BANGKOK 16 January 2019 08:38
sumrit

Opening a Bangkok Bank Account to show transfers from overseas

you go to pattaya, jomtien beach branch bangkok bank , the branch is located around the corner soi 5 oposite the market. say you wish to open a savings acc. and an accident insurance .

wbr
roobaa01
Pity the cover isn't good

37 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Ahh,  a sweetener!

If you are under 65 you get free accident insurance with a Bangkok Bank Savings Account

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

If you are under 65 you get free accident insurance with a Bangkok Bank Savings Account

Really, didn't know that. I guess it is for new applicants only and just for a year?

Just now, jacko45k said:

Really, didn't know that. I guess it is for new applicants only and just for a year?

Free until you reach 65 years of age, think there is an Annual Service Fee of 300 Baht.

If its free why not but the cover is generally poor. It will be something like 20k. Is it a new offer giving free insurance?

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

If its free why not but the cover is generally poor. It will be something like 20k. Is it a new offer giving free insurance?

I had no idea I had the it till they told me after I turned 65 I couldn’t have it, it’s via a Be 1st Smart Debit Card.

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Only if you have the Be1st Smart TPN Rabbit Siriraj Card

And only up to 5000THB per accident

• Thanks 1

I had no idea I had the it till they told me after I turned 65 I couldn’t have it, it’s via a Be 1st Smart Debit Card.
i had a look, its unclear which one you have but its likely it covers zero medical expenses, anyway free is free i guess