Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 14 December 2018 02:45

Course providers cannot get you a visa or a work permit or even provide the paper work for it. That is down to the school where you eventually work. There is nothing stopping you getting another tourist visa, coming back to Thailand, looking for a job and then starting the Non B visa and work permit process. That of course providing you have a Bachelor Degree. It sounds like you have been taken for a ride.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, puchooay said:

Course providers cannot get you a visa or a work permit or even provide the paper work for it. That is down to the school where you eventually work. There is nothing stopping you getting another tourist visa, coming back to Thailand, looking for a job and then starting the Non B visa and work permit process. That of course providing you have a Bachelor Degree. It sounds like you have been taken for a ride.

They don't talk to you. They want you to fly home after the course, mate. Fk cheats all. 

I don't know of any CELTA course providers in Thailand who offer jobs after course completion. Are you sure it was a CELTA course?

Why didn't you just go look for a job like normal people?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Andrew108 said:

I don't know of any CELTA course providers in Thailand who offer jobs after course completion. Are you sure it was a CELTA course?

Maybe ECC, unsure.

23 minutes ago, ozmeldo said:

Maybe ECC, unsure.

Pretty sure the OP didn't do a CELTA. Probably did some generic TEFL course. Anyway......I guess he is just venting. 

1 hour ago, puchooay said:

Your reactions speak a thousand words. Looks like you are not cut out for teaching.

You've nailed it. I shoulda listened to my pop when I took a fancy to this Thai bizis. But I know to teach alright. Since I vented here I heard from Djibouti! It's a Celta.. The Cambridge thing for real. 

37 minutes ago, Andrew108 said:

Pretty sure the OP didn't do a CELTA. Probably did some generic TEFL course. Anyway......I guess he is just venting. 

I have a Delta and a Celta and I got a free course in teaching young learners too in the early bird bargain. Plus the degree from the university. And a police certificate to back my character! What more can they have asked for mate! I spent 3000 dollars on getting them certifications to become a teacher!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ozmeldo said:

Why didn't you just go look for a job like normal people?

They promised me a job mate after the course. They didn't keep their end of the bargain. They offer lifetime support but my visa ran out and I would ran out of cash too. 

1 hour ago, Andrew108 said:

I can't name the institute. My trainers were great. And I made great friends too 4 weeks I was there. Can't shame them if you see what I mean? But no job. Ye have to be lucky I guess.