Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
Jai Dee

Good Places To Eat In Krabi

My favourite is the breakfast buffet at Krabi Resort - it's in the corner on the right at Ao Nang when you are facing the sea. Ask at reception for the price. The food is good.

Please add your suggestions here.

• Like 1

Hi, if you are there on a sunday you have to check out the A One resteraunt Just down from the Chaya resort on Napporat Tara beach Ao Nong. It has to be the best sunday roast Ive had in Thailand. Mashed and roast potatos. Yorkshire pudding, stuffing and proper gravy all with fresh well cooked veg as well. Also do excellent Thai food as well :o:D

for vegetarians, i'd recommend Hong Ming which is located on the small road behind vogue department store (sorry the name isn't on my map) and the corner of Maharat Soi 10.

monday to saturday, early morning to approx. 5 pm.

they usually have several different curries, and vegetarian pork and duck. It's chinese vegetarian so they also make 'gweeteow' to order.

the staff doesn't speak much english, but they are very friendly.

if anyone knows the name of the road behind vogue, please post it.

Edited by up-country_sinclair
  • Like 1

if you come out of Vogue Super Store and turn left then take the second on the left, starting on that corner and futher down are some good Muslim places for food. Lovely liver and green beans (not hot), masaman curry, breakfast noodles (forget the name offhand) with curry sauce etc etc etc and lovely Muslim tea.

If your on Ko Lanta. Dont miss RED SNAPPER in Phra Ae Village http://www.redsnapper-lanta.com/ great tappas.

in Krabi town down along Chow Fa Pier ( the old pier) it a great Thai seafood place- everybody knows it, but the name has slipped my mind. its open for lunch and evenings, its very popular usually spilling out on the street. next to the night food stalls.

Indian: Navrang Mahal

Thai: Ruen Mai or Ban Ton Kao in Krabi Town

Seafood: Krua Thara (always busy)

Western: Irish Rover

inspired by the indian food thread, my wife and i went to navrang mahal today.......the food was very good and the service was attentive.

i'd recommend it to those who enjoy indian food. :o

Breakfast: at the hotel (free)

Lunch: Koy Kulakasai near Wat Tam Sua

Dinner: Wangsai Seafood at Ao Nang Beach/ Krua Tara near Nopparat Tara Beach/ Pad Thai (Street Stall) in front of 7-11 before reaching The Cliff Ao Nang Resort

Snack & Desert: Ice cream next to Best Western Ban Ao Nang/ Thai Crepe or Thai Pancake (Roo Tee) with banana at any food stall beside the street

Hotel: Pavillion Queen's Bay/ Best Western Ban Ao Nang

Don't forget the night foodmarket between Ao Nang and Nopparattara.................nice food, great prices, good craic.

can anyone recommend a good sandwich place?

Yep, can't remember the name the Sandwich Machine or something like that - new place in Ao Nang on the right hand side of the Sea of Love Plaza opposite McDonalds. Stunning sandwiches, loadsa different breads, fillings etc- having another tomorrow :o

In Krabi town a fine, clean and not expensive restaurant, CAfe Europa, Ownded by 2 friendly Danes who've been here for 18 years.

Good Western food and great Danish sandwiches. Really worth stopping by when in Krabi town.

Indian: Navrang Mahal

Thai: Ruen Mai or Ban Ton Kao in Krabi Town

Any indication as to where to find those ? :o

The Indian Navrang Mahal is located in Ao Nang, I think near the Krabi Resort.

The famous Thai restaurant Ruen Mai is located at Maharat Rd, Krabi Town, next to the eagle traffic lights.

Ban Ton Kao is something like a Thai farmhouse which looks out over its own paddy field. Located at Klong Chilat junction (look for the restaurants signboard).

Also not to miss:

Sala Bua Thai Restaurant. The restaurant is blessed with a spectacular setting on Ao Nang Beach, overlooking the Andaman Sea. Good Thai and Seafood.

Lo Spuntino Italian Restaurant. Just next to Sala Bua with the same beach setting. The only Italian Chef in Ao Nang. Fresh home made pasta, sauces, pizza, Italian cold cuts, seafood Italian style and delicious steaks (lamb, t-bone, rib eye,etc.) marinated in extra virgin oil and rosemarin.

Gluay Mai - Orchid Garden. Just outside of Ao Nang, on the road towards Klong Muang, pretty location near a small river and is a popular lunch spot. Try the marinated chicken wings, delicious!

My favourite is the breakfast buffet at Krabi Resort - it's in the corner on the right at Ao Nang when you are facing the sea. Ask at reception for the price. The food is good.

Please add your suggestions here.

Nakamanda Resort has a really special setting and some good food.

Maybe a "special occasion" location.