Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
tayto

Good Restaurants in Chiang Rai.

1 hour ago, YetAnother said:

Is there enough sit down seating and do they serve beer or is it nearby?

Yes, plenty of room, I'd say that they would have beer if requested, we did not ask.

very positive vote for Mekong Pizza in Sob Ruak aka 'The Golden Triangle' ( Village) in The Chiang saen District on the Mekong River

Western food with a medium to limited menu but what they offer, they make very well

Number one on TripAdvisor for that area;

Personable owners,English is excellent

Top notch pizzas : note the first one is half-and-half

also a monster cheesesteak

and organic, healthy,tasty, large salads (hydroponic)

also has steak and cookies (no photos)

seating inside and out

IMG_20170516_114252.jpg

IMG_20170610_170840.jpg

IMG_20170411_150550_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170627_113739.jpg

IMG_20170509_133729.jpg

• Like 2

Wow they do look nice.

Did you have to ask for the pineapple?

I mean... a good pizza place wouldn't normally put it on would they... ?? :cool:

Coming home last night we got an emergency phone call for pizza,  we didn't want to go into town so picked up one at Barn Pizza, in the Singha Park complex... very nice indeed.

2 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

Wow they do look nice.

Did you have to ask for the pineapple?

I mean... a good pizza place wouldn't normally put it on would they... ?? :cool:

Coming home last night we got an emergency phone call for pizza,  we didn't want to go into town so picked up one at Barn Pizza, in the Singha Park complex... very nice indeed.

mekong pizza is a professional place with pizza; they will do it any way you like; mix and match; half and half;

they specialize in thin crust pizzas and their prices are remarkably low for being in sob ruak (tourist hell) ;

they are closed mondays; else normally till about 9ish; a 'thai 9ish' if they have a group they will stay as long as the group does; they have wine (and a wine menu !) beers;

i used to bring my own blue cheese and they would put it on my pizza; sweeet

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

mekong pizza is a professional place with pizza; they will do it any way you like; mix and match; half and half;

they specialize in thin crust pizzas and their prices are remarkably low for being in sob ruak (tourist hell) ;

they are closed mondays; else normally till about 9ish; a 'thai 9ish' if they have a group they will stay as long as the group does; they have wine (and a wine menu !) beers;

i used to bring my own blue cheese and they would put it on my pizza; sweeet

one guy ordered a half 'meat lovers' and the other half 'vegetarian' !!!

I'm not a fan of ribs, too messy but we tried a new place today and my friend said they were excellent.
I wasn't particularly hungry and grazed on a few wings which were good as well.
It's across from the electrical shop near the old Doi Chang Coffee shop corner.
Good serves of ribs for 200/300B
Ribs and Co

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

On 7/23/2017 at 9:00 PM, sceadugenga said:

I'm not a fan of ribs, too messy but we tried a new place today and my friend said they were excellent.
I wasn't particularly hungry and grazed on a few wings which were good as well.
It's across from the electrical shop near the old Doi Chang Coffee shop corner.
Good serves of ribs for 200/300B
Ribs and Co

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I believe this place used to be called 71° Celsius at a previous location and it had a good reputation for some time

Yes, it's been reinvented.

Not sure if it's new owners, I hadn't been there previously.

On 7/25/2017 at 2:03 PM, sceadugenga said:

Yes, it's been reinvented.

Not sure if it's new owners, I hadn't been there previously.

went there the other day; nice place; beautifully done inside, seems same people as old place and same food; pork ribs are very good;number of wines,bigger place; Which Is all Good; parking isnt world-class but that's always a tough one; english is fine;good location,destined for top 10

• Like 1

On 8/30/2017 at 6:31 PM, YetAnother said:

went there the other day; nice place; beautifully done inside, seems same people as old place and same food; pork ribs are very good;number of wines,bigger place; Which Is all Good; parking isnt world-class but that's always a tough one; english is fine;good location,destined for top 10

Agree. Went there last night. I am a ribs fan and these were top notch. Cooked well and the sauce was just how I like it. My seat faced the kitchen and I watched the owner making sure every plate was presented just right. The few other items on the menu looked interesting as well - pasta, salads and wings. This will definitely be a regular stop from now on.

• Like 2

Is that unusual?  When we are out for pizza, we do that all the time - my wife's vegetarian.

On 7/16/2017 at 5:47 PM, YetAnother said:

one guy ordered a half 'meat lovers' and the other half 'vegetarian' !!!

had a really disappointing lunch in barrabs last week. food was bland and ordinary. We had some pork sweet basil and some veg dishes. They were definitely cooked to cater for foreign taste is probably the truth but as an example there was close to 0 basil with the pork. The waitress also listened into our thai/english conversation between me and my thai gf and joined in when we were discussing dishes. It was all a bit odd.

• Like 1