Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meadish_sweetball

The Tattoo Thread - Western Names In Thai Script

363 posts in this topic

hi

someone else gave me this translation for 'don't worry be happy' which is slightly longer than the one provided in this thread, could someone let me know which is the correct one?

ไม่ต้องกังวล ทำตัวให้มีความสุขเข้าไว

thanks alot

hi

someone else gave me this translation for 'don't worry be happy' which is slightly longer than the one provided in this thread, could someone let me know which is the correct one?

ไม่ต้องกังวล ทำตัวให้มีความสุขเข้าไว

thanks alot

http://www.thai-language.com/dict/

Hello, I want a tattoo in Thai as a phrase that means something like "living the dream". However those words do not seem to translate over and make sense in Thai because dream was only meaning your dreams in sleep and I needed the ambition/desire/aspire meaning. After playing around with a lot of different words and using different Thai dictionaries I have come up with this... อาศัยสิ่งที่คุณปรารถนา

According to google translator this says "living what you desire" which would work for me. My question is though, is the above phrase correct and does it actually make sense to a Thai speaking person?

Also if anyone has another phrase that says this in a better way please post it.

Thank you very much

Mark D

อาศัยสิ่งที่คุณปรารถนา doesn't make sense for what you want.

"living the dream" - มีชีวิตอยู่กับสิ่งที่คุณใฝ่ฝัน

I think someone else might be able to give you a better version. :-)

i was thinking of changing it to follow your dreams because living is confusing me. how about this...

ฝันทําตามตัว or ทําตามตัวฝัน

which one, if any, makes sense? i used thai-language.com and google translator to come up with this.

Thank you

I'd like to now my name and bday in thai script:

Anne

020885 or 2.8.1985 (day/month/year) A.D.

The E letter is also pronounced, so it's not the same as Ann.

E sounds same as e in elaphant or end.

Thanks!

-Anne

แอนน์ 020,885 หรือ 2.8.1985 (วัน / เดือน / ปี) AD

"I'd like to now my name and bday in thai script:

Anne

020885 or 2.8.1985 (day/month/year) A.D.

The E letter is also pronounced, so it's not the same as Ann.

E sounds same as e in elaphant or end."

Hi all, just joined the forums today. I am also interested in getting my first tattoo in Thai script, but I need a little help with the translation. I wanted to get 'heart' tattooed in Thai, but not the physical organ, but more in the sense of 'willpower' or 'courage' as in 'He's got heart.'

I've tried looking up a few things and ขวัญ is the best I could come up with for that meaning. If anyone could help me out, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi all, just joined the forums today. I am also interested in getting my first tattoo in Thai script, but I need a little help with the translation. I wanted to get 'heart' tattooed in Thai, but not the physical organ, but more in the sense of 'willpower' or 'courage' as in 'He's got heart.'

I've tried looking up a few things and ขวัญ is the best I could come up with for that meaning. If anyone could help me out, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

He's got heart.......เขามีหัวใจ

courage......ความกล้าหาญ

willpower....จิตตานุภาพ

He's got heart.......เขามีหัวใจ

courage......ความกล้าหาญ

willpower....จิตตานุภาพ

wow that was quick, thanks! but does ขวัญ apply in the context that I am using it in? sort of like 'spirit' or 'morale' that kinda abstract thing. I apologize if I can't articulate it well, but I don't want my first (maybe only) tattoo to be a blunder!

Hello,

can anyhelp me and show how Alec is being spelled in Thai.

Glegolo

Hello,

can anyone help me and show how Alec is being spelled in Thai.

Glegolo

I have tried to translate Alec,no translation available

He has heart.......เขามีหัวใจ........!

courage..............ความกล้าหาญ

my TG reckons that this is as best translation for what you need,hope it works out!!

He has heart.......เขามีหัวใจ........!

courage..............ความกล้าหาญ

my TG reckons that this is as best translation for what you need,hope it works out!!

-----------------------------

Thank you. my friend will be happy with this Haert thing.

many thanks again

Glegolo

Hello,

can anyhelp me and show how Alec is being spelled in Thai.

Glegolo

Alec - อเล็ค

คนใจถึง would work well for what you want.

If I see เขามีหัวใจ, the only meaning I can think of is "He has a heart", heart as in an organ.