Thailand Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sodawater

Airsoft /bb Guns In Bangkok

MrSnrang    0
What do you do with the BB guns?

On a number of occasions I have been tempted to buy one, but can never really think of a use for it other than to feel like Clint Eastwood for half an hour. I guess I could harass the pigeons that hang around the house but that’s not nice. What do you do with yours?

Shooting jin joks with a pistol. It improves target acquisition and gets rid of the pest problem.

sgunn65    102
Any idea near what soi that sliproad is, and does it travel away from town or toward? Any chance of an exact address? Thanks! Sounds good fun.

Sorry no idea but when you start coming out of Bangkok on the way to the airport you can't miss the big blue mosque on the right hand side. Leave the motorway there and just drive alongside the motorway for about 5 minutes and you will see the high netting fence (like a golf range) on the left hand side.

Outside the rush hours we can usually get there from Asoke in about 25-30 minutes.

simon43    5,928

Shooting jin joks with a pistol. It improves target acquisition and gets rid of the pest problem.

[\quote]

?? I think shooting jin joks will exacerbate your pest problem!

Simon

mongdex    0
Does anyone know where I can find a shop which sells BB/Airsoft guns in Bangkok?

Thanks in advance.

Seacon Square, the market area below the cinemas on the top floor.

Look for a shop called "Navy Blue", it's in one of the shops on the outer perimeter, just walk 'round the perimeter and you'll find it.

There is another shop too but I can't recall the name.

You will probably have to order the weapon you want, but they can usually get it within 1 or 2 days - they also have a choice of Japanese or Taiwanese manufactured models.

Patrick

Is there any other shop round bangkok, i must get an aeg airsoft machine gun

MrSnrang    0
Does anyone know where I can find a shop which sells BB/Airsoft guns in Bangkok?

Thanks in advance.

Seacon Square, the market area below the cinemas on the top floor.

Look for a shop called "Navy Blue", it's in one of the shops on the outer perimeter, just walk 'round the perimeter and you'll find it.

There is another shop too but I can't recall the name.

You will probably have to order the weapon you want, but they can usually get it within 1 or 2 days - they also have a choice of Japanese or Taiwanese manufactured models.

Patrick

Is there any other shop round bangkok, i must get an aeg airsoft machine gun

Go park your car at hua lomphong station and tell a taxi driver to take you to Klong Thom. All shops around Bangkok get their stock from there. Navy Blue in Seacon is owned by a shop owner in Klong Thom.

The Amorn Hobby Group has a shop in Future Park but they mostly sell outrageously-expensive modifications.

MrSnrang    0
Just out of interest, are there any legal issues with owning or possessing a BB gun or pistol in Thailand ?

Actual BB guns are illegal or have to be registered as firearms though i've used one from Laos several times at the shooting range in an army base out by Viphawadi with no questions.

As far as I know there is no legal restriction on airsoft guns as they're classified as sporting equipment. They just have to be completely disassembled when they're imported then assembled by a technician here.

Naam    11,441
Just out of interest, are there any legal issues with owning or possessing a BB gun or pistol in Thailand ?

Actual BB guns are illegal or have to be registered as firearms though i've used one from Laos several times at the shooting range in an army base out by Viphawadi with no questions.

As far as I know there is no legal restriction on airsoft guns as they're classified as sporting equipment. They just have to be completely disassembled when they're imported then assembled by a technician here.

what exactly is the difference?

dave_boo    1,199

what exactly is the difference?

Airsoft uses a hard plastic 6mm ball and doesn't always use compressed air to fire the projectile. Usually it is shot out at around 300 feet per second. Contrast that with BB guns which fire either a steel ball or a lead pellet that measures 4,5 mm. Depending on the pressure (BB guns can use either springs which results in less speed or air pressure), you can see anywhere between 200-600 Feet per second. There are also Air Rifles, which usually use 4,5 5,0 5,5 mm or larger lead pellets. These however are much stronger. You're talking about easily having the projectile leave the barrel at greater than 1000 Feet per second. These can be either pneumatic or spring operated. Another advantage is that they are rifled; greatly improving their accuracy.

Naam    11,441
Airsoft uses a hard plastic 6mm ball and doesn't always use compressed air to fire the projectile.

then how is the bullet propelled if not with a compressed gaseous medium? :o

dave_boo    1,199

Well, you have either springers or you have AEG. The springers are mechanically operated pistons that force air through the barrell. AEGs are pretty much the same thing but use a battery to run a gearbox that does the piston operation for you.

MrSnrang    0
Well, you have either springers or you have AEG. The springers are mechanically operated pistons that force air through the barrell. AEGs are pretty much the same thing but use a battery to run a gearbox that does the piston operation for you.

Don't forget the HFC-134A powered guns that have a small gas reservoir usually in the magazine that loads into the chamber to propel the bullet.

They rarely shoot faster than 350 fps.

My AEG shoots at around 400 fps and most people thought that it was excessive.

dave_boo    1,199

Don't forget the HFC-134A powered guns that have a small gas reservoir usually in the magazine that loads into the chamber to propel the bullet.

They rarely shoot faster than 350 fps.

My AEG shoots at around 400 fps and most people thought that it was excessive.

I had already alluded to the hfcs in my original post to naam......but probably should have been more concise in describing them. Thanks for the help.

Naam    11,441

that means in all cases the propellant is nothing but compressed air (or CO²) whether stored in a tank or generated by a piston.

sgmrbean    0

Hi Guys, I am from singapore and I am looking for a gun call NERF Vulcan, pls refer to the link for more details. I wonder if anyone who is staying in bangkok now can help me confim if anywhere in bangkok sells it. I am buying abt 10 pcs each. Because we have a NERF Player group in sg. Hope guys in Bangkok can help...

Vulcan

Longshot

FireFly

Clips

Vulcan Refill