BANGKOK 14 November 2018 07:24
Sign in to follow this  
spaceshipcrew

Why When In Mc Donalds I Ask For 'salt And Mayonaise' They Only Hear 'salt' ?

...If a company advertises or a restaurant has it's menu in the English language, then it is a reasonable assumption that they are capable of conducting their business using the English language.

I thought it meant that you could read it, understand what they offer and then either point to it or tell them the number (which they usually understand).

Hence my regular order of "number 4, upsize, eat here, no ice". :D

(Actually, the "no ice" sometimes has to be repeated as "mai sai nam keng khrap" if I spot her filling a glass with ice. :))

:D Dude, You've been here far too long. You need to go home for a few weeks...Guaranteed you'd say the same thing in your local Western maccy dees! and they'd be like "yeah, what, er yeah right(while thinking (another f*cking immigrant in my own country!!) :D

No ice - guaranteed this will get you ice everytime.

Mai sai nam keng khrap - at will give you a 50% chance

Some of us never came here for Thai food. And some Thai food is crappy; so is some Western food. To each their own.

I am with PB.

I didn't go to Thailand for the food. Infact the only Thai food I like is Thai food that has been prepared at my own instruction.

For example, If I want Tom Kha Gai, I want chicken meat not gristle.

If I want Tom Yam Goong, I want the meat from the prawn, I really do not want the <deleted> head.

I won't eat anything that is served up with the dam_n chickens feet in it either. yuck.

Before anyone says, "If you don't like it, leave" I must add that I DID :)

Some of us never came here for Thai food. And some Thai food is crappy; so is some Western food. To each their own.

I am with PB.

I didn't go to Thailand for the food. Infact the only Thai food I like is Thai food that has been prepared at my own instruction.

If I want Tom Yam Goong, I want the meat from the prawn, I really do not want the <deleted> head.

I won't eat anything that is served up with the dam_n chickens feet in it either. yuck.

You don't like the chinese delicacy of chicken feet?

I am an omnivore, kidneys, chicken livers, ducks' tongues, tripe, brains, sausages, aussie meat pies at the footy (the two g's are the main ingredients - gravy and gristle!), prawns including the head, crayfish including the "mustard" = all good!

Ok here is nothing to do with their MAYO

Just tried their new McCafe.....

hmm...tasted like....a flavored water!!! :)

I thought they didn't have mayonaise in Thailand? Like UK only curry's and ketchup. Last time in the McThai i only found chili sauce and ketchup i believe.

The same with the TT&T callcenter when I -more times a week- call to complain about internet downtime. They really can't remember a simple 6 digit phone number you give them. Haven't they got really no lessons in human relations, learn how to deal with people ? Why they all have jobs they don't understand ?

The annoyed feeling I get here so often will make me leave this country soon, 8 years (Chiangmai, of all places) is enough ! If you see improvements it may be worth to give it a chance, but really it's seems getting worse and worse, they are not polite anymore, in restaurants they smash the food on your table, not keep the door open for the person behind them, jumping the que... etc etc, ignorance is the new enemy of this country.

I don't think that I would have waited 8 years if those things where too annoying for me.

This is Thailand, like it or leave it !

And I prefer to notice when I am impressed by some waiters or any people doing a great job, and it happens more and more it seems.

I am with PB.

You don't like the chinese delicacy of chicken feet?

I am an omnivore, kidneys, chicken livers, ducks' tongues, tripe, brains, sausages, aussie meat pies at the footy (the two g's are the main ingredients - gravy and gristle!), prawns including the head, crayfish including the "mustard" = all good!

Yeah, not big on the chicken feet. Can't get the image of the feet running around in chicken sh1t out of my mind so the delicacy is ruined for me.

My brother is a butcher in Aust and he will only eat a sausage that he has made himself. That kinda tells me something.

I gew up on kidney (lamb's fry), roo tail, goat most of which killed and skinned by myself and the good old meat pie (mystery bag) so I should really be ok, but I got poisoned in Korea and ended up in hospital for a week. Worst experience of my life (nearly the end of it too) so I have been a lot pickier with my food since then.

I thought it meant that you could read it, understand what they offer and then either point to it or tell them the number (which they usually understand).

Hence my regular order of "number 4, upsize, eat here, no ice". :D

(Actually, the "no ice" sometimes has to be repeated as "mai sai nam keng khrap" if I spot her filling a glass with ice. :))

:D Dude, You've been here far too long. You need to go home for a few weeks...Guaranteed you'd say the same thing in your local Western maccy dees! and they'd be like "yeah, what, er yeah right(while thinking (another f*cking immigrant in my own country!!) :D

No ice - guaranteed this will get you ice everytime.

Mai sai nam keng khrap - at will give you a 50% chance

:D You're right - I've been promising to visit home for quite a few years now. I think I will go home this year, though. Definitely.

Probably.

Possibly.

shrug.gif