Jump to content
BANGKOK 19 November 2018 06:00
PattayaParent

Restaurants In Ban Chang / Rayong

Recommended Posts

On 10/4/2017 at 8:38 AM, Big Guns said:

In defence of Ruan Chomchan, I've been going there since the place opened in the previous location about 3 years and in general my meals have been excellent. My meals for 2 people generally average about 1400 Baht and the quality is at the top of what you get in Ban Chang. When they have made mistakes I've let the owner know and they have been rectified. I remember once I had asked them to save some of my curry and the chef accidentally threw it out and they cooked a whole new batch up for me to take home.

I also enjoy the place . Comment supplied to get our Eastern Thailand forum woken up. We are all so content. Nothing new guys??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Spacer said:

So where in Ban Chang has the best steak?

The Bella Vista at Payoon Beach always used to be good, but I haven't been there for a while. Zum Adler opposite the entrance to Eastern Star offers a Chateaubriand at 1200Baht for 2 people. I haven't tried it yet (waiting for a suitable occasion to treat the missis), but the rest of their food is pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to the Bella Vista recently and the quality seemed to have dropped since I last went when it was at its previous location. The burgers at Boardwalk are good but I haven't tried the steak. The Lord Nelson seems popular but again haven't tried the steak. Other options include the Camel and Hana.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^Tbh, if it's a decent imported steak that you're after, Banchang doesn't really cut the mustard. I'd rather hop in the car and go to either California Steak (Kameo, Rayong), or head in the other direction to Jomtien (Bruno's, News Steak, etc).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ribeye at Finnegan's was good.

 

i didn't like how they served it on top of the fries smothered in sauce. Fries ended up all soggy.

 

And they have Guinness on tap which is a must for an Irish pub.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Spacer said:

And they have Guinness on tap which is a must for an Irish pub.

And it'll be even better when they've taught the girlies how to pour it properly...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The little Italian steak and pizza place opposite situmvee Park does a fantastic fillet steak with mushroom sauce for 240 baht.
Maybe not the best but a great little treat.


Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ban Chang Expat Mart on the bypass road has good Rib eye, Sirloin and T Bone, take home and cook yourself!!

Edited by LennyW
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don Jai Pizza (opp Sinthavee Park) will be re-locating to Klaeng in April. (End of lease I think. Looks like the entire area is being re-developed).

 

The little guy will miss his Tuna Pizzas....Hopefully Stewy and Finnegans will step up to the plate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've tried the buffet shabu shabu and sushi at the venue which used to house the clock bar. I've been there a couple of times, the foods been great and I've always been virtually too full to walk by the time I've left. Its 299 Baht per head which I feel is a bargain. There's a new small place offering barbecued pork, chicken and beef at 10 baht per stick. The chilli version is great but is super hot. Its located on the opposite side of the road to the over 50's club and they also have a hydroponics lettuce place there. The other place I tried recently is the new Korean restaurant which is in the place that has a gym, steam room, massage and sauna. This is located heading away from the over 50's nightclub towards the traffic lights. The food was really good quality and very tasty.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is another new Shabu place opening in the next few days, Dino Shabu, next to the Ban Chang Expat Mart shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Big Guns said:

I've tried the buffet shabu shabu and sushi at the venue which used to house the clock bar. I've been there a couple of times, the foods been great and I've always been virtually too full to walk by the time I've left. Its 299 Baht per head which I feel is a bargain. There's a new small place offering barbecued pork, chicken and beef at 10 baht per stick. The chilli version is great but is super hot. Its located on the opposite side of the road to the over 50's club and they also have a hydroponics lettuce place there. The other place I tried recently is the new Korean restaurant which is in the place that has a gym, steam room, massage and sauna. This is located heading away from the over 50's nightclub towards the traffic lights. The food was really good quality and very tasty.

Is the over 50's place in vicinity of old Clock bar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Is the over 50's place in vicinity of old Clock bar?

No, and it's not over 50's, it is called 55 Nite club. It is on the bypass road between Payoon and Phala roads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LennyW said:

No, and it's not over 50's, it is called 55 Nite club. It is on the bypass road between Payoon and Phala roads.

Thanks, wanted to see how much the gym and steam room was costing that was talked about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sponsors
×