Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 14 December 2018 05:15
rooster59

Two tourists killed in motorbike collision with car in Chalong

We drove back from Phuket town Sunday evening 7-30 pm towards Chalong I lost count how many bikes there were with no lights how much does a light bulb cost?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

We drove back from Phuket town Sunday evening 7-30 pm towards Chalong I lost count how many bikes there were with no lights how much does a light bulb cost?

Never check the rear light and brake light are still working. Only at annual 'test' if bike 5+ years old is this corrected.

Never check the rear light and brake light are still working. Only at annual 'test' if bike 5+ years old is this corrected.

I took our bike the other day down the test centre to get a new tax disc he never even looked although it is working, I always check

• Sad 1

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:59 AM, Lungstib said:

You always need to remember in Thailand; if there is a car with a driver at wheel in front of you, they are untrained and possible drunk, so you drive with that in mind. 50 - 60kph in city districts is probably enough. 80kph on all those roads with u-turns, markets, schools and shops. Give yourself a chance.

Also it needs to be remembered that if there is a bike with a rider in front of you, particularly a foreigner, they are even more likely to be untrained, possibly drunk but definitely arrogant enough to think that they are the world's best driver/rider because they are not Thai, so you drive with that in mind. 50 - 60kph in city districts is probably enough. 80kph on all those roads with u-turns, markets, schools and shops. Give yourself a chance.

• Like 1