Garry

Movies I Want To See

491 posts in this topic

The lady near the bus station will give you the price of 100 baht per movie if you buy ten or more. The wife recently coordinated that deal for me. I went ahead and paid her the thousand baht for ten right then. I couldn't find ten that I wanted at that time, so the lady said just stop in from time to time and keep getting the movies until I reached ten. I did and she always remembered how many I had left to choose to get to ten.

If you are a new customer to her shop. make sure she knows you live here and will be coming in again. The policies are a bit different for tourists in that shop.

New or old busstation?

The old one, the shop could be classed as in the lane leading to the Night Market.

Thanks! Until now I downloaded the movies for the mrs.

The old one, the shop could be classed as in the lane leading to the Night Market.

I've been there on the odd occasion when shopping with my family and bought movies at good prices. Didn't even have to ask for the good price which was nice for a change.

Just watched "The Man Who Would Be King".

Excellent under rated film about a couple of farang guys who arrive in places far and take over the country.

A member of the fair sex breaks the friendship and ruins the idyllic lifestyle. (Sounds familiar doesn't it?)

Sean Connery and Michael Caine in their prime.

Well worth watching out for.

Just watched "The Man Who Would Be King".

Excellent under rated film about a couple of farang guys who arrive in places far and take over the country.

A member of the fair sex breaks the friendship and ruins the idyllic lifestyle. (Sounds familiar doesn't it?)

Sean Connery and Michael Caine in their prime.

Well worth watching out for.

A classic. I have seen it over five times at least.

Watched "Red River" last night. It is an old John Wayne western. A real classic and almost as good as the "Searchers" So if you re a youngster or a non Yank you may have missed it.

ID: 24   Posted (edited)

Almost as good as The Searchers?

You're talking seriously good movies now. B)

Edit: I watched "The Born Losers" last night. Definitely not a seriously good movie, some fairly ordinary acting but it defined a genre of biker movies to come.

Edited by sceadugenga

Watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid last night as a part of my project to educate my fiancee on classic movies. Still a great movie after all these years.

Previous entries in my education program. Harvey, Rear Window, It's a Wonderful Life, A Clockwork Orange, All That Jazz, Beatlejuice, Bonnie and Clyde, Cat Ballou, Groundhog Day, To Kill A Mockingbird and Fantasia.

Next up, I hope, is The Man Who Would Be King. Thanks Scea for the reminder.:)

Watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid last night as a part of my project to educate my fiancee on classic movies. Still a great movie after all these years.

Previous entries in my education program. Harvey, Rear Window, It's a Wonderful Life, A Clockwork Orange, All That Jazz, Beatlejuice, Bonnie and Clyde, Cat Ballou, Groundhog Day, To Kill A Mockingbird and Fantasia.

What no Deer Hunter .:huh:

What no Deer Hunter .:huh:

Great movie but she may not like and understand that one. She does not movies that are too real.B)

Butch and Sundance is a great movie.

I'm into obscure Aussie movies at the moment. Watched "Sunday Too Far Away" last week, "The Odd Angry Shot" yesterday.

Both are worth downloading, I doubt you'll find them on DVD.

Got "Age of Consent" to watch next.

1 person likes this

I'm into obscure Aussie movies at the moment. Watched "Sunday Too Far Away" last week, "The Odd Angry Shot" yesterday.

Two Hands and Rabbit-Proof Fence are two of my favourite Aussie movies, not that obscure but still great.

Two Hands and Rabbit-Proof Fence are two of my favourite Aussie movies, not that obscure but still great.

Thanks both. I am always looking for good foreign? movies I may have missed. May have to find subtitles though.