Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 19 December 2018 01:53
webfact

Brake failure! Bus plows into cars, bikes and baht bus at Pattaya lights

Brake failure! Bus plows into cars, bikes and baht bus at Pattaya lights

8pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A pile up at the Thappraya intersection in South Pattaya yesterday left eight people injured and six vehicles badly damaged. 

The accident occurred as the driver of a bus coming from Jomtien lost control on the hill. 

Surat, 40, said she was travelling to South Pattaya with her foreign husband. The bus came along Thappraya Road at speed and hit their vehicle spinning it round several times before they hit a power pole. 

The bus then plowed into other vehicles waiting at the lights. 

The eight injured were in private cars and on bikes and were also passengers in a baht bus (song thaew). They were taken to several hospitals in the Pattaya area. 

The bus driver Thanawat, 50, said his brakes failed. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-05

Good I was not out on my bicycle that morning , I pass that area almost daily . Buses are my worst nightmare. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I can say, hand on heart, that I dont normally 'hate' anyone, but I do hate this crowd of Muppets who drive these coaches. They are a menace. I make a point of never giving them an inch on the road, never let them out of side roads, never give way to them on lane changes and  always try to fxxk them up if I can and delay their mad dash ways.  Childish maybe,  unwise certainly, but it makes me feel like I'm getting my own back in some small way. 

Yes childish. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1