Thailand Forum
meadish_sweetball

The Tattoo Thread - Western Names In Thai Script

eefoo    94

I'd guess at

Anika อะนิคา

Mikayla มิแคย์ลา

See what others think

I agree this is a good thread, a similar topic I posted a while ago saved me from public humilation, i wanted the word brother (for m little borthers) but I learnt it was thai slang for the word penis :o good job i checked.

Ive since settled for a latiin word on my wrist :D

juju1171    0

Hi,

I'd like to get the words 'footsteps of life' in thai script vertically tattooed........ can anyone help? :o

Browchay    0

Hi,

I already have one daughters name in Thai tattooed on my arm (Ella May), was done by Ugly in Chiang Mai (excellent !)

A few years later I now have another daughter and would like to have her name translated into Thai also so I can get another one done.

So, could anyone please help me out and give me a translation for ' Mia Lucie ' pronounced - MeAh Lu Si

Thanks in advance ! very much appreciated !

Bruce. :o

mangotogo    0
Hi,

I already have one daughters name in Thai tattooed on my arm (Ella May), was done by Ugly in Chiang Mai (excellent !)

A few years later I now have another daughter and would like to have her name translated into Thai also so I can get another one done.

So, could anyone please help me out and give me a translation for ' Mia Lucie ' pronounced - MeAh Lu Si

Litterally translated it gives เมีย ลูสี . The term Mia has a few meanings in Thai. " tua mia" means female dog. "mia noy" is mistress. I am learning Thai so I could be wrong,double check on my translation.

yoot    1

Mia Lucie - มีอา ลูซี

CSS    0
Hi,

Litterally translated it gives เมีย ลูสี . The term Mia has a few meanings in Thai. " tua mia" means female dog. "mia noy" is mistress. I am learning Thai so I could be wrong,double check on my translation.

mangotodo has the simplest transcription of the name. เมีย-Mia/MeAh by itself simply means wife. However, if you want to avoid that you could add a tone marker: เมี่ย for MeAh with a falling tone or เมี้ย with a high tone low or rising tones could also be produced but I guess I would go with either high or falling. None of which carry any meanings that I know of.

Another route to go would be to go with a transcription that accentuates the Ah, of MeAh more, I'm not a linguist so I don't know how to describe it but I guess the above is a more blended vowel sound of the Me and Ah essentially making it one syllable. Whereas มีอา would accentuate each vowel sound making two syllables. This spelling of Me and Ah would give you "I have an uncle." Actually with the Me part we could go a lot of fun ways. If your daughter is noisy and boisterous we could use มี่ (falling tone), or หมี (rising tone) for bear (the animal), หมี่ (low tone) rice noodle. Or again to avoid other meanings just use มี้ (high tone). Then for the อา part to avoid the meaning uncle or any others we could use อ๋า, which gives it a high tone, Thais love to end English names on a high tone anyway. So if she is noisy sometimes how about:

มี่อ๋า

Now for Lucie mangotodo's suggestion is fine: ลูสี. ลู doesn't carry a meaning and สี is color. Lucy is usually written in Thai as ลูซี่ (as in Lucy of the chronicles of Narnia or Lucy Liu)

After all those many (probably too many) words, I would suggest either:

มี่อ๋า ลูซี่

or

เมี้ย ลูซี่

Browchay    0
:o You folks are the best, thank you very much for your time and suggestions! they're all very much appreciated !! :D

mel164    0

Hi - please please please can you tell me what this tattoo says / means? it may save laser surgery in the future!

pic attached.

thanks so much

Translate.doc

CSS    0
Hi - please please please can you tell me what this tattoo says / means? it may save laser surgery in the future!

pic attached.

thanks so much

Hi mel,

The first word is น้ำใจ namJai = Kindness

The second word is พ่อ paw = Father

mel164    0

pic attached.

thanks so much

Hi mel,

The first word is น้ำใจ namJai = Kindness

The second word is พ่อ paw = Father

Thats fantastic - thanks for your reply. off to the tattooist today, so very timely!

Cheers :o

kri5ty    0

still exploring words!

Anyone know how to spell Kristy (not kirsty)

Not sure if it can be translated

sorry guys, Would really appreciate if you could translate "ANDY" and Thanida.....

ThANk you so much!

andy

juju1171    0

Hi,

I'd like to get the words 'footsteps of life' in thai script vertically tattooed........ can anyone help? :o