Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ThaiLife

Extending The Validity Of Your Dtac Sim Card

33 posts in this topic

I have been using the Dtac extend the validity of your SIM card option, for up to 365 days by doing this ...

Dial *1013, listen to the prompt and dial 9 for English

Follow the step by step procedure ( press 1 )

You will get an SMS confirming the new validity of your SIM card.

The cost was ...

2 Baht for 30 days

6 Baht for 90 days

12 Baht for 180 days (up to 365 Days).

Ive just tried this again and it seems not to be working , any one else been using this extend the validity of your SIM card option

and can you get it to work ?

Thanks

TL

1 person likes this

Did you get a new sim card/number or using the original one you used this extension with? If you have extended your previous number for 365 days then it's a rolling 365 days. I did mine a few years ago and whenever I top up the expiration changes to 1 year from that topup automatically. Never had to reactivate the extension. If you have an extension already it may not allow it to be increased as it is at max already.

Do you periodically check your expiration to see if moves when you top up.

Thanks Guy's , the problem I get is when dialing the *1013, number, now it seems to be about some thing totally different than the extension of the validity of your SIM card , may be ive got it wrong :)

Here is a topic on it > https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Happy-Dtac-R...ml#entry1289678

A simpler method of getting the extension without having to go through the 'press 1 for...' routine is the following:

2) apply via Express Mobile Service at *113* following with number of required usage date and then press #, and

apply via www.happy.co.th. The system will send SMS to confirm once a request is completed.

Example: *113*180# and you have a 180 day extension. I punched it in twice (365 days max) and now have service until this time next year

If that doesn't work then try contacting their main help line.

Here is a topic on it > https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Happy-Dtac-R...ml#entry1289678
A simpler method of getting the extension without having to go through the 'press 1 for...' routine is the following:

2) apply via Express Mobile Service at *113* following with number of required usage date and then press #, and

apply via www.happy.co.th. The system will send SMS to confirm once a request is completed.

Example: *113*180# and you have a 180 day extension. I punched it in twice (365 days max) and now have service until this time next year

If that doesn't work then try contacting their main help line.

Thanks for that :)

TL

Well, that was easy!

Thanks Torrenova! for the link... The whole web page in English too... :)

Now, I know I have 53 days left on my year set up, when, someone set that up for me last year...!

Well, that was easy!

Thanks Torrenova! for the link... The whole web page in English too... :)

Now, I know I have 53 days left on my year set up, when, someone set that up for me last year...!

You can swap credit for validity, set up international roaming and even view the last 2 months of your calls, sms history and any data usage. Loads of useful stuff as well actually. I have been well impressed with it for years now.

Hi

If your sim card is less than 90 days old you can not do this ..... is there something else I can do to keep the sim active until I return in 90 ish days?

Cheers

Spud

Hi

If your sim card is less than 90 days old you can not do this ..... is there something else I can do to keep the sim active until I return in 90 ish days?

Cheers

Spud

Answering my own question ..... I tried again today and it let me extend OK.

The sim has to be active for 90 days plus, or usage more than 100B.

Now valid for 211 days :-)

Cheers

Spud

I bought a DTAC 'happy instant sim' when I arrived at the airport back in Sept and then registered the sim on the spot using my passport number...with registration I presumed that the sim will always remain valid even without activity for 2-3 months...am I mistaken?

in the past I had an AIS sim card and when I left Thailand for work the 'balance' function always indicated that the card was good for a year and when I returned a few months later the card had expired...

when I leave again to go back to work for 3 months is there anything further that I have to do to keep my sim valid like dial *1031 or an arrangement with DTAC on the internet?...or is registering the card when I bought it at the airport a guarantee of continued validity?

doubt for the new card you will have long validity? Most of the new sim will probably come with one month. As like said previous, you will have to meet certain usage and number of days and then you apply to get the 1yr validity. After that it will be all good

ID: 15   Posted (edited)

...or is registering the card when I bought it at the airport a guarantee of continued validity?

The registering of SIM cards started several years ago by law in an effort to track down owners of mobile phones used in remotely-triggered bomb attacks. I don't think it has anything to do with permanency or extended validity.

[edited to remove info already provided above in thread]

Edited by wpcoe
1 person likes this