Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nigbon

Football In Chiang Rai: Chiangrai United FC

311 posts in this topic

:welcomeani: back Limbo!

Indeed. welcome Home Limbo . Don't worry about being offtopic it seems 'par for the course' these days.

I was wondering where that Bar was, and now I know.

Also don't worry about English not being your first language, Its not mine either ;)

It was actually Sven who sent out the 'Call to Arms' for you. He's getting concerned that we are starting to use 'heated' words on here. And then there's the Football Too.

I would like to see photo's of both sides Cheerleaders in future, with or without Dave , along with the commentary.

Lets have some more appropriate Music :-

You might be interested to join the (free) Chiangrai United party at Dusit Island hotel on the 21st at 6.30pm.

The party will be the occasion to announce a new (renewed in fact) partnership which will help the team to reach the Thai Premier League.

Copy of invitation attached...

post-12654-019606300 1281525419_thumb.jp

The party will be the occasion to announce a new (renewed in fact) partnership which will help the team to reach the Thai Premier League.

Good to see the eagle fly again ... :)

Yes Jubby, Tchaikovsky knows how to shake that thing (at least acoustically), but what

would you say about our own Chiangrai United FC house musician?

Listen and shiver:

At your service,

Limbo :yohan:

You might be interested to join the (free) Chiangrai United party at Dusit Island hotel on the 21st at 6.30pm.

Oooohh 'free' and 'party', two of my favourite words! I just saw some pics on facebook that Miti posted (from the Christmas party I think) and was wondering when the next one will be, I want my pic taken with the orange girls and Lamborghini which, coincidentally, are another two of my favourite words.

Oooohh 'free' and 'party', two of my favourite words! I just saw some pics on facebook that Miti posted (from the Christmas party I think) and was wondering when the next one will be, I want my pic taken with the orange girls and Lamborghini which, coincidentally, are another two of my favourite words.

Did someone say Free Beer !? or was it my Imagination. Doppelbock ? :)

As for the Song Limbo, It was all 'Double Dutch' to me, but the Kids liked it. I'll have to take them to the match sometime, they'll need some shirts first though ;)

Anyway, Its kinda on a theme :-

The Lambo will be there too... together with some other "Chiangrai (near) Super Cars", such as Audi TT, BMW Z4, Nissan Fairlady, Posrche and more...

For those who are not able to go, there is always a way to be part of the party (also for free), through the website of Weah Radio, which will broadcast the event live (follow the Chiangrai United links).

Lannaman has looked out his orange shirt and will venture along to the Stadium to support Cra United for the first at 5pm this evening.

Lannaman has looked out his orange shirt and will venture along to the Stadium to support Cra United for the first at 5pm this evening.

Good on yer lannaman :D

Lannaman has looked out his orange shirt and will venture along to the Stadium

to support Cra United for the first at 5pm this evening.

Dear Lannaman, I have a free seat on the grand stand for you.

I will phone you half an hour before the match!

Come early please, because it might be full house again!

post-6305-067305800 1281858858_thumb.png versus post-6305-006928500 1281859331_thumb.jpg

Today at 17.00 Municipal Stadium Chiang Rai (Sanam Kila Klang)

Todays opponent will be Thai Honda, managed by coach Masami Taki and affiliated

with Japanese Honda FC. Its home base is the Anniversary Stadium in Bangkok.

The name of the sponsor I leave to your fantasy.

One of the starplayers of the team is Ghanese Nana Yaw Asamoah, who formerly played

for Asante Kotoko F.C. The two other foreigners are from Cameroon.

After several years in the Thai Premier League the club was relegated to the first

division in 2008.

At the moment, after 19 games, Thai Honda holds the sixth position with 29 points

and Chiangrai United is tenth with 24 points. Sriracha FC from Chonburi is still

in leading position with 43 points and Khonkaen and Air Force United are runners up

with 37 points each (the first three teams will be promoted to the Thai PL).

Thai Honda has lost its last two matches, where Chiangrai United under the management of its

new Brasilian coach has shown a promising upward trend during last weeks.

First we had the brilliant performance in the third round of the Thai Cup, where

last years runner-up and Thai Premier League team BEC Tero Sasana needed extra time

to take the points home.

Last week Chiangrai United held the nill away against Khonkaen. The match ended 0 - 0,

where we seven weeks ago at home lost 1 - 3 of the same team.

Don't ask me why, but I think it is going to be a great game.

Chiangrai United has a fantastic supporters group, here in Chiang Rai, but also

in Bangkok area where almost half of the other teams have their home grounds.

They have united themselves in Kwang Krung. They are the twelfth player in the field!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . post-6305-034616700 1281858920_thumb.jpg

. . . . . . . . . . . Chiangrai United susu, susu, susu!

Reason for editing:

I forgot to mention that it was Khun Paya Uynrongosgong who made

the excellent photo of the Kwang Krung supportersgroup.

. . . . . Chiangrai United FC vs Thai Honda FC 4 - 1

It sounds like kicking in an open door, but a won match sometimes seems to

come close to an extorted present from above. And especially when the win was

dearly needed and on top of that was delivered in a spectaculair and splendid way.

All these components for a great football experience were met last Sunday.

The crowd was enormeous. Certainly not less than 5000 people wittnessed the spectacle.

It included foreign prominence like Lannaman, Captain Dave of the Foreign Legion (the

football team of Chiangrai foreigners), Bryan, Rob, those who prefer to be anonimous

and many, many others.

The nice thing is that people can see the match for free again if they choose to do

so and this from behind the fences. The other option is to request a membership card

of Weah radio (a project under the umbrella of the Chao Phya Abhai Raja Foundation)

that gives free entry to the northern stand.

Certainly about 4 to 5 hundred people, mostly youngsters, chose for this option.

Believe me when I say that their engagement and enthousiasm is certainly not less

than that of those spending 120 Baht for a comfortable chair on the grand stand.

For many it was a shock to see Adu sneaking around in his 'civil outfit' before the

match and not seeing him entering the field. It was one yellow card too much that

prevented him from doing so.

He contributed strongly to the draw against Khonkaen and paid his price.

Thanks Adu for doing so on behalf of all of us!

But what a surprise it was to see a number 23 with the name Gilson on his back!

Just today, at the (Australian/English/American and Dutch of course) Kangaroos expat pub,

Mister Dee informed me about the fame the name Gilson built up in Brasil during the time

Pele was getting the headlines.

Gilson is a player we won't forget! He is tall, technically sharp on the square meter, and

with his lenght he is in the center when corners are taken, if at our side or the other.

His headers bring peace and relief at our side of the field and are extremely treatening

for our opponents when it's our turn to launch the leather from the corner.

He is a superb defender, who like his fellow country man Edvaldo excels in these subtile

shoves that by their precision always, seemingly magically, put the ball where it should be.

Not always spectaculair, but surgically precise and extremely effective.

Very sad said to see him being carried of the field on a stretcher after Asamoha of Honda FC

had sliced the skin of his forehead. And this only twenty seconds before the match ended ...

What a nasty injury for a player specialized in headers!

He was extremely emotional when he was carried into the catacombes where he had to wait for

the ambulance to take him for further treatment to the hospital. Very sad for Gilson himself,

for Chiangrai United and for all of us. May he be back soon!

Concerning the match I must say that our first goal after 11 minutes brought relief and confidence.

In Bangkok away we won of Thai Honda FC by 0 - 1, but this day after our second match this monumental

4 - 1 was shining on the score board.

After these 11 minutes we were one goal ahead, but we had to wait until the fifteenth minute in the second

half for the second. Ten minutes later the third had to be put on the score board, a brilliant goal

of Brasilian striker Edvaldo.

With only 15 minutes to go Filipe (two years ago still playing in the national youth team of Brasil)

made his debut on the Chiangrai playground. With him came Manit and Anon, the players that newly changed

their Police United shirt for the orange one of our Chiangrai team. Fifteen minutes are not much, but

enough to give a signal and they did. Especially Manit impressed with his insight and his ability to

broaden the game. Also Japanese Keisuke Agawe, in the base, showed that he deserves our confidence.

A misunderstanding in our defence brought a striker alone in front of our excellent goalie. He was blocked,

but in the rebound another player of Thai Honda FC only needed a soft broom to push the leather over the chalk

line connecting the posts.

One time more the ball was shot into the net of Honda and the party could start!

Summarizing: Splendid football, great show and it is great to see that more and more foreigners know how

to find the way to the stadium.

Interesting also was to see Taiwid Klaitin, former player of the national team of Thailand and Chiangrai FC

coach, sitting next to me doing the analyses on his sheets. 'What are you doing here?' I asked him and I was

rewarded with his broad and sympathic smile. Also he contributes with his expertise and experience to the

successes of Chiangrai United FC.

Our coach along the line, seldom in the dug-out . .post-6305-021791400 1282049866_thumb.jpg

Important: the match against Chula United FC, that was supposed to be played this Wednesday,

is postponed until September. The rains have been quite disastrous to the field.

Next match will be coming Sunday against RBAC.

A few hundred meters north of Den Ha on the old Chiangmai road the second Chiangrai United fanclub

pub/restaurant/coffeeshop opened its doors:

. . . . . . . . . . . post-6305-002854800 1282050381_thumb.jpg

Important! Please notice that the game starts at 6 PM coming Sunday!

Chiangrai United FC vs RBAC Mittraphap FC

We played this year already against RBAC (away) and lost 2 - 1.

Chiangrai United is now in tenth position with 27 points and

RBAC Mittraphap FC is fourteenth with 18 points and

has played one game more.

RBAC has lost it last three games and Chiangrai United produced

two wins and one draw.

Last year the former Ratana Bundit FC ended in 8th position in

the first division.

Last Wednesday, three days ago thus, Suvarnabhumi Customs had to work

hard to keep the full three points at home against RBAC (4 - 3).

It will certainly not be an easy game!

Air Force United that is holding that fiercely desirable third position

that will open the door to the Thai Premier League is free coming weekend.

After the game (if ...) with then nine games to go the difference could

be down to 7 points. Unfortunately there are some other teams in the race

for that third position as well. Suvarnabhumi Customs is one of the rising

stars and is four points ahead of us.

. . . . . . . . . . post-6305-026149600 1282273602_thumb.jpg

Let's hope that the injury of Brasilian Gilson isn't as bad as it looked

when he was carried of the field. He was bleeding heavily.

Who certainly will be back on the pitch is Ghaness Adu Gyamfi, our ballmagician.

He is normally the try-your-strength machine taking the heat:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . post-6305-018480100 1282273749_thumb.jpg

Last Saturday Chiangrai United's and Weahradio's great fund-raising coctail party took

place at the Dusit Island. Not less than a respectable 3,800,000 was raised (see next posting).

Our Brasilian defender Gilson showed up with a plaster on his forehead. He hoped he would be

able to play yesterday against RBAC Mittraphap and fortunately he actually could.

He is a player with great insight, always being at the right spot and at the right moment as well.

Combine this with his outstanding technical faculties, his physical length and his gifted ability

to use his head, aside from for thinking, also for sending the ball exactly there where it is

wanted and you know how important he is for our defence.

On the picture we see him with his fellow countryman Filipe, the unsurpassable Adu Gyamfi

from Ghana and Keisuke Ogawa from the land of the rising sun:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . post-6305-003933700 1282530430_thumb.jpg

Chiangrai United FC versus RBAC Mittraphap FC : 2 - 0 !

Though ninety percent of the crowd comes in time, the rest has the habit to arrive within the first

quarter after kick-off. 'Soom nam na', but they missed the first goal as Chiang Rai striker Wasan

went under the grass already in the first attack from kick-off and on top of it this happened

in the eleven meter area. The same Wasan (shirt number 40) didn't make a mistake and the leather

went straight from the spot into the net. Thus: 1 - 0 before one of the Bangkokians even had the

chance to touch the ball.

A situation comparable to the first minutes of the final of the worldchampionship in 1974,

Germany vs Holland, when Johan Cruyff was plowed into the grass by Uli Hoeness and

Johan Neeskens had the honour to put the ball behind Sepp Maier. The first time the

ball was touched by a German player was when gaoly Sepp plucked the ball from the net

and returned it to the centre spot.

Twenty minutes later Chiangrai United gots its first corner. The two tall Brasilians, striker

Edvaldo and defender Gilson chose position and yes, Edvaldo took the leather on his head and

placed it unfailingly in the box: 2 - 0.

Chiangrai United created more chances in the rest of the game than RBAC and came several

times close to the third goal, but it wasn't written in the stars, so 2 - 0 was the final result.

RBAC harvested three times yellow, CRUTD kept controle.

Adu was brought in for the last 25 minutes. He is a magician at the ball. Every time he gets it

he not only causes danger, but brings the crowd in ecstasy with the pure beauty in his way to

handle the ball. And at the same time his opponents in despair with it...

Nine games to go, with seven points to make up for promotion to the Premier league ...

. . . . . . . Chiangrai United Susu, Susu, Susu!

Just before the kick-off many spectators were still sitting in their cars on

the way to the stadium (others already under their umbrellas on the open stand).

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . post-6305-069971000 1282537111_thumb.jpg

Tip: if you are late and coming from town take the super highway to the last

traffic light before the Maekok bridge, take to the right, go straight on and

you will enter the stadium, park at that side of it and walk along the fittness

building towards the field.

There are a few farangs coming up from Chaing Mai on the 11th of September for the Chiang Rai Vs Chiang Mai game on the 12th, any one up for a ruck...lol :fight: , Just a few beers before the game with a some Chiang rai supporters would be good. Plus any recommendations for the night before nightlife. Cheers. Up The Tigers!!!!

There are a few farangs coming up from Chaing Mai on the 11th of September for the Chiang Rai Vs Chiang Mai game on the 12th, any one up for a ruck...lol :fight: , Just a few beers before the game with a some Chiang rai supporters would be good. Plus any recommendations for the night before nightlife. Cheers. Up The Tigers!!!!

Plenty of time yet, we'll have to organise something if Limbo doesn't first.

Rotherham , where the Hells that ....... I've heard of Rotterdam :rolleyes:

Plenty of time yet, we'll have to organise something if Limbo doesn't first.

Hey Jubby weve spoken before lol Up the Millers!!!

Crikey Mr Miller, you didn't tell me that i would have to get me hairshaved off and dig out my bov ver boots...............perhaps at my age i will stick to me long locks and flip flops :D .

Thanks Jubby!

Yes, Rotterdam has, like Chiang Rai, two big clubs, Feyenoord and Sparta.

Last season Feyenoord ended forth in the Dutch Premier League and Sparta

relegated to the first (Jupiler) division.

Feyenoord is not only known for its football, but also for the dedication,

endurance, faithfullness and overwhelming power of its supporters legion:

Where Ajax gained worldfame with its youth-academy (about half of the

players are of its own breed), Feyenoord cultivated its fanpower.

The 'hand-in-hand-camerades' are admired far over our borders, they are

respected and feared. Nobody will be so foolish to cross their path!

The secret lays in starting early with molding the character and sleight-of-hand.

On the picture we see one of the students (anuban level).

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . post-6305-000185700 1282704511_thumb.jpg

See his facial expression, see the brilliance in his finger move.

This is going to be a big one! Soon he will be ready to enter the

masterclasses.

To the Prajak, the Chiangmai Tigers:

The Big Nose Scorpions (BNS) are awaiting you! Let's have some pints before

the happening and then take the battle to the stands... Aussie rules! Be warned!

I thought CR Utd got promoted last year to the premier league, what are we doing playing the likes of CM again?!

I thought CR Utd got promoted last year to the premier league, what are we doing playing the likes of CM again?!

My dear Skybluestu,

Chiangrai United was founded in 2009 as a private initiative of Chiang Rai citizens and

became champion of the 2009 Northern Region Second Division: 54 points out of

20 games (and no game lost).

In the after-competition among the champions of the five geographic regions of the Second Division

Chiangrai United ended in second position and was promoted to the First Division of the TPL,

in which it is playing now. It is now the only club north of Phichit that plays at the top.

Chiangmai United, playing in the same league last year, ended in 9th position (last but two)

with 16 points out of 20 games (and 12 games lost). It therefore still plays in the 2nd Division.

Of course the people of Chiangmai were very disappointed, that they, inhabitants of the

'Pearl of the North', where everything is bigger, better and so on (hamburgers, pizza's

and mouthes), weren't able to get a football team together that could match Chiangrai United.

In 2009 Chiangmai United lost at home by 0 - 3 and here in Chiang Rai by 2 - 0.

It's clear that Chiangmai was at least one size too little for the champions team of Chiangrai.

At the same time, in Buriram, a banned politician listening to the name of Newin Chidsob and

extremely powerfull (big man behind Bumjajthai and thus behind the present government) had

found a way to get his Buriram team promoted to the Premier League without too many difficulties:

He went shopping in Ayutthaya, bought the Premier League club PEA (Provincial Electricity Authority)

and moved it to his home town. From now on it was called PEA Buriram.

It was drama: The Ayutthaya fans of PEA burned their PEA jerseys and flags.

The formula seemed to inspire Chiangmai and for a while it looked as if they were going to take

a shortcut to the First Division by merging with Ratana Bundit FC (of which Chiangrai United won

2-0 last Sunday).

The new club would go under the name Chang Chiangmai RBAC FC.

When Mittraphap came in as sponsor for RBAC it was left to the Tigers again to defend the honours

of the 'Pearl of the North' once more.

The 'best and biggest' had to make a step back again. But they are doing extremely well.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jokes aside, Chiangmai United is a great team.

It helped when coach Pon and his friend the superb goaly Pansa Meesatam (24 caps national

team of Thailand), moved September last year from Chiangrai United to Chiangmai United.

They are old friends since they played together in the National Team. Pansa is from the North,

more precisely from Lampang. Excellent duo!

. . . . . post-6305-051689400 1282732661_thumb.jpg . . . . .post-6305-081651500 1282732826_thumb.jpg

Please my dear Skybluestu, don't mix up between our great Chiangrai United FC and

Chiang Rai FC again. It is Chiang Rai FC that will have the honor to meet Chiangmai United.

They were founded this year, probably under the motto:

'Selfish and greedy Chiangrai politicians and civil servants against a succesfull

initiative of Chiangrai citizens'.

The sympathetic FC Thoeng was slaughtered for this discutable political move.

It was renamed Chiang Rai FC and stopped regretfully to exist. See earlier postings like:

Anyhow, it will be great to meet the Chiangmai United supporters.

Welcome gentlemen! And count on our hospitality!

Cheers for the welcome Limbo and also the history lesson, looking forward to coming to Chaing rai for the game and meeting up for a few beers. Just one thing though, its Chiang Mai FC now not Chiang Mai Utd FC, they dropped the United bit. See ya in a few weeks.