Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kataleeya

Comprehensive Medical Check-up In Chiang Mai

60 posts in this topic

I live in Chiang Mai and want to get a comprehensive medical exam (check-up) done. I have heard of several reputable hospitals in BKK that offer this service with xrays, blood work, etc. I know it can be a bit expensive but it's nothing compared to what it would cost in the States!

Does anyone know of a hospital that offers this here in Chiang Mai? I'm hoping to find a hospital and service that is geared to expats/tourists and is comparable to BKK, but if it doesn't really exist in Chiang Mai then I would consider going to BKK, so any BKK recommendations would also be appreciated! Thanks!

Check out Chiang Mai Ram You can not get any better than this in Chiang Mai.

If you want an economical and low-tech, but nevertheless effective medical, try Dr Tawatchais surgery on Loi Kroh Rd. The eqquipment is on a old side and the 'treadmill'for getting the heart rate up consists of running up and downstairs 10 times, but you get all the results you would from the Ram. It costs somewhere under 3,000 baht. Don't know how much the Ram costs

I was in Chiang Mai Ram yesterday looking to make an appointment for a full medical and they told me no need to book just turn up. They are on the 4th floor and it's the desk to the right clearly marked 'Medical/Check up'. Hours are 0800-1600.

Dr. Nisachon Morgan M.D. at Health Care Medical Clinic on the Hang Dong Road. Far more comprehensive than anywhere else in town for the same price or even a little less. Perfect fluent English. The best!

053-804405

Do a search on this forum and you will find not one negative comment about her.

sojourner.

re ..... Does Ram still do the head-to-toe scan? I'm guessing it's an MRI

ram MRId my brain after i had a stroke in nov 07 so i guess its still there : )

dave2

Sripat did several MRI brain scans on me, the last one this month, interpreted by my neurology professor.

Sripat did several MRI brain scans on me, the last one this month, interpreted by my neurology professor.

And....??? Results....??? Cost ....?? Good ....??? Bad??? Recommendable ??? By the way hope all is well with you and welcome back !!!! :) and shame on TV for not having any mushy and emotional emoticons like hugs and kisses ..

Ok, now I wait to hear from all the bright eyes and hear the " Are you blind or what " /////

I sincerely hope it was just the latest one :) Welcome back, by the way :D

/ Priceless

Dr.Morgan at HMHC charges just 6,100 B for the works, I paid over 10,000 at Ram last year.

She will be doing one for me next month.

If you want an economical and low-tech, but nevertheless effective medical, try Dr Tawatchais surgery on Loi Kroh Rd. The eqquipment is on a old side and the 'treadmill'for getting the heart rate up consists of running up and downstairs 10 times, but you get all the results you would from the Ram. It costs somewhere under 3,000 baht. Don't know how much the Ram costs

Yeah the "threadmill" is a bit unreliable. I ran up about a dozen times up/down the stairs and my pulse only registered 45 per minute. :)

I've gone to him for my annual for the last 3 years. My last full annual in January cost a whopping 2790 baht.

All three of my strokes were lacunar infarcts. The MRI cost 3,100 baht. My check-up at Sripat cost aroun 3300 baht; no MRI.

Would concur with others Dr. Morgan would be my choice for the full medical and any other medical conditions you might have.

I am one of the hardest persons I know to please and it's a rare event when I give out a strong recommendation, but in Dr. Morgan's case she merits the highest praise I can bestow. By far, the most conscientious, compassionate and knowledgeable GP I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Anyone looking for the best medical care in Chiang Mai need look no further.