BANGKOK 10 December 2018 08:45
l4ml4m

Notebook computer 8gb ram 240 ssd for less than 20000 thb ? where ? brand ?

hello,

How cheaters and ridiculous are all these computer brands still selling computers without SSD, I can't understand the stupidity !

I am looking for the cheapest 8gb ram 240 ssd notebook for less than 20000 thb as a spare computer and can't find any. All come with prehistoric 1T HDD and many have only 4gb ram for this price. When knowing how ram and SDD are cheap now, this is really stupid.

Have you found and bought a computer lately ? Where ? Brand ?

And do you think that core i3 or i5 processors should be the minimum requirement ? What are there other processors that some cheaper computer have ?

Thank you.

I bought a refurbished dell latitude e7450 with an i5, 16gb ram and used my own Samsung evo 850 ssd 

Only cost 12k thb so very economical compared to buying new @ Thai prices

1 hour ago, Ks45672 said:

I bought a refurbished dell latitude e7450 with an i5, 16gb ram and used my own Samsung evo 850 ssd 

Only cost 12k thb so very economical compared to buying new @ Thai prices

That's the way to do it. Buying a second user high quality business quality machine as opposed to cheap disposable plastic rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20k will not do it for recognised brands. Ask one of the upper floor maintenance shops at TukCom if can put something together. Old/new.

Edited by SheungWan

Sorry but I do not buy anything second hand. It's just a useless ridiculous chance to have some problem faster than with a new machine.

Buy one next time you're in the USA or HK or Singapore.... Absolutely under no circumstances should you buy any electronics in Thailand. Not only overpriced but the models are 2 years old. In the US you can get an i7 8th Gen 256 ssd for about 600 bucks easily. Look on Amazon maybe even the shipping to Thailand will be cheaper than buying from the local cowboy.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 12/7/2018 at 12:36 PM, l4ml4m said:

Sorry but I do not buy anything second hand. It's just a useless ridiculous chance to have some problem faster than with a new machine.

That's just a useless and ridiculous statement.

I have utilised customer returns exclusively for the past ten years. The devices I have from 2008 still work and are in regular use.

Second user doesn't mean less reliability. That really is just a nonsense statement.

Use your intelligence man. Businesses will obtain high quality devices, costing 42,000 to perhaps 80,000 baht.

After three years the devices are often renewed and the old devices are taken away by recyclers.

The quality of these devices are such that the new sellers can offer a full warranty on them and because they paid nothing for the devices, can offer them at extremely attractive prices.

A perfect example were these Dell Latitude e7240 devices; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dell-Latitude-E7240-Ultrabook-i5-CPU-4GB-RAM-128GB-SSD-12-Touchscreen-/232902237137 priced at 6300 baht.

Intel Core i5-4200U CPU 3M Cache, up to 2.6GHz

4GB DDR3 RAM • 128GB SSD Hard Disk

12" Full HD Touchscreen with Webcam

Sim card slot for data roaming

UK Keyboard

UK AC Adapter Supplied

Brand new battery fitted

Where else will you find a device of that specification and quality? SSD, Full HD Touchscreen, SIM card slot and quality of construction. Not only that, but they are willing to back it up with up to a 30 month warranty. 

Otherwise, you can buy a new, plasticky, disposable device at 10k+ that might just outlast it's warranty. Possibly a device that you may need to disassemble simply to get at the HDD in order to upgrade it to SSD.

If you think that buying new is better....it's your money.

I'll have the better device and I will pay much less for it.

On 12/7/2018 at 7:36 PM, l4ml4m said:

If you do not want anything 2nd hand then you may have set a purchase criteria that is unreachable re branded laptops and that leaves one with the possibility of a no-name Chinese laptop. One can check this out in Sham Shui Po in Hong Kong. There might be somewhere equivalent in BKK to explore?