Thailand Forum
PattayaParent

Restaurants In Ban Chang / Rayong

moo9    3

In Rayong right at the beach where the Kantary Bay is located there is a nice Swiss Restaurant. When you are heading from the Sukhumvit to the Kantary Bay, not turn right at the T intersection but left. Then you'll find it after maybe 500 m on the left side. Sorry I forgot the name (Something like Seefa Restaurant, not sure).

Otherwise the Offshore Bar at Ban Chang is nice, and opposite to the opinion of one of the writers here, I find the Pizza aroy!

Sorry but I can't eat those delivered Pizza xyz anymore.....;-)

Richb2004v2    15
Good call on Baan Bai Boon PP. Took friends there last night and had some really good food, definatly start using it more often.

We went there this afternoon for a meal. Other than the fact that they couldn't do two of the dishs we asked for the food we very good. We were the only ones there so the service was of course very good too. Meal of three dishs, rice and a beer for 550 Baht. Recommended.

suiging    58
Good call on Baan Bai Boon PP. Took friends there last night and had some really good food, definatly start using it more often.

We went there this afternoon for a meal. Other than the fact that they couldn't do two of the dishs we asked for the food we very good. We were the only ones there so the service was of course very good too. Meal of three dishs, rice and a beer for 550 Baht. Recommended.

Often happens. The Momma insists on fresh food. If she doesn't have the right stuff, smiles and apologies all round. However extensive ( probably over extensive ) menu so never a problem. Did you check out their magnificent Thai Ridge-back dog ? Scary beast.

kmart    0

Went to the No.43 Bistro in Rayong recently. Not been there for a while, and was very impressed with the food and service. Will not wait so long next time.

PattayaParent    333
Often happens. The Momma insists on fresh food. If she doesn't have the right stuff, smiles and apologies all round. However extensive ( probably over extensive ) menu so never a problem. Did you check out their magnificent Thai Ridge-back dog ? Scary beast.

I saw they had some 'exotic' dishes on the menu but didn't notice the dog. How does it taste?

suiging    58

If you try and take a bite, I'll pay your bills there for a year !!! :o

But seriously folks, their peppered Ostrich is really worth the go, as is the cumin chicken.................lovely

Big Guns    183

I tried the Pizza House takeaway next to Tesco last night and wasn't really impressed. I think the best places for pizza in the Chang are the Offshore and the Camel.

My favourite places for Thai food are; Food garden (opposite the PTT and it has a huge tree), Chai talay (overlooking the beach near the Pala Beach Cliff hotel. Black Canyon and MK Suki at Tesco are nice for a change. The Purimas hotel can be excellent but the quality is a bit hit and miss as I've had the occasional dodgy meal.

Like a number of people have mentioned its a shame that the Beach House Barbecue closed down. I believe its for sale if any entrepreneurial TV member wants to re-open it :o

kmart    0

I tried the Black Canyon yesterday. Seems like their policy is that everything on the menu seems to be sickeningly over-sweetened. :o

Richb2004v2    15
If you try and take a bite, I'll pay your bills there for a year !!! :o

But seriously folks, their peppered Ostrich is really worth the go, as is the cumin chicken.................lovely

Thats what I had and I can second that. I actually wanted the deer but they didn't have any.

Papadave    0
Thought of another: Bistro 43 - this is an Italian restaurant located near PMY Resort opposite the beach in Rayong.

Bistro 43 is attached to / part of Kantary Bay.

Papadave    0
Seafood shacks along Maelampung. Best seafod outside of China town, in my opinion

I echo that, for fresh seafood only; the best one is a shop on the right hand side with a pink front, being one of several in a row, opposite a large car parking area. You'll find it attracts the most customers.

Papadave    0
by the way -just for a change i've had the schwarma ( Chicken or beef) form the little restaraunt on the left inside simthavee park-

pretty good at about 70 baht

makes a nice change- the place is run by a north african guy with thai gf-- egyptian/lybian/algerian-- not sure which so the taste is authentic!

The restaurant is called 'Tarphajun', his name is Majhadi (Lebanese/Palestinian?) and his Thai partner is Boo. Recommended, they offer a variety of continental and Thai cuisine including pizzas and kebab, may take you a while though to look through the menus! I spoke with him and he said that customer satisfaction was his #1 priority there, he pays his staff well and expects the best. Tell him that Egon Ronay 'David from Rayong' sent you :o .

Richb2004v2    15

We tried 'Bella Vista', near Phala beach in Ban Chang, the other night. We were very disappointed. The location was very good, having never been down there before, and it being right on the shore. Call me tight but we thought the prices were high. I wouldn't have minded this if it had been an exceptional experience. The food was ok but a little sickly for both our tastes. The steak was very good quality though. The thing that ruined it for us was the state of the beach that we were sat 20 feet from. It was absolutely covered in garbage. There was even four open bin bags of rubbish by the side. I have come to expect this from a Thai run establishment but expect better from a Ferang place, especially when I'm paying higher than normal prices. For a lot less we could have eaten better in a better environment in a few other places in Ban Chang. We certainly won't be going back.