Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
meadish_sweetball

The Tattoo Thread - Western Names In Thai Script

hey, I am probably going to bkk again in july and after getting a tattoo over there last time, i am thinking of getting my name in thai this time. Can you tell me how to write my name "Steven" in Thai please??

สตีเฟน

P.S. i just stole someone's job hhehehe sorry

Would สตีเว่น be a more accurate transcription of "Steven"

And สตีเฟน/สตีเฟ่น "Stephen" ?

thai borrowed the ฟ from Eng language from the F and V

but most of us do pronouce it with the ว for the V

and with the ไม้เอก we dont have to use it since it's from English, but for sure you can put it on

well just choose one u like for yr tattoo ... or all of them hahahahah

Great thread! And, what about "Shaun"?

ฌอน

I see from another thread that the company "Shell" (เชลล์) use as their 'sh' sound and not . Both characters are more a 'ch' as in 'chips' sound than 'sh' as in 'fish' (or indeed Shaun!). Given that ชอน is probably not a good word to have tattooed :o how about ชอร์น

i would write as ฌอน ... the ชอน one kinda funny a bit and very simply

I know this must be asked a million times or more times, but can someone help me get a Thai translate for a potential tattoo. I want to get the words "established" and "born", with the numbers “1978” and “1983”. I know the Thai's use the English numeric numbers these days, but does anyone know what the numbers 1983 and 1978 look like in Thai?

Cheers heaps,

I know this must be asked a million times or more times, but can someone help me get a Thai translate for a potential tattoo. I want to get the words "established" and "born", with the numbers “1978” and “1983”. I know the Thai's use the English numeric numbers these days, but does anyone know what the numbers 1983 and 1978 look like in Thai?

Cheers heaps,

1978 = ๑๙๗๘

1983 = ๑๙๘๓

I'm guessing you just need the numerals or did you want the translations too?

AjarnP

• Like 1

Cheers heaps,

1978 = ๑๙๗๘

1983 = ๑๙๘๓

AjarnP

Yeah cheers for that AjarnP. Now to get the words "established" as well as "born" translated.

Thanks again.

I know this must be asked a million times or more times, but can someone help me get a Thai translate for a potential tattoo. I want to get the words "established" and "born", with the numbers "1978" and "1983". I know the Thai's use the English numeric numbers these days, but does anyone know what the numbers 1983 and 1978 look like in Thai?

Cheers heaps,

1978 = ๑๙๗๘

1983 = ๑๙๘๓

AjarnP

[Are you certain that the poster wants the AD date, rather than the BE date?]

Edited by DavidHouston

Well, he did ask for the A.D. date.

But if he really insists on a Thai tattoo, he should surely go with the Buddha, for authenticity...

Hi everyone!

Its not my name i want to get in thai but the following words-

Love

Trust

Guardian angel

I understand that there may not be a literal translation for guardian angel, bit i want something that means a guardian spoirit that watches over and protects you.

I have done some reseach- but im a little confused as i know there are lots of different words with different meanings! Just want to make sure i get the correct ones

Thanks!

Hi everyone!

Love - ความรัก

Trust - ความชื่อ

Guardian angel - เทพารักษ์

I understand that there may not be a literal translation for guardian angel, bit i want something that means a guardian spoirit that watches over and protects you.

I have done some reseach- but im a little confused as i know there are lots of different words with different meanings! Just want to make sure i get the correct ones

Thanks!

Like you said there are many ways to translate these words. I would wait to hear other peoples opinions before you go ahead with any tattoos. :o

Hi everyone!

Love

Trust

Guardian angel

Thanks!

Love = รัก

Trust = I'd go with เชื่อใจ but one might make a case for ไว้ใจ or ศรัทธา among a few others

Guardian angel = There are many different ways you could go with this. I prefer (เทวดา)อารักษ์ (with or without เทวดา and written either before or after อารักษ์). You might also explore พระภูมี, or เจ้าพ่อ/เจ้าแม่

Hi Everyone,

I have two tricky names i'd like translated into thai script:

ANIKA

MIKAYLA

Thanks for your help!!