Thailand Forum
meadish_sweetball

The Tattoo Thread - Western Names In Thai Script

Since we get an increasing amount of requests about tattoos and how to transcribe names into Thai script, we thought it would be a good idea to gather these queries in one and the same thread (special thanks to mangkorn for the original suggestion).

There is already a fair bit of information on this subject scattered over Thaivisa. We will try to link to the most informative threads and posts here as well.

If you have any suggestions, please don't hesitate to PM me or another Thaivisa moderator.

:o

• Like 1

Sarathi    315

I am disappointed not to find lots of pictures of tattoos on naked butts and other areas in this thread :o

Tattoos seem to be popular in Khmer script in Thailand.

Heng    293

I remember a gal back in college who thought she had her name written in Chinese characters on the small of her back. When we saw it, we had to tell her nope, what she got was *turtle-storm-woman* :o

And just in case anyone changes their mind after the fact or mispells something.... I recommend Dr. Chanokpon at Yanhee Hospital. She's a whiz with their Nd-Yag laser.

:D

5tash    1
heyy could someone possibly tell me what my name would be in thai? its ainsley. much thanks! x

เอนสลีย์

• Like 1

adgroom    0

Hey guys, I'm living in Phuket and looking to get a tatoo soon. Could anyone possibly show me what 'Adam' would be in Thai, and also does anyone know any decent places to get one done around Phuket?

thanks!

DavidHouston    131
Hey guys, I'm living in Phuket and looking to get a tatoo soon. Could anyone possibly show me what 'Adam' would be in Thai, and also does anyone know any decent places to get one done around Phuket?

thanks!

อดัม

blajeans    0

hey, I am probably going to bkk again in july and after getting a tattoo over there last time, i am thinking of getting my name in thai this time. Can you tell me how to write my name "Steven" in Thai please??

thithi    0
hey, I am probably going to bkk again in july and after getting a tattoo over there last time, i am thinking of getting my name in thai this time. Can you tell me how to write my name "Steven" in Thai please??

สตีเฟน

P.S. i just stole someone's job hhehehe sorry

blajeans    0

สตีเฟน

5tash    1

สตีเฟน

Would สตีเว่น be a more accurate transcription of "Steven"

And สตีเฟน/สตีเฟ่น "Stephen" ?