Technical Difficulties Read more... ×
BANGKOK 14 December 2018 03:30
ThaiRebound

Getting a pair of jeans shipped from US, any tips?

Hi All, 

Should there be any trouble having something shipped to my hotel residence in Udon Thani? A family member is sending a new pair of Levi's jeans, tags removed. I was thinking to have the sender stain them lightly to make them seem used and maybe put them in a slightly dingy bag. Do you have any experience having this type of thing sent? Did/Does it usually make it over? Is there a particular courier service which is more/less dependable? Would it be safer for them to print out labels in Thai Language as well as have English Lettering on the package? Are these things ever targetted because of the country source or English lettering?

Any relevant information appreciated! (Please type snarky comments in titanium-white text for easy viewing on my screen)

TR

Wash them, and include a note: "Here are your favorite jeans..."

Do a Google search for shipping.

• Like 2

The best part of life is or can be, family relationships.  OP obviously is willing to put forth effort to take care of a family members' wishes.  Good for him!

• Like 1

Ask somebody who is coming to Thailand to bring them in their luggage and then post them to you if you are too far away to collect them. Just any idea. 

• Like 2

The best part of life is or can be, family relationships.  OP obviously is willing to put forth effort to take care of a family members' wishes.  Good for him!
I read at that the OP owns the jeans. And a family member will send them

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

DONT use any form of courier ! Use standard US postal service, make sure declared value is lower than $50.

This. Use USPS. I lived in Thailand for 8 years and had family ship me items  that I ordered online all the time and I never once had to pay any fees and never had my packages opened. Plus you can track your USPS package on the Thai Post website using the USPS tracking number once it arrives in Thailand. Doesn't hurt to include a short handwritten note just to show that it's coming from someone instead of a business but after all the packages I had sent to Thailand, I have the impression that they don't even open or check USPS packages for the most part.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CharlieH said:

DONT use any form of courier ! Use standard US postal service, make sure declared value is lower than $50.

I agree using the USPS is likely the least expensive method but I thought the duty exclusion is only  ฿1000.

21 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

Why when levis cost peanuts here ?

Smaller sizes maybe  but larger sizes 40/44 waist none existent...... unless you know better then i am all ears? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, poohy said:

Smaller sizes maybe  but larger sizes 40/44 waist none existent...... unless you know better then i am all ears? 

Yeah true and their sizes always lie !! I got a 38 and they feel like a 28 !! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1