest in 28 cryptocurrencies or BIT10, an index of the top cryptos. Use my link to sign up and get $25 in free bitcoin after your first Bank/Amex deposit, or 1.5% cash back when you exchange cryptos (T&C apply): 
https://invite.abra.com/jAJlbeEthS

7 hours ago, Titan1962 said:

yes we are in a bear market at the moment,and it might go lower but better to buy low than buy high. If you don’t mind holding for awhile you will be fine. To many people jumped into the market when it hit 10K trying to become millionaires. A lot got caught out and are now crying like babies, if you believe in the technology and what crypto are trying to do,go for it.

No one can predict exactly when it will go up or down,but the amount of big investment companies getting involved like fidelity etc shows it’s not going away.

if you buy now and the price does go down to 2K,don’t panic or freak out just ride it out. You only go into a loss if you sell for less than what you paid. Also if you think it might go to zero,don’t get involved you are in the wrong game. Unless you really understand the market and can read the candles and Fibonacci, etc,don’t try and day trade. Leave that to the experts.

cheers.Mike.

The above is good and honest advice from a crypto-believer.

My only comment is on 'if you don’t mind holding for awhile you will be fine.'   I am not so sure about that. Especially the fate of Bitcoin is shaky, but a select number of crypto's might survive and even boom.  I would not bet my money on it just yet, since there are too many unpredictable factors involved to pick a winner. Hence my lottery ticket comparison.

Here's a bitnickels worth of free advice... 

DON'T! 😜

Much better and proven ways to actually invest your money rather than taking a flyer on something so not understood and unstable. If your dead set on leaping...only with money you can afford to lose. 

Strap in for a wild ride! :vampire:

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 12:22 AM, Scottjouro said:

Because you cant help yourself ? You comment based on emotion not logic ?...your a troll who insults  people to try and get a rise out them ?....

many possible answers to a simple question, and in a similar manner many possible opinions and answers in crypto

so give the insults a rest please, and dont put all the pocket money your mummy gave you into BTC 

Because your replies are shallow and don't even bother to address the questions asked.

From your post above, it's quite obvious who's trolling and trying to get rise from people with childish insults.

I have made my views about BTC very clear ("I see no reason for it not to drop to $1,000 or lower"), even in this very thread, and so your last comment is a perfect example of your inability to produce any intelligent reply.

It's quite typical for anyone in love with an investment, in your case, ripple, to assume others necessarily have similar fixations on other investments. Having a blind belief or faith in any kind of asset is stupid but I guess this is beyond your simplistic "XRP vs BTC" perception.

Another mindless and frustrated HODLer.... I feel sorry for you truly.

On 11/26/2018 at 12:47 AM, bahtboy said:

OK guys, from all the posts here in my thread, I've decided that, for me, it's too complicated. There are too many acronyms and expressions that I'm looking up on the net and I'm getting too confused. I've decided that I cannot invest when in a confused state.

I'll now get back to enjoying my retirement!

I think that's a very good conclusion really. Don't touch it if you don't fully understand it or not confident about it. Certainly not in retirement years.

• Like 1