Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

englishinbkk

Documents Needed For Marry A Thai Lady.

30 posts in this topic

Greetings,

Hope i can find some useful info from someone with knowledge of marrying a Thai Lady.

My friend holding a UK passport and currently working in Saudi will be marrying his Thai gf but is unsure what is needed.

Could anyone kindly let me know which documents are required.

Again please post only helpful comments.

Thanks in advance for any info,

Rgds.

Hi,

When I married with my american husband we hire lawyer officer for do translation your document in Thai and your wife document in English and they went to consular for signator approved.

1st we went to my husband embassy for get his single document . He filled the form and paid fee, and afterthat gave document to lawyer then they do for us and took us to Amphur (district) . For yourself just document confirm you are single that time and passport.

For your wife copy of her ID and Tabeanbaan (document to show where she lives).

PS: we married April'2006 and every thing finish in a day..just document approved from consular 2 days but if you dnt need for apply visa then no need it.

I think should not much diffrence.

good luck. :o

tell your friend,

before coming to thailand, to get a letter from his employer, saying he has been employed for x years and earns y pounds per month/year.

he will need to go to the british embassay to get a letter from them saying its ok to marry, sorry cannt remember name of it or how much, the brit embassay will know the letter.

come out of the brit embassay and turn right and walk towards ploenchit rd, go over the footbridge, there are plenty of translation providers there, who will translate the letter into thai.

they will also arrange to take care of everything regarding going to amphor office etc.

if your friend wants to take his wife to saudi, he will need to have the marriage certificate translated into arabic and stamped, the only place i know that does this is down sukhumvit 41 or 49, sorry cant remember which one, it has a sign just before the soi that says sheikul islam office in english and the address in thai above it.

if he is divorced he will need to take divorce papers with him to brit embassay.

you can also tell your friend to ask his girlfiend to go to one of the translation places and ask them what documents the girlfriend needs to bring with her, id card, taibeanbaan etc.

unless they intend doing this up country, the girl will also need to change her id card and passport if she has one, these translation placed in bkk can take care of all that.

the girl might be taken aback by the 7-8000 baht these places charge, but it is well worh it, to get everything done in one day, hassle free, and anyway the bf is earning big bucks in saudi.

hope this helps

Some important documents, well pieces of paper, that are needed for marrying a Thai lady are those retangular ones that you get by putting a card into a machine and pressing numbers.

Bank notes I think they are called.

Greetings,

Hope i can find some useful info from someone with knowledge of marrying a Thai Lady.

My friend holding a UK passport and currently working in Saudi will be marrying his Thai gf but is unsure what is needed.

Could anyone kindly let me know which documents are required.

Again please post only helpful comments.

Thanks in advance for any info,

Rgds.

The first and most important document you need is a cashier's check for at least $100,000 CASH, which you hand over to the one you're madly in love with. They may ask you to change your will, leaving her "everything". All your ex-wives, and children from various failed marriages will get ZIPPO. The third document, well, it's not really a document, it's your ATM card, with a minimum cash advance limit of $600 per day.

For any other documents, see a lawyer, who no doubt will find a way to get themself listed as a beneficiary in any insurance policies he/she/shim sets up.

Some interesting posts.. but not really that helpful... I would strongly suggest hiring a lawyer to do the job, the costs are about 10,000 Baht. You might want to also consider a pre-nup as well.

rgs2001UK's post gives a lot of good details...

You can contact the lawyer I used at the following email address Pearson.Thongoui@gmail.com , then you can discuss your requirements with them if you want.

MyNameMe

Just the letter of being single from the embassy (24 hour wait) passport,

then when he picks up the letter get it translated into thai 200-300 baht,

then go to a local ampur office with the paper and passport, and g/f id card and blue book, answer a couple of questions pay your money job done

to easy

Thanks for the informative replies.. guess there would be some anal suggestions there also..

Some important documents, well pieces of paper, that are needed for marrying a Thai lady are those retangular ones that you get by putting a card into a machine and pressing numbers.

Bank notes I think they are called.

Thanks for the reply,,, i imagine you got tons of giggles from it, i was seriously doubled up and couldnt stop laughing...what a joker you are..

Yo weho ,,, HOW MUCH ,,,,,no way im calling the tourist police :o

to marry a Thai Lady you need a "freedom to marry" (in whatever form it takes) from your embassy, which needs translation to Thai, then you head to the Amphur and get the job done.

I used a translation service which was a lot easier than doing the job myself.

The freedom to marry paper has to be obtained from your Embassy and any previous marriage will require divorce paperwork. That document is than translated into Thai and most importantly registered with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Translation service may provide that service or you can do yourself - but it must be done. Once you have that paper with the registration seal/number you can go to any district office with the wife to register the marriage. District Office will want two witness (office staff usually can be used) and if you do not speak Thai, and they are not good at English, they may insist you have someone to translate for you. So he need passport and any divorce papers and funds to pay the fees (not really very much). It can be done in a day with help or perhaps several days if you do yourself and don't pay expedition fees.

Besides love a Pre_nuptial agreement that protects both husband and wife is important. Have a Thai lawyer represent your wife so she cannot say she didn't understand what she signed. If you are a non Thai female, have a Thai lawyer represent your Thai husband to be for the same reasons.

English,

Sorry if not erudite and informative for you.

Yes was a little joke, may not have made you laugh but don’t care really. The idea on this site, I think, is to be informative and to have some fun. So sorry if too childish and low brow for you. :o