BANGKOK 16 January 2019 08:26
Rimmer

Mayor calls on Pattaya to give up plastic, foam

Good ideas and reality seldom come into fruition here.........:whistling:

• Like 1

YADA YADA YADA..and I have seen as many falangs abusing plastics and foam ,not to mention the locals...ask yourself AM I ONE OF THOSE ? 

Yea but .. If they are smart about this all the boats with their smokey 2T engines presently anchored off the beach could replaced with ones made out of recycled Styrofoam grub containers and fitted with ecofriendly electric motors .. Might not be able to shuttle 12 Indians to Larn but its a start .. And Rome wasn't built in a day you know ..

IMG_20190111_185727.jpg

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp

19 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Yea but .. If they are smart about this all the boats with their smokey 2T engines presently anchored off the beach could replaced with ones made out of recycled Styrofoam grub containers and fitted with ecofriendly electric motors .. Might not be able to shuttle 12 Indians to Larn but its a start .. And Rome wasn't built in a day you know ..

The mayor wasn't on that job - that's his excuse anyway.

• Haha 2

Does anyone in Pattaya even use garbage cans?  I see garbage thrown on the side of streets all over the city.  Huge mounds of garbage bags piled up.  Businesses dumping their waste down sewers.  

2 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

Does anyone in Pattaya even use garbage cans? 

Yes I use mine every single day.

• Like 1

All the retailers would have to do is switch to paper bags. Obviously too complicated.

But in truth, they do not see the problem of waste, especially plastic waste. The only answer is education, but that's hard, it would require people to finish high school, at least, in impoverished areas it will never happen. 

So people keep dumping their plastic at nearest corner, as long as it is out of their house, all is good.

Education. It all starts and ends there. Unfortunately there is slow start, and quick end to it here. We'll keep drowning  in waste. To do something about it would require educated leaders, but education doesn't exist here. So there - waste everywhere is a norm.

21 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

Does anyone in Pattaya even use garbage cans?  I see garbage thrown on the side of streets all over the city.  Huge mounds of garbage bags piled up.  Businesses dumping their waste down sewers.  

I only see litter bins outside 7-11s.