Planned Temporary Forum Outage Friday 18th January from 21:00 Read more... ×
BANGKOK 18 January 2019 17:01
yogavnture

anybody been to nakhon si thammarat? is it nice?

Drive on a motorbike to NST from phuket is fun but once

gets there ... city like in Issan only with swampy beaches

On 12/5/2018 at 4:42 AM, yogavnture said:

im debating staying in nakhon thammarat. for a week. just go to a gym get some massages .  or go to khanom beach area. so I can run on beach their. have u been to these two places?  I assume khanom beach area has some good massage places and food ?

Very nice beach at khanom, enough restaurants to keep you happy. Note that the actual town is about 5k inland,decent market etc there.

NKT is a good base for exploring nearby waterfalls and beaches but in itself is fairly ordinary , you would get bored after a couple of days I think.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2018 at 7:22 AM, yogavnture said:

I wonder why my western friend lives thier . must be pretty chilled their not many western tourists

Very laid back , some Farang expats but very few non Thai tourists, I stayed there a week and enjoyed it.

On 12/4/2018 at 8:12 PM, BurgerGung said:

Look for the yellow signs with something resembling the # 17 in red - am a Vegetarian, too and found great places wherever I go.  ...

As in:

b8e8663b81659be1a216bc80fa8099a3--vegetajclassrestaurant_thumb4.jpg?imgmax=800vegetarian-house-chalong-phuket.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:19 PM, GLewis said:

Are you sure you mean Krabi and not Surat? Its over 180 kilometers from Krabi to Samui...

yes krabi. its easy to get to surat from krabi. only an hour by bus

I have a freind that lives in khanom (sp) .  yes I like quiet. I usually go to krabi. but starting to get tired of krabi..  I do beach running and krabi has decent beach for running up at the tourist area..............i heard the beaches at khanom are long and flat . maybe good for running?  not sure if I can get any massage thier or not

7 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

only an hour by bus

Dear god, 160km on that road, over the hills in an hour, remind me not to catch that bus!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, yogavnture said:

yes krabi. its easy to get to surat from krabi. only an hour by bus

Its one hell of a bus that.......160+kms in just one hour....:cheesy:

The drive from Surat Thani to Krabi is about 2 to 2.5hrs by car, by bus it'll be more like 3 to 4 hours.

I think i will go their and try my luck for some days. is thier an area of town expats hang out in?  give me hotel name nearby so I can google map it? thanks