BANGKOK 16 January 2019 08:30
ghworker2010

Govt dept the DLT dept land transport

1 hour ago, ghworker2010 said:

We moved from one province to another.

changing the address on the registration book of my bike and getting new plates

You say we so I guess one of you is Thai so take them along with you.

I have filled forms for 3 vehicles at our DLT for change of address in registration book and get new plates easy process with Mrs along.

Lifes too short, all vehicles are in the wifes name. Was never going to open that can of worms unless really necessary.........

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ghworker2010 said:

I had to go through the 'process' of changing the address on the registration book of my bike and getting new plates.

There was no need to do this, so you could have saved yourself all the troubles.

2 hours ago, ghworker2010 said:

tell me ALL the docs that are required

You need to bring:

- Your passport

- Certificate of residence

- Green book for the motorbike

- Motorbike

And you have to complete a form which you can get at the DLT

You have to go to the DLT two times, because they have to send a letter to the other DLT before they can change it.

Actually not too difficult, but also not necessary

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

I have filled forms for 3 vehicles at our DLT for change of address in registration book and get new plates easy process with Mrs along.

I've done it alone and still very easy.

1 visit to submit the documents, pay and get plates.

1 visit to collect the registration book.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

You say we so I guess one of you is Thai so take them along with you.

I strongly suspect that, for many of us Brit retirees, the IPC back home are way ahead of the DLT for the award referred to in the OP!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

There was no need to do this, so you could have saved yourself all the troubles.

Still so many disbelievers.

Some three years ago I tried to convince a mate from Germany to no avail that there is no need to get "Bangkok plates" after buying a bike from somewhere.

I lost the "tax decal" for my Harley recently (got burnt in a fire). 

Tried going to the local "Inspection" place to see if they could simply print a new one (as they had done the previous one).
Nope, can't do it.

OK, how about just doing a new inspection and I'll pay the tax and insurance again ?
Nope, can't do it.

I'm told I need a police report and then have to go to the Land Transport office to request a replacement decal.

Got the police report, went to the office on Highway 36, the lady started to fill out a form and then said "sorry - can't do it".

Why ? Because apparently the bike was "registered" in Bangkok (probably when it was imported) so she said I have to go to a Land Transport office in Bangkok, to request a replacement tax decal, that had been issued 3 months earlier in Pattaya (just like the previous 8 years since I owned the bike).

Then she tells me my other option is to wait until 3 months before my current "year" expires, then go do a new Inspection and pay for a new decal and insurance.

But they can't just print a new copy of the decal I've already paid for. Or cancel it and let me do it over again. Or do the paperwork and send it to Bangkok. 

(They didn't suggest anything about transferring the registration to Pattaya and I probably want to keep my "888" plate anyways despite it not being anywhere near as lucky as people seem to think it is.)

(My neighbour is an RTP traffic cop. He told me that I didn't need to get a replacement decal as long as I had a copy of the police report and a copy of the green book showing that I'd paid the tax and insurance. Got copies on the bike - we'll see how that goes if I get stopped between now and when the tax is due again).

On 1/10/2019 at 10:59 AM, ezzra said:

After so many years in Thailand i have learned NOT to ask why, why did you come late, why didn't you say anything, why are you doing in this way aetc. etc.... no rhyme or reasons for most things happening here, go with the flow and learn to live with it...

You wrote many posts, not far from ten thousand, this very one is probably the cleverest :biggrin:

(It does not imply others were not):wink:

3 hours ago, Kerryd said:

recently (got burnt in a fire). 

Lost and burnt in a fire...  don’t know what the decal is? Only

have the registration paper. 

Someone borrowed for for an extended time the registration paper

on two of the motos one nicely removed and the other tore off.

was told if I said it was stolen would have to go make a police report.

guess we should think of the multiple visits as giving us something to do.

How right you are. When I went to renew my five year driving license, I was told "No can do", you are not in the system, yet I got my licence legally at a Land Transport department.

I just decided to get a bigger motorbike for long distance traveling, now no more traffic jams to hold me up.

4 hours ago, Kerryd said:

I'm told I need a police report and then have to go to the Land Transport office to request a replacement decal. 

Probably depends on the province, in Bangkok and Udon Thani i didn't need a police report, just complete a form at the DLT

4 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Why ? Because apparently the bike was "registered" in Bangkok (probably when it was imported) so she said I have to go to a Land Transport office in Bangkok, to request a replacement tax decal, that had been issued 3 months earlier in Pattaya (just like the previous 8 years since I owned the bike).

This is probably an official rule. Experienced the same when i tried to get a replacement in Chiang Rai after it got lost.