The Vulcan

Favourite Restaurant's

202 posts in this topic

I'm new to the area and wonder where you consider are good eating places?

So far I've enjoyed excellent Indian food at the Taj Mahal and I love the pizza's on the corner site in the town centre (soi leading to the Hilton)

Care to share your favourite places?

Must all be tourists I see in the restaurants then! :D

I have had holidays there and enjoyed both places you suggested. I found it hard to get authentic thai food (most places i went to held back on the spicy bits), but found a place called Bam Bam's down Poolsuk Rd near O'Neils Bar. Food is excellent and as a good sign a lot of the locals (expats and thais) eat there alot.

Also if you want to go a bit upmarket there is the Lets Sea which is about half way down the beach towards Koh Takiab. Had a dinner in the Chinese on the 17th floor at the Hilton which was very good.

Did not try places, but where they have the night markets there are supposed to be a lot of good places in and around that area.

Good bars I went to were O'Neils, Johnny Walkers, London Lounge, Monsoon Bar.

:o:D:D:D

try the place just over the railay lines on Soi 94, no rip off. Great food and cheap beer.

Good reasonably priced Thai (and some international) food:

Minifarm Kitchen on Soi 88 beside 7/11 just across the railroad tracks and turn right.

Sirin Hotel Restaurant (across the parking lot from McDonalds) downtown.

Kim's Kitchen along the railroad tracks (east side).

Tamarind Restaurant on a dirt road in Nongkae beside the railroad track (east side) just north of the flyover. (You have to walk across a little wooden bridge over a canal. The sign is only in Thai so this may be hard to find but it is worth the trouble).

Usa Mass in Khao Takiab just past the new white temple on the opposite side of the road.

Cool Relax near the bus station behind old Hua Hin shopping mall.

Mr. Burger on the north end (east side) of the road that runs in front of Pai Mai driving range.

Carts on Pala-U road where 7/11 and Family Mart are adjacent.

Carts on left side of Phetchkasem heading north, big collection of them around soi 54, hab hoy tod, ba mee bet, etc etc.

Small monee and aroi makmak.

BBQ joint in the forecourt of TMB bank on Phetchkasem just south of the market.

Well, thanks for the responses. That's plenty to explore.

I must say I haven't been in any of the recommendations (yet) so seems I've quite a schedule ahead of me.

Once again, thank you for sharing this information

If you like Mexican food you should give Baja Tacos near the end of the night market on the left. Had one of their burritos and it was really good. Plan to go back soon. The service was good and friendly and the food a treat.

If you like Mexican food you should give Baja Tacos near the end of the night market on the left. Had one of their burritos and it was really good. Plan to go back soon. The service was good and friendly and the food a treat.

I agree, and another good place for Mexican (especially tostadas, meaty nachos, sizzling fajitas, and the best margaritas in town), although much more upscale is the California Cantina across the street from the Sofitel.

when i was last in HuaHin, i only went to 2 hawkers. some days they were there, other days they were not. i never did ask what time they turn up, but normally when i rolled out of bed, they would of been there.

looking at my slightly not so detailed lonely planet book and scanning my near faded memory, i'm sure of street stall hawker is somewhere down Th Phunsuk on derelict land, oppisite a row of tourist resturants. as for the other one, its down soi selekem, where the soi stagers in all directions. its usally sitting there oppiste a message parlour.

one other one i know has no photo menu, only thai script. only ever eat there once. after that only when i'm hungry, the blasted thing has shut shop. thats on the corner of Th Naep Khehat & Th Chomsin

Good reasonably priced Thai (and some international) food:

Minifarm Kitchen on Soi 88 beside 7/11 just across the railroad tracks and turn right.

Sirin Hotel Restaurant (across the parking lot from McDonalds) downtown.

Kim's Kitchen along the railroad tracks (east side).

Tamarind Restaurant on a dirt road in Nongkae beside the railroad track (east side) just north of the flyover. (You have to walk across a little wooden bridge over a canal. The sign is only in Thai so this may be hard to find but it is worth the trouble).

Usa Mass in Khao Takiab just past the new white temple on the opposite side of the road.

Cool Relax near the bus station behind old Hua Hin shopping mall.

Mr. Burger on the north end (east side) of the road that runs in front of Pai Mai driving range.

Ah yes Mr. Burger, one of my favorites, also last time I was there limited seating across from the Hin Nam- at the original location.

Also there is Chuan Chom which is gulf side of the road north past VIP Condo, both Thai and Western food is good there

And then there is the really popular Issan food joint across from the first Army base heading north-Sepi Lee

I tried Buffalo Bills before which is out that way also, its sort of western style steakhouse

Cheers,

Biggest

Maybe a Mod could pin this thread and amend my mis-spelling of "Restaurants" - we could then add as we find good sites.

I had excellent Food in a Restaraunt i can't remember the name of, close to McD's on that small kind of complex there & it had an American Theme, on the Top level ??

Ribs, Pulled Pork etc, superb.. :o

Great American BBQ.

Pricey and they add tax and service so bump up the menu price by about 15%.

Great American BBQ.

Pricey and they add tax and service so bump up the menu price by about 15%.

Thta's it, thanks..

& if they do bump up by 15%, so be it, i'm happy to pay it & it still seems cheap for me after being on Samui for 5 years.. :o