Planned Temporary Forum Outage Friday 18th January from 21:00 Read more... ×
BANGKOK 18 January 2019 09:09
Jingthing

"Jomtien Supertown Walking Street" -- they built it, will you come?

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

More like wired right wing. 

Let me ask you, if there was a business in there that had something you really wanted and there was no other option for that in town, would you visit?

For example if you loved Ethiopian food and there was an Ethiopian restaurant there. 

The right answer is yes. The "normal" answer is yes. The right wing/homophobic answer is no. 

As i am wired right why in heavens name would I want to eat Ethiopian food.....:whistling:

And I do  still on occasions call at the Fantasy/Two Donnas bars...the rest of the "attractions" do not deter me, quite the opposite in fact I find much hilarity at the attempts thereof to attract customers........:clap2:

I wish you every success in trying to drum up interest in a place which largely caters to a small (fortunately) minority of the human race..... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, petermik said:

As i am wired right why in heavens name would I want to eat Ethiopian food.....:whistling:

And I do  still on occasions call at the Fantasy/Two Donnas bars...the rest of the "attractions" do not deter me, quite the opposite in fact I find much hilarity at the attempts thereof to attract customers........:clap2:

I wish you every success in trying to drum up interest in a place which largely caters to a small (fortunately) minority of the human race..... :thumbsup:

I'm not drumming up anything. Just making objective observations about a district that appears to be on the verge of a possible blooming. The part about the rebranding and the large signs showing that rebranding is actually NEWS.

You can't hide your disdain for gay people and that's fine. Says lots about you and nothing about gay people. 

Just for fun … I'm wondering have you even tried Ethiopian food? I can understand not liking it if you've tried it but otherwise that would just be closed minded. 

Edited by Jingthing

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Just for fun … I'm wondering have you even tried Ethiopian food? I can understand not liking it if you've tried it but otherwise that would just be closed minded. 

Just for fun also.........have you ever seen a healthy looking Ethiopian :whistling:

Might I recommend a "mucky fat butty" to you...puts hairs on mens chests and tastes as good as it sounds :thumbsup:

42 minutes ago, petermik said:

Just for fun also.........have you ever seen a healthy looking Ethiopian :whistling:

Might I recommend a "mucky fat butty" to you...puts hairs on mens chests and tastes as good as it sounds :thumbsup:

Sure. Plenty. You're full of toxic stereotypes, innit.

• Thanks 1

On 1/11/2019 at 3:01 AM, chaihot said:

And it is possible that this and other factors might change it.  There is a club (in the complex) that performs drag shows nightly (entertainment staff of 27+).  Over 50% of the clientele are Male/Female couples.  IMO, Jomtien has an over-abundance of visiting non-gay adults looking for something "naughty" that is "close" to the area they are staying.

Look at the response to the night market and the number of families going there for food and something to do.  It will be interesting to see if the complex can find a way to attract these visitors who are spending money.

I saw awhile back that The Venue was for sale for some outrageous price. I think it was more than one million pounds. That's the only draw on that street I can see being a mixed venue. It also wasn't really all that busy on the nights I watched the shows. The shows were actually better than some I have seen but there just weren't that many customers considering how many staff they had.

Otherwise there are a handful of bars on either side that are small gay host bars with Cambodian guys. I have stayed in the area and felt a bit uncomfortable although I am gay. I can't imagine that straight people would feel more at ease than I do. 

I just can't imagine what the place offers that can't be found elsewhere? There are some small shops between the bars that sell pretty much junk. Unless you are gay I can't imagine anybody going to the complex more than once. The exception is people cutting through from condos on their way to and from the beach.

There is some sort of rock and roll bar (or was last time I went there) on the Thappraya side that has excessively loud music. It always looked empty and has done the neighborhood the favor of making hotels like The Poseidon have a lot of vacancies.

• Like 1

Might I recommend a "mucky fat butty" to you...puts hairs on mens chests and tastes as good as it sounds
I remember that famous Ethiopian boxer, Starvin Hagler.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 1:24 PM, Jingthing said:

More like wired right wing. 

Let me ask you, if there was a business in there that had something you really wanted and there was no other option for that in town, would you visit?

For example if you loved Ethiopian food and there was an Ethiopian restaurant there. 

The right answer is yes. The "normal" answer is yes. The right wing/homophobic answer is no. 

Quite wrong actually.  My perfectly straight non-homophobic father visited Thailand a few years back and couldn't get through walking street quickly enough.  Some people are just uncomfortable in areas where sexual services and so openly promoted whether they be straight or gay.  Neither I nor my father would be happy entering this newly promoted zone no matter how good a particular restaurant inside was.  

Having said that, whilst my father would clearly be uncomfortable in both areas, I have no problem visiting establishments in walking street so perhaps I am homophobic.

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Again. This is not only about one street but instead an entire area comprising multiple streets. Also again there is no place called Boystown in Pattaya.  

So you aren't curious about visiting perhaps the best French bakery in Thailand? Do you think the baguettes there are gay and will try to do something naughty?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Mate you seem to be very excited about this "new sign". It sounds to me like that is all that has changed.

Oh... and the bakery. What connection do you have with the bakery

Quite wrong actually.  My perfectly straight non-homophobic father visited Thailand a few years back and couldn't get through walking street quickly enough.  Some people are just uncomfortable in areas where sexual services and so openly promoted whether they be straight or gay.  Neither I nor my father would be happy entering this newly promoted zone no matter how good a particular restaurant inside was.  

Having said that, whilst my father would clearly be uncomfortable in both areas, I have no problem visiting establishments in walking street so perhaps I am homophobic.
That's absurd. Visiting establishments in Walking Street has nothing to do with being homophobic.

That's absurd. Visiting establishments in Walking Street has nothing to do with being homophobic.

No but does the fact that I would visit an establishment in Walking Street but not one in Supertown make me a homophobe as that was the point I was making.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

No but does the fact that I would visit an establishment in Walking Street but not one in Supertown make me a homophobe as that was the point I was making.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
Bizarre. Of course it doesn't.