BANGKOK 12 December 2018 06:57
GinBoy2

Active TVF Members, or Lack Of?

On 12/8/2018 at 11:23 PM, marko kok prong said:

Agree,there was a time when anything i posted was attacked by mainly 3 posters who no longer post on here,this in turn led me to become as bad as i should have ignored them,so i stopped using tvf for about 6 months. I think now the forum is a lot calmer and friendlier than it was.

There was a time back during the coup when there were a hard core, of what I still believe were shills, who basically attacked anything, and anyone they could conceive of as being anti junta. They seem to have vanished for the most part, probably because they were shills!

The apologists still reside on mass, reacting with vitriol to anything that they perceive to be anti Thai.

I actually feel sorry for them, since I personally think they are hiding rather deeper issues...a bit like the closet Gay who goes Gay Bashing!

But what I lament however is the apparent loss of the more middle of the road posters. The long stayers who recognized Thailand for what it is, still liked living in Thailand though, who could actually have fairly reasoned comment, based on their having lived in Thailand a long time.

I fear they are the ones who have either exited Thailand and never, for whatever reason, want to comment again, or have found another, perhaps more welcoming forum to frequent.

For transparency, I did tire of they place, and went home, with my Thai wife. Now I enjoy my vacations at our house in Thailand, but I still retain an interest in the place and the fate of the people, through its various travails

• Like 2

It does look like a drop off but it could also be a lot of threads before restarted due to issues with long serving threads. You will not get notifications of new posts and your notifications will be less and that makes it look like a downturn.

It does appear many have flew the coop though just from looking at a lot of previously popular threads such as POTY and the pub section has just been destroyed.

17 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

It does look like a drop off but it could also be a lot of threads before restarted due to issues with long serving threads. You will not get notifications of new posts and your notifications will be less and that makes it look like a downturn.

It does appear many have flew the coop though just from looking at a lot of previously popular threads such as POTY and the pub section has just been destroyed.

Yeah, it just doesn't seem as much fun as it used to be with a lot of the old long ter posters, POTY etc type stuff 

There was always the bitchin and sniping, but that could be balanced against some of the other fun stuff.

That's what seems to have gone, sadly!

Edited by GinBoy2