jietjon

Glasgow Celtic

2,496 posts in this topic

Even if I'm a Norwegian I'm not impressed by Rosenborg these days. 10-15 years ago they were up there and qualified for CL almost every year. They are only living on the memories now, should be an easy game for Celtic if they are well prepared.

They certainly had to work to  beat Dundalk who are a long way short of their form of last season. 

Looks like Izzy is away to Middle East and a few quid in the bank for Celtic. Not sure what happened, I was under the impression that his contract ran out at the end of the season. So maybe he got another year and was then sold on. If so, a clever piece of business. With him gone, and Gamboa out for a few months, we need a quality full back to be brought in. With Boyata also out long term, Lustig may find himself having to go center half at some point over the next few months. In fact, if he was to pick up an injury, we would be in sticky position.

Griffiths continues to piss me off with his childish antics-latest has earned him a 1 game ban, guy needs to grow up.

Behavior of a section of fans is damaging clubs reputation, these political statements have no place in our stadium and has been going on for a few years now. What are these guys thinking of? What are they trying to achieve? BR having to face questions after the game about this nonsense that he has no control over is not nice. Not sure what Celtic can do but something needs to be done.

Also koped a fine for 5 bookings, some of which may come back to haunt us over the next few weeks.

Looks like Armstrong is holding out for a bumper contract. OK, so he had a good 9 months, I like him as a player, got goals in his locker but if he thinks that 9 months warrants a bumper contract, then it might be best to move him on. As one paper said recently, he needs Celtic more than Celtic need him. This time last season, he was a nobody struggling for game time. I do think that another season at Celtic would be best for his development and stand him in good stead to then move to England. Either way a decision needs to be made quickly.

Next up is Rosenberg, apparently going well in Norwegian league, but made heavy work of Dundalk  so nothing to fear but will be a step up. Sinclair looks to be firing on all cylinders and is our most important player, not sure about Forrest, may be better as an impact sub. Team has a settled look about it for so early in the season.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, hackjam said:

Next up is Rosenberg

Rosenborg  :coffee1:

1 person likes this

Griffiths is an annoying little git with an attitude problem. Fine when he concentrates of football but far too immature at times. I hope Brendan kicks his ass on a regular basis when he acts like an overgrown schoolboy.

The IRA banner was a disgrace. If Celtic were forced to close the green brigade section for a game or two that might instill some sense into those stupid neanderthal morons who thought this was an apt display at a football match.

On the footballing side it does look as if Armstrong could be on the way out. With Paddy unlikely to return that would be a huge hole in our unbeaten domestic side of last season. Hopefully the new guy from Genoa will be as good as is suggested and Rogic has an injury free season. However we do have a good bit of cover in this area. The busy McGregor will feature and we have yet to see  Emboue is it with any decent game time. We are indeed on thin ice defensively and hopefully we can avoid any more serious injuries there.

There is a touch of McGeady in Forrest. Promises much but doesn't deliver all that often.Hayes speedy but unproven on big stage. Dembele looks a bit rusty after his lay off and thank heavens for Sinclair.

All told we SHOULD have enough to get over the side from Norway but you never know. 

1 person likes this