Planned Temporary Forum Outage Friday 18th January from 21:00 Read more... ×
BANGKOK 18 January 2019 16:15
snoop1130

Military to be out in full display for Children’s Day

As a kid I used to love going to the IMperial War Museum in London. I suppose this could be seen as similar!

• Like 2

There is enough to be cynical about with the current regime but Children’s Day is NOT one of them.  A). Military displays are not new or unique to this government.  The same approach has been repeated in the past under other governments. B) military displays are not the only events available to take the children to. C) I remember as a kid marveling at the Thunderbirds or Blue Angel aerial displays.  Most advanced countries have similar displays of military capabilities.  I hardly think these displays turn children into gun toting murderers or right wing fascists

• Like 1

So no free entries to Zoo's Museums Bouncy Castles cheaper weekends for families in Hotels and Seaside Resorts. Instead we bring the Military Power out to show Children. Yep that a sensible move!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JAG said:

Absolutely, bloody pathetic! All that money spent on kit, Generals galore, the brave defenders of the nation, and the best they can do is a 1951 vintage M41 "Walker Bulldog"!

I despair - a 60 year old panzer!

But it was washed for the occasion    :whistling:

11 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Ingrained and subtle nationalism.

And sometimes not so subtle. It can start at kindergarten age. Here the kinder kids are dressed in combat gear and learning how to throw hand grenades. Presumably this is in the junta designed school teaching curriculum. 

Military school.jpg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lupatria said:

Dresscode: same camouflage as in pre school?

b6e97ba6-4e1c-4ecb-ba9b-92cf5c7370fc_zps

Maybe this is why Thai's have such a love affair with guns. who can we kill today

• Like 1