Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KevinHunt

Copyright Police?

47 posts in this topic

maybe a solution, play your pirated music from an ipod hooked up to itrip, tune in your stereo to the itrip, keep ipod out of sight, i think the itrip or iparty is good for 30-50 feet for transmission wirelessly

or

if you play your music via your computer system, go to imeem or any of the music sites where they stream music free, and dont have any music stored in yr computer

They seem to be targeting ANY type of music and don't care if it is pirated.

Technically all music played in bars and restaurants is subject to royalty fees paid through the few music associations. Ascap is one. I don't know any of the Thai associations. I have never agreed with the policy as playing music in bars and restaurants is promoting the music that is being played. Even live music covers are subject to licensing fees not by the band playing the music but by the owner of the establishment.

The way around it when playing foreign music is to play the satellite DMX. All their music is licensed already and you don't have to pay anything else for it.

If you have UBC, there is a music only button with 30 channels including the BBC. Would this be exempt from any royalty fee? I would imagine so. Certainly no 'evidence' on your computer.

They seem to be targeting ANY type of music and don't care if it is pirated.

sheese, what, even places where the music is background music for like say a spa, hairdresses, hotel, gym, bookshop? :)

have they been to yr place UG?

This bunch of bad eggs tried to screw me for a sh*t load of cash. vicious bully's. :)

they got nothing from me 0000000000000000 baht!

:D