Planned Temporary Forum Outage Friday 18th January from 21:00 Read more... ×
BANGKOK 18 January 2019 16:12
rooster59

Woman's airport meltdown: Compatriot says: That's a Thai for you!

I thought Hi SO and the tantrum wonder if she was on a budget airline.... scrolled up to picture yep Air Asia..  Pay - Eat the Oranges until under limit - Gift the Oranges....

life has has choices 

50 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

All bullology. 7 kg why? If you get on as a passanger within the limit on baggage but weighing 150 Kg there is no problem. If the airline make a weight that includes the passanger and their baggage then ok. Otherwise it is an annoyance to people wighing just 60Kg and seeing a passanger with the ssme baggage and weighing 3 times your weight. You people love strict rules. Join the army.

I'm with you, but they are putting something in the water to bugger up people's reasoning. That's why I drink coca cola.

Reasoning then tells me at 75kg I'm ok with 10kg checked luggage so I go with that. Plus an extra two in my jacket pockets for good measure.

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Must not be able to read, there's a big sign next to her that says 7 Kg.

regards worgeordie

The airport should consider to establish a solution team - if so they may have advised her to dress her self with an additional 7 kg....:thumbsup:

The airport should consider to establish a solution team - if so they may have advised her to dress her self with an additional 7 kg....:thumbsup:

They we’re oranges though - It would be quite the outfit. “I didn’t know” is not a good excuse. To buy one ticket you also get 3 pages of rules and regulations. The Airlines have been very clear. I just wish they also started using the “frame size tester” again. No weird shapes

As a very frequent domestic flyer I stick to the one bag less than 7kgs rule. This allows me to offload the second, third and sometimes fourth "hand" bag hauled into the overhead locker onto the aisle and leave the cabin crew to handle the rest. 
Doesn't make me lots of friends but, unless the carriers are not getting tough on this, things will never change. In certain European countries you're charged for any weight exceeding your allowance. 

• Confused 1

"That's a Thai for you!"

Really? I would have thought Chinese or something. What makes her so "Thai"? I've seen Western people melt down like this as well.

Weird title for this topic.

• Like 1

Sure, I usually have about 10kg in my carry-on bag, but then I usually travel with only one bag (no checked in luggage) and I keep it within the carry-on dimensions. If they complain, then I just go to the toilet and change from shorts and sandals to pants and shoes and put on a jacket and put something heavy (like a book) in the pockets. That way my carry-on bag is about 7kg when they check the second time... Then after the security check I just change back 🤣 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Must not be able to read, there's a big sign next to her that says 7 Kg.

regards worgeordie

and you never ever tried to load just a bit more than the allowed 7kg?

• Like 1

Im with her. The carrier looks like Air Asia, (like Ryanair, the worst airlines in the world) and they will squeeze you until the pips in your oranges squeak.

Writing this under this under cover of darkness, it's a Thai female DNA thing

Woe betide any of us that pokes that tiger in the eye.

....Oh No, she's seen me, call 911, call the Marines, call anyone, I'm gonna die!