BANGKOK 11 December 2018 22:41
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Phuket Immigration Chief Transferred

Phuket Immigration chief transferred

phuket-Col-Chanatpol-said-he-wanted-to-wish-a-warm-farewell-to-all-Phuket-Gazette-readers-before-leaving-on-February-13-File-photo-1-JGTqjVW.jpg

Col Chanatpol said he wanted to wish a warm farewell to all Phuket Gazette readers before leaving on February 13. File photo.

PHUKET TOWN: -- Phuket Immigration Superintendent Col Chanatpol Yongbunjerd is taking a transfer order to Immigration Headquarters in Bangkok in his stride, saying the new post will allow him to be near his family as he nears the civil service retirement age.

Col Chanatpol arrived in Phuket from Pattaya in late 2007.

Although initially perturbed about not having been given advance warning or the reasons behind the transfer, Col Chanatpol said he is now ready for the easier job as he is only eight months from retirement, and his new position will be less stressful. He will only have six staff working under him in Bangkok, compared to 30 here in Phuket.

The new job will have him working as a high-level liaison officer with foreign diplomatic staff, he said.

The transfer will also allow him to remain near his hospital in Bangkok, where he receives post-surgical treatment following bypass surgery, he said.

Col Chanatpol will leave Phuket on February 13.

His replacement will be Pol Col Phanuwat Ruamrak, with whom he will swap positions.

Other Immigration Police officers leaving Phuket under the transfer order include Deputy Superintendent Lt Col Chaiwut Junsomboon, who has been promoted to Superintendent of the Satun Immigration office.

He will be replaced by Lt Col Grissadakorn Klinkaset, currently an Inspector in Songkhla.

Also leaving the island will be Inspector Suparerk Pankosol, who will be promoted to Deputy Superintendent of the Alien Assistance Bureau in Bangkok.

Another familiar face at Phuket Immigration who will be leaving the island is that of Deputy Inspector Naphat Noosen, who for many years answered readers questions about visa-related issues in the Gazette’s Issues and Answers column.

He will now serve as Deputy Inspector at Immigration Police Region 6 headquarters in Songkhla.

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2010-02-02

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

was that breaking news, have l missed something, won't sleep tonight now. :)

Zzzzzzzz....Zzzzzzzzz....Zzzzzzz.......

Just for more interest.....does anyone have a good story of their immigration absurdities in Phuket??

Indeed fascinating - Station Chief and Deputy, plus two other senior ranks, all transferred out in one order ... coming immediately after the various tuk tuk assaults on tourists, the city hall bust in the red light district (that rounded up Burmese prostitutes amongst others), and a string of (deadly) serious crimes against resident and visiting foreigners.

I'm wondering how high the transfer orders initiated from, and under what pressure from where and whom?

The OP states Phuket Immigration is 30-strong, yet four seniors are transferred out at the same time - won't help a lot with management continuity, which may have been exactly the reason for it happening so suddenly, especially with the Gazette's liaison getting shunted too.

Think about it.

does anybody know this guy, or the others mentioned in the article? Is he being transferred because of complaints or does someone want his position? I guess there is nothing going on in the entire country that tops this news story. Thanks TV for this one. :)

Real big news, isn't it?

It is if a foreigner lives in Phuket. Immigration is already a huge mess & with the transfer of so many employees @ the Immigration Office, it can only get worse.

Can't U guys read anything between the lines? Phuket is the first place anywhere in Thailand I ever had to pay a Bribe to get something done on my passport, It was not very much, but it was a real eye opener, There was a special fee and no place to gain understanding of it, a long line of Ferang waiting to get this stamp and pay the special fee.

That this guy would be transferred and so close to his retirement, is a real indication that somebody somewhere is trying to do some clean up in a much needed area, about time too, Phuket has been an immigration mess for as long as I have been coming to Thailand.

Can't U guys read anything between the lines? Phuket is the first place anywhere in Thailand I ever had to pay a Bribe to get something done on my passport, It was not very much, but it was a real eye opener, There was a special fee and no place to gain understanding of it, a long line of Ferang waiting to get this stamp and pay the special fee.

That this guy would be transferred and so close to his retirement, is a real indication that somebody somewhere is trying to do some clean up in a much needed area, about time too, Phuket has been an immigration mess for as long as I have been coming to Thailand.

...it is only a reshuffle, not another crackdown yet, which would be the next step, or the coup d'état as a further step. But this has time to the end of February when the decision will be made, what to do with the confiscated money of Thaksin.

Indeed fascinating - Station Chief and Deputy, plus two other senior ranks, all transferred out in one order ... coming immediately after the various tuk tuk assaults on tourists, the city hall bust in the red light district (that rounded up Burmese prostitutes amongst others), and a string of (deadly) serious crimes against resident and visiting foreigners.

I'm wondering how high the transfer orders initiated from, and under what pressure from where and whom?

The OP states Phuket Immigration is 30-strong, yet four seniors are transferred out at the same time - won't help a lot with management continuity, which may have been exactly the reason for it happening so suddenly, especially with the Gazette's liaison getting shunted too.

Think about it.

Sir I think you have hit the nail on the head! Far to many senior management being moved 'side ways' in one go,they really have no idea, talk about putting ourself on the radar?

At last it is possible that international pressure is having some affect?