Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLASBYCLAN

Pizza Rustica Is The Best Pizza In Chiang Mai!

147 posts in this topic

People getting older start to repeat the same thing again, and again, and again.....

:lol:

OK, i accept the challenge, if i don't make one of the best pizzas in Chiang mai, i'll start selling hotdogs!!! :lol: :lol: o ohhh.

I would propose that - in general - the best pizza that one is likely to get in Thailand would be along the lines of what ypu would find in a shopping mall in the US, rather than anything even close to Lombardi's in NYC or Pepe's in New Haven. :(

OK, i accept the challenge, if i don't make one of the best pizzas in Chiang mai, i'll start selling hotdogs!!! :lol: :lol: o ohhh.

I would propose that - in general - the best pizza that one is likely to get in Thailand would be along the lines of what ypu would find in a shopping mall in the US, rather than anything even close to Lombardi's in NYC or Pepe's in New Haven. :(

Are you the owner of Happy Pizza?

Hmmm, my girlfriend is the owner, i pay the bills :whistling: :whistling:

Are you the owner of Happy Pizza?

Hmmm, my girlfriend is the owner, i pay the bills :whistling: :whistling:

I once got myself stuck in a situation like that too.

People getting older start to repeat the same thing again, and again, and again.....

:lol:

Sorry, could you say that again, please ? :D

A few people I know fell for that line quite a while ago, but were very disappointed when they actually visited Pizza-n-Pasta. I would put it about on par with Paradise Pizza which is in the "OK for Thailand" category.

The Pizza Rusica shop smelled great, but was not much better than Paradise Pizza either.

UG, I have to call you on this one for two reasons, first for a man who very recently say he doesn't "badger" a business ....well you went and did exactly that ! The real kicker is you have never been there in your life, right? Your above post you imply you know something about pizza and pasta through others? May I ask who? You are blasting a place for no good reason ,you somehow feel the need yet you have never been there ! I have been there several times and in a few of my visits i taken others there.This is key info here.... Everybody has thanked me for turning them on to the best New York Style pizza in town and now eat there regularly . It is all in the crust and for a New York style pizza this place is it ,To compare it to paradie pizza is so.so far off ... I have eaten at paradise and for pizza by the slice it is o.k. but not even in the same league as pizza and pasta . I have eaten enough pizzas at the place you are # 1 cheerleader for too , it is fine too and much better than Pardise but sadly more than one time the pizza crust is saggy you try to pick up a piece and it all flops off. Since it is all in the crust and the New York style crust is exactly what the New York guy has got going at his Pasta and Pizza joint which by the way has an ac room too which is nice now. Far superior to any American pizza joint in CM. Italian pizzas to each their own any are very good at least o.k. but since it is all in the crust the Italian jobs have much trouble competing for the sytle crust i require to be happy..

In closing , we may forgive you in time for this very poor post above but meanwhile I urge you to acually visit Pasta and Pizza you will be very pleasantly surprised. also maybe even better for some, the best "FRESH MADE" lasagna in town , at 129baht it is a lost leader and unbelievable on his good days since the New York guy actually makes everrything. Try the sausage lasagna it is a true treat! The place is sometimes very busy and a guy who i showed the place to told me a few days ago that he has a pizza buffet going now, not sure when or how much ... i would order standard New York style crust,he has 4 kinds ,,,, I finally tried the thin new york and it is o.k. but the true new york crust is so good... hot out of the oven on his good days none better ! order the proper crust his regular New York style crust is the winner.

You gotta give the guy at P & P credit, works very hard,he really does try and he sticks to his guns, everybody gets their own followers and get better and more experienced as time goes by!

You gotta give the guy at P & P credit, works very hard,he really does try and he sticks to his guns, everybody gets their own followers and get better and more experienced as time goes by!

The Pasta and Pizza having the best New York style crust , hands down the tastiest American pizza in CM would now be more the standard ,the teacher if you will he has crested with the finest New york style American pizza . Being a pizza guy from New York he picked the crust part of the pizza equation quite well I would think state side . Again, the fresh made to order sausage lasagna is remarkable too ,

A few people I know fell for that line quite a while ago, but were very disappointed when they actually visited Pizza-n-Pasta. I would put it about on par with Paradise Pizza which is in the "OK for Thailand" category.

The Pizza Rusica shop smelled great, but was not much better than Paradise Pizza either.

UG, I have to call you on this one for two reasons, first for a man who very recently say he doesn't "badger" a business ....well you went and did exactly that ! The real kicker is you have never been there in your life, right? Your above post you imply you know something about pizza and pasta through others? May I ask who? You are blasting a place for no good reason ,you somehow feel the need yet you have never been there !

First of all, I have been there and the person that I was with hated the place and did a lot of complaining and he is a real pizza fan. That is who I was refering to in my post.

I thought it was just typical "Thailand pizza", but was certainly disappointed because of all the hype.

I said that it was "OK for Thailand" which is not blasting it, but giving an honest opinion (and giving others information that might save them from going way out of their way because someone on Thai Visa made grandiose claims). I did not say that it was bad, I just said that it was nothing great - like most pizza here.

To be fair, when he first opened, a lot of people say that it was really good, but they all (the ones that I know) changed their minds after going back later. Maybe he has returned to whatever he was doing in the beginning and it is better now, but please do not blame me for being somewhat skeptical after my last experience.

I would put it about on par with Paradise Pizza which is in the "OK for Thailand" category.

I see Rustica next to Panna has shut down? or has it moved?

as this thread was about Rustica - and it's not there any more - I was hoping someone, in between all the arguing, might say if it's closed for good or moved? one place it is not is at Punna!

BTW you may hate this but I love the Pizza Company pizzas they deliver and would rate them better than most (not all) I have had in restaurants here

but not as good as the one I had in Rome - but when in Rome etc.

I see Rustica next to Panna has shut down? or has it moved?

as this thread was about Rustica - and it's not there any more - I was hoping someone, in between all the arguing, might say if it's closed for good or moved? one place it is not is at Punna!

BTW you may hate this but I love the Pizza Company pizzas they deliver and would rate them better than most (not all) I have had in restaurants here

but not as good as the one I had in Rome - but when in Rome etc.

"I love the Pizza Company pizzas they deliver and would rate them better than most (not all) I have had in restaurants here "

Unfortunately that is true.

I agree. Pizza Company do not taste like pizzas back home, but they taste fairly good and that is not common here. :ermm:

Everyone has their own favorite. For me "Street pizza" kalare night bazaar works well with their home-made style. Go check it out!

They open from 6pm til 11pm. (serving without utensil).

Everyone has their own favorite. For me "Street pizza" kalare night bazaar works well with their home-made style. Go check it out!

Where exactly is this located? Inside / outside? I'm nearby Kalare most nights and have never spotted it.

Just up the road from the Manor, and I found them average to good, but I didn't get the thin crust one I ordered. Pleasant, but nothing to rave about. Sadly my favourite pizza place has closed :)

I agree with Maejo Man. I gave Rustica Pizza a try but found it to just be average.

By far, I prefer the Dukes pizza. I haven't found anything else that really compares. In addition to tasting the best, the price is right and the portions are great. Even the small is HUGE!

Pizza and Pasta is great pizza. The rest of the stuff on their menu is great.

The best compliment I can give to pizza and pasta is that it would survive and thrive in Boston, which has a very competitive fast food pizza market.

Where exactly is this located? Inside / outside? I'm nearby Kalare most nights and have never spotted it.

Inside next to the stage near kalare food center.

Welcome 198361 ! This thread sure is a ghost of pizzas past. Pizza Rustica is kaput these days (not to be confused with the bird).... and maybe this thread should be too.