Planned Temporary Forum Outage Friday 18th January from 21:00 Read more... ×
BANGKOK 18 January 2019 08:23
mrmazinkle

lost car registration book ..help please

Hi All .Bought a Ford truck in KK about 3yrs ago..I have lost the registration book.I have proof of purchase..question is how do I get a new registration book?many thanks for all replies

1 minute ago, kartman said:

The registered owner goes to the DLT fill in the forms etc NRS

Thanks ..What is NRS?what docs do I need please?passport obviously...

The registered owner should also drop by the local police station and file a report of the loss of the rego book before tackling the local office of the Department of Land Transport.

Can the OP remember what paperwork he needed to buy the truck and get the rego plates and book 3 years ago?

1. Police report - you will get a copy.

2. To DLT with your copy of above and as much info as you have - past insurance policy, past Por Ror Or, preferably the vehicle itself.

3. When you get a new Blue book, take photo copies and store in a safe

Edited by canthai55
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

preferably the vehicle itself.

I bet it is necessary for identification of the the vehicle.

Edited by KhunBENQ

PS - you will have back taxes to pay if you have not renewed Por Ror Or in 3 years.

And your supplementary insurance - if you have it - chances are will not be valid without current registration and Thai DL

Step 1 go to the local Police Station and report the loss. Step 2 Take the "lost" report to the Dept of Motor Vehicles who will doubtless tell you what else you need to do. Easy !

2 hours ago, VYCM said:

you'll probably find the book at the local Money Lender.

Your wife may have taken out a loan on (hocked) the car.

I wouldn't bet against that. It's a guarantee for the money lender because the car will be difficult to shift without the book.

My wife was once asked by a neighbour to lend her 25k baht and this lady was prepared to hand over her chanote (title deeds).

Good luck.

7 hours ago, VYCM said:

I don’t think the OP mentioned whether he was married or not - but sadly I real suspicion he is. 

So if the choice was a truck or perhaps a big bike or even a little MX5 - they are good fun - which one would wifey go for - can’t get a Buffalo in the MX5 

Bit naughty of you to suggest wifey had hocked the car ( it’s not a car just a glorified argricultural vehicle ) 

4 hours ago, a10ams said:

My wife was once asked by a neighbour to lend her 25k baht and this lady was prepared to hand over her chanote (title deeds). 

A chanote alone is as worthless as a vehicle registration book, she can just report it lost and get a new one, so a money lender who knows what he is doing would not accept it unless it would come together with a signed sales contract.

17 hours ago, VYCM said:

very witty but it fails, as, I don't have a wife and the truck is in my name.sorry if you have experience with this

thanks for all helpful replies I have all my docs original receipt ,papers.I have possession of the car for 3 years now and all insurance etc..thanks again

18 minutes ago, mrmazinkle said:
17 hours ago, VYCM said:

very witty but it fails, as, I don't have a wife and the truck is in my name.sorry if you have experience with this

If there is a mrsmazinkle, or maybe another gender (ladyboy friend), or good friend, housekeeper - whatever, it makes no difference if the truck is in your name they/it/he/she can still get money on it.