BANGKOK 12 December 2018 05:06
Thaivisa Web Content Team

The Highest Paid YouTuber is Still this Little Boy Now Making $22 Million a Year

An Asian American YouTuber who was reported last year to be making $11 million a year is now making double that amount, according to Forbes.

Ryan of Ryan ToysReview has racked up almost 26 billion views since his start in March 2015. He has 17.3 million followers on his toy review channel, mostly children around his age.

Most of the $22 million that Ryan’s channel has made to date comes from pre-roll advertising, in which the greater the number of views, the greater the automated ad revenue. The remaining $1 million comes from sponsors.

Not only does Ryan have a popular YouTube channel, he also launched a line toy and apparel line with Walmart this past August. Ryan described seeing his face on the line as “cool.”

Unboxing has been a growing trend in the YouTube space, where content creators post videos of themselves opening up various consumer goods. In Ryan’s case, that might be toys ranging from Disney’s “Cars” to “Paw Patrol,” as seen in his most popular video.

“Unboxing videos provide the proxy for actually experiencing the joy of receiving and opening something you really desire; this is especially true for items that are out of reach or unattainable,”

Chas Lacaillade, founder and CEO of Bottle Rocket Management, said to Forbes. “The next best thing to owning one is experiencing it virtually, seeing someone else play with it.”

Ryan had recently told NBC why he thought he was so successful.

“I’m entertaining and I’m funny.”

Comments have poured in supporting the star, with many feeling inspired to recreate their own lives.

Full article

• Like 1

my son used to watch his channel constantly. I did not see the appeal myself but then I prefer different toys to my son. Hope Ryan grows up to be a well balanced young man, but the odds are against it.

1 hour ago, guest879 said:

my son used to watch his channel constantly. I did not see the appeal myself but then I prefer different toys to my son. Hope Ryan grows up to be a well balanced young man, but the odds are against it.

kids are addicted to his channel ...kids like watching other kids play and do silly and imaginary stuff.

The boys mom is a chemistry teacher, hopefully that will keep them grounded. But I've read there is a trust set up so the wealth wont' be misspent...but who knows

The other top earning youtubers just play video games and streams it to youtube....

17 hours ago, Thaivisa Web Content Team said:

An Asian American YouTuber who was reported last year to be making $11 million a year is now making double that amount, according to Forbes.

The people who are using a little Asian boy as a YouTube prop are making $11 million a year.  The little boy is probably getting some candy and cupcakes and a pat on the head. 

His parents say they deposit 15% of the revenue into an account for when he's an adult.   That leaves quite a sizable lump for them doesn't it? 

nothing really new....many sucessful toy companies have tested their goodies before hitting the stores, in their "labs" with children,  much before You Tube came up.....internent has just shifted the procedure and made those test accessible to the whole world....

Go on YouTube and click Cop Check points. These guys openly abuse cops and the cops have to take it, the guy photos people without their consent and he claimed it is his 1st or 2nd amendment right gets and earns millions from You Tube. The police have got to sit there and take it.. One guy I have heard Cali's the police "Sons of Bitches" and tell them to KUCK OFF. They have to take it. He claims he is free to photo people in publick places they cannot object to this, so he says. He says to police "respect my privacy" but people cannot accuse him of invading their privacy by filming them. 

Bloody wrong. If you grab his camera to stop him philming you you are comi ting an offence, so he says. And the police let him carry on. In the USA. I LIVE IN Thailand, treat the cops like this and you have a perminent lump on you head or your <deleted> are dead for years. Makes me sick he can get away with it.

15 hours ago, shaurene said:

Go on YouTube and click Cop Check points. These guys openly abuse cops and the cops have to take it, the guy photos people without their consent and he claimed it is his 1st or 2nd amendment right gets and earns millions from You Tube. The police have got to sit there and take it.. One guy I have heard Cali's the police "Sons of Bitches" and tell them to KUCK OFF. They have to take it. He claims he is free to photo people in publick places they cannot object to this, so he says. He says to police "respect my privacy" but people cannot accuse him of invading their privacy by filming them. 

Bloody wrong. If you grab his camera to stop him philming you you are comi ting an offence, so he says. And the police let him carry on. In the USA. I LIVE IN Thailand, treat the cops like this and you have a perminent lump on you head or your <deleted> are dead for years. Makes me sick he can get away with it.

Freedom of speech!   Very base of the US Constitution.  being an American.  Love it.   Or move to Thailand or post here.