Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

george

Please! No Sex On The Bus!

george    2,855

Bangkok bus service warns amorous students to behave themselves in back seats

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok transport officials posted notices on some of the city's buses Wednesday urging young passengers not to have sex while riding in the vehicles.

The Bangkok Mass Transit Authority came under fire from commuters this week after a study by an academic revealed that scores of colleges students were engaging in intercourse, usually in the rear seats of the darkened buses during the evening commute from classes.

"I have interviewed bus conductors and some passengers, and they confirm the study that students are having sex, especially on the air-conditioned bus route 12," said Virat Chokkatiwat, a director of the MTA.

Route 12 goes past several evening colleges of Bangkok and terminates at the outskirts of the capital. Cloth curtains on bus windows along that route have been removed because some lovers were using them to cover themselves, Virat said.

In an effort to combat the problem, notices on all the Route 12 buses now advise: "Thai women should preserve old culture about sexual behaviour."

Although Thailand is well-known for its racy nightlife, it is a predominantly Buddhist, conservative country, where displays of public affection, including kissing in public, are rare.

Still, social mores among the younger generation, influenced by western culture in recent decades, are quickly changing.

--AP 2004-09-01

rss    0

Where can I find route maps for the city busses? This might be cheaper Nana.

siam    0

Can you imagine route number 12 now,The bus will be filled with Farang waiting to get an eyefull,The Thais wont be able to get on the bus now :o

dr_Pat_Pong    3
He He I love this country, it is never boring!!!

Meet yer there on root 12 when you return to the LOS Leith. I won't blow the whistle on you for a bit on the back seat. :o

ovenman    279
In an effort to combat the problem, notices on all the Route 12 buses now advise: "Thai women should preserve old culture about sexual behaviour."

What does that mean? That the amorous duo should get off the bus when it passes one of Thailand's ubiquitous "curtain hotels" and get themselves a room?

thaiwing    0

The Bangkok Mass Supersexy Highway

If you ever plan to motor east:

Travel my way, the highway that's the best.

Get your kicks on Route number 12!

iChubbyGirl    0

I've heard this news on radio yesterday. I know bus route 12 very well, i usually take this bus to the university. However, I wonder how can they do it on the air condition bus???? :D

i agree with this. Why they do it on bus. Crazy!!! :o:D I not an old generation but it's really piss me off.

I think they imitate western culture from movie and TV show such as MTV.

:D Sao jai = so sad.

Chat, one of Thai girl

xbusman    25

If this behaviour is western I would not have left. Maybe I missed something going on at Greyhound....

IamMaiC    0

What does that mean? That the amorous duo should get off the bus when it passes one of Thailand's ubiquitous "curtain hotels" and get themselves a room?

They mean that they should not do this in public according to my wife Man and Woman cannot even kiss let alone have a little fun on a bus!!!

IamMaiC    0
I've heard this news on radio yesterday. I know bus route 12 very well, i usually take this bus to the university. However, I wonder how can they do it on the air condition bus????  :D

i agree with this. Why they do it on bus. Crazy!!! :o:D I not an old generation but it's really piss me off.

I think they imitate western culture from movie and TV show such as MTV.

:D Sao jai = so sad.

Chat, one of Thai girl

I agree with CG I don't know all the customs of thailand even though i was born there but i know some about how men and women should act. when i got married in 2002 I went walking around my wife's village to meet all her friends we walked around the whole place. I was holding her hand, My Mom told me that we should not do that even that in public, But my wife said it was OK now.

NedKelly    2

I thought that Thai kids were more interested in the wierd Jap cultural mash than western stuff !! Whatthey are fed on tv and movies is hardly ..'the west' anyway.........and what about Thai tv......geesus......so much killing and violence and depicted sex scenes.........outdoes 'the west' anytime.

Felt 35    320

"Thai women should preserve old culture about sexual behaviour."

[/b]preserve old culture

Preserve old culture

preserve old culture

rss    0

I tried the bus last night ... out of journalistic curiosity, mind you, although my press ID was purchased a half hour before I boarded.

Anyway, I got off the bus at the very next stop when I was asked to pay in advance! I never pay in advance in Southeast Asia!