Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jet Gorgon

Thai Toilet Etiquette

205 posts in this topic

Squats are an issue for me...... this is rather disgusting but it works for me..

i clean the squat top off with paper and then sit on it like a normal bog! it works for dropping logs as they drop into the hole! it takes a bit of bombardier practice but usually 9 out of 10 hit the target

Careful peeing in this position as back splash is a dead cert..standing cures this...

I love the bum gun though..really miss it when its not in a bog..i don't use the splash bucket and wipe method with hand only in emergencies with no paper.

The bum gun Ialways use but it annoys me if the pressure is low and only a trickly i enjoy a good solid blast to cleanse me bits.

Hey no problem,

Visa runs wear shorts

Buss travel wear shorts

Pha Yen from the hostes or get them before you go.

All over Thailand they have squatties and not far away they have the 10Bhat towel machine

They also provide instuctions for both types:

post-17667-1245545349_thumb.jpg

post-17667-1245545744_thumb.jpg

post-17667-1245545229_thumb.jpg

I'm also contemplating fitting a squat toilet in my Thai house, although I'm unsure Thai vistors will stump up my 10 baht fee?

...although I seek guidance on how to make them wash their hands!

HERE'S a great way to make MEN wash their hands....

GettingMenToWashHands.bmp

Squats are an issue for me...... this is rather disgusting but it works for me..

i clean the squat top off with paper and then sit on it like a normal bog! it works for dropping logs as they drop into the hole! it takes a bit of bombardier practice but usually 9 out of 10 hit the target

Careful peeing in this position as back splash is a dead cert..standing cures this...

I love the bum gun though..really miss it when its not in a bog..i don't use the splash bucket and wipe method with hand only in emergencies with no paper.

The bum gun Ialways use but it annoys me if the pressure is low and only a trickly i enjoy a good solid blast to cleanse me bits.

YES, that is disgusting, putting ur naked arse cheeks where others are crapping and urinating. You must be "Mr Hugh Jass" to get your butt cheeks to each side of the shittter. Amazing stuff :D .

What makes me laugh about this so much, is its just such an easy simple task, thank christ some of you arnt trying to perform brain surgery. :)

in China...went to the "washroom" in Shanghai..you pay money to the lady..but no toilet paper or soap..no squat toilets there..same on the train from Xiamen to Shanghai..but we always have tp and soap with us i felt shitttty until i read your comments on these pages..thanks folks..better than toilet humour..

in China...went to the "washroom" in Shanghai..you pay money to the lady..but no toilet paper or soap..no squat toilets there..same on the train from Xiamen to Shanghai..but we always have tp and soap with us i felt shitttty until i read your comments on these pages..thanks folks..better than toilet humour..

Again in China ,the most obnoxious shitter I have ever encountered.

On the night ferry from Behai to Hainan ,the toilet is a trough about 12 inches wide and 6 inches deep and about 15 foot long. running along the deck, you just drop you daks and squat ,leaning back against the bulwarks, trouble was there are no partitions so its shoulder to shoulder men and women all together.

No facility to clean the nether region , the locals just dumped their load ,pulled up the daks and walked off,luckily I had a handkerchief in my pocket which was better than nothing.

When the tray is full to overflowing a deckhand takes the fire hose off the wall and sluices the lot over the sides.

The boat was so overloaded with passengers without cabins that they were sitting ,eating and sleeping only a few feet from the shitter and in full view. :)

True, Soundman. But public toilets are pretty dismal anywhere. And if ya gotta go...like on visa trip stops, well...

Into the bushes and clean up with a banana leaf, JG, it works for me. :D

If Im ever passin by your place please dont offer to make me a sarni :)

Haha.. my dad once shitted in the corn field here, so it's about the same as in the jungle.

The pics from post 198.

You are supposed to face the wall??? I have been facing away the entire time!!!