jietjon

Glasgow Celtic

2,444 posts in this topic

^cheers for your reply.

Roberts is definitely talented as Clichy learnt but whether he has enough to become a big player or not time will tell but he has loads of potential. 

Boyota when he broke through he looked like he had it all then quickly lost confidence. There's a very decent player in him though and at 1M a bargain. 

2 points dropped but no big deal, bit of a hangover result. 5 changes meant BR found out more about squad. Kouassi looks the part and hope he gets a decent run and remember, he is only 19. The performance was more important than the result.

I actually thought we played well up to the goal and when they equalized, then the game opened up which normally suites us but it never happened. PT were well organized worked hard, we just could not brake them down. Eric the Dane continues to look unsure but Joso was outstanding. Great to see Aussie Tom back, good to rest Brown, maybe Kouassi can be long term replacement.

Not on tv here just saw the goals. Brendan looking ahead to the semi and aiming to have the best starting eleven in the best nick. Celtic news now gave the lowest rating on the side to Biton. With Rogic back hopefully Biton will rarely feature. Eric the Dane appears to have been culpable for Thistle goal. He has been expressing his frustration to the Danish Press but he now looks well behind the other 2 centre backs. 

Thistle played well well and well worth their point it would seem. 

I picked the wrong date to bet on Celtic to win .  Oh well , maybe next time. 

Brendan  Rodgers has signed a new 4 year deal with Celtic. Up to now he was on a year long rolling contract. Neil McCann will be disappointed.

Great news indeed. 

Just need a few players to follow now.

Lots of transfer speculation-Erik to England-Leicester? Izzy to Costa Rican side, Dembele to Liverpool now-guess he will always be linked to a top six side.

Erik has been poor for the past few months, was poor against Rangers and PT a few days ago. He is an honest type defender but not the ball playing type center half-the type who can carry the ball out of defense, just seems that more is now expected of a center half at Celtic, playing the BR way. Not sure how much we should expect if he goes-5m???

There are many schools of thought on MD-some think cash in now, more want another season. I would like to see him stay another season, which would allow time to bring in and blood a replacement, as opposed to a stop gap/panic type replacement. I do hope LG can get fit and hope he has a big future at Celtic, on his day, guy is awesome.

Izzy looks like his time is up-a good piece of business would be a quality versatile defender who could cover at left back if needed.

Uproar in Dingwall as Ross County equalised from a penalty which was awarded in injury time when there was clearly no contact whatever. A shocking decision from the referee and linesman who should have also seen the incident. Shades of the " honest mistake" against ICT in the cup semi a few seasons ago. Still time for another display of monumental stupidity from Brown when he dived in with a reckless tackle which was dangerously late and was sent off. I see Celtic are going to appeal and he may be available for next week. But you have to wonder are we better off without this loose cannon.

Up until hell broke loose Celtic lead 2-1 through a cracker from Tierney in the first half. A excellent equalizer from County early in the 2nd half and Roberts with a well taken individual strike restored our lead. So another 2 points dropped thanks to a disgraceful decision by the officials but hardly a tragedy in the scheme of things.

Next up the semi final. I anticipate a difficult game with or without Brown. A return to scoring form from Dembele/Griffiths would be very welcome.

1 person likes this

Brown free to face Rangers on Sunday, the Ross County player, whatever his name is, only gets 2 game ban. Got to be the most blatant dive I have seen in a long time. Why did the linesman not call over the Ref and tell him what he saw.

Brown would be my first name on team sheet when playing Rangers-and Craig Gordon second. Without Brown, Rangers would take liberties-get on the ball, take time to pick out a pass. With enforcer Brown on the park, there is no way they will dwell on the ball. I bet Lennon was first name on O'Neill's team sheet when going into battle against Rangers. What a lift they would get if they knew Brown was out. Horses for courses. He should have screwed the nut after penalty, so stupid to loose it when the game was done and dusted.  Saying that, if that tackle had happened in the first half, he would have got a yellow.

I reckon that injustice in Dingwall will spur us on to victory on Sunday.

Anyone of you guys knows what happened to Ajer , the young Norwegian talent ? He's on loan I think ? Just curious . 

He is at Kilmarnock-and getting good reviews. They are playing him center half.

1 person likes this

A comfortable semi final win today over The Rangers. A superb cushioned goal from the busy McGregor after Dembele controlled and set him up put us ahead at half time. The only concern was it was only 1-0 when we were well in control and they hardly laid a glove on us. Dembele injured had been replaced by Griffith. 

They made a few changes for the 2nd half and started more menacingly. But then we broke quickly and a terrific ball by Roberts put Griff away 

Totally outplayed and dominated them but lacked a final product far too often.

That tackle by Halliday in the first few minutes was worse than Browns last week.

Dembeles injury should present LG with enough opportunities to stake a final place, MD seems to be gone off the boil lately.

Delighted CMcG getting an old firm goal, will do him the world of good.

On this form, should give them a good pasting next week. 

COntinued.  Tavanier took him in the area and Sinclair netted the penalty off the inside of the post just beating Fodringham's attempt to save giving us a far more comfortable margin. While we had a few good efforts they had a few chances as well and Gordon had to make some good blocks from Miller in particular. With Roberts and McGregor replaced Celtic went to sleep and were under serious pressure with 10 minutes to go. The worry here was if they got 1 back it could be a very uncomfortable last few minutes. But happily we held firm and were comfortable at the end.

So on to the final where we will face our nearest challengers and it will require another assured performance.

COntinued.  Tavanier took him in the area and Sinclair netted the penalty off the inside of the post just beating Fodringham's attempt to save giving us a far more comfortable margin. While we had a few good efforts they had a few chances as well and Gordon had to make some good blocks from Miller in particular. With Roberts and McGregor replaced Celtic went to sleep and were under serious pressure with 10 minutes to go. The worry here was if they got 1 back it could be a very uncomfortable last few minutes. But happily we held firm and were comfortable at the end.

So on to the final where we will face our nearest challengers and it will require another assured performance.

Shocking "challenge" by Halliday. Very fortunate to get only a yellow.. Thankfully no harm to Roberts who was superb..

Rangers were pretty dire to be honest. Set up was wrong from the start. Why Halliday started is beyond me. Celtic by far the better team. No excuses.

We COntinued.  Tavanier took him in the area and Sinclair netted the penalty off the inside of the post just beating Fodringham's attempt to save giving us a far more comfortable margin. While we had a few good efforts they had a few chances as well and Gordon had to make some good blocks from Miller in particular. With Roberts and McGregor replaced Celtic went to sleep and were under serious pressure with 10 minutes to go. The worry here was if they got 1 back it could be a very uncomfortable last few minutes. But happily we held firm and were comfortable at the end.

Scott Brown appeal against red card successful. It was downgraded to a yellow leaving him free to play in Saturday's Glasgow Derby.  I hope he says thank you to Andy Halliday.

1 person likes this