Thailand Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

george

Hotels In Bangkok Refuse Blacks And Indians

george    2,855

Hotels in Bangkok refuse Blacks and Indians

BANGKOK THAILAND: -- The Rapper/ artist "Ribkat" and band members are asked to leave their Hotel "Nasa Vegas Complex Luxury Hotel" in Bangkok because as they were told by the hotel manager "they had to respect the Hotel policy" which is to discriminate against blacks and Indians". The hotel staff and manager also refused to refund the amount they paid up front for their hotel rooms.

"Ribkat", a well known member of the multi-platinum selling group "Fort Minor" with Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park was told by the Hotel Manager that they did not allow blacks or Indians at their Hotel.

"Ribkat" asked them why they accepted his payment in the first place if this was part of their racist policy. Nasa Vegas advertises long term stay deals which is exactly what Ribkat was inquiring about to begin with due to several business engagements in Thailand only to be lied to by the Nasa Vegas staff stating that there were no rooms available for long term rent which in the end turned out to be a big fat lie all because Ribkat is an African American.

"Ribkat" a hip hop artist preparing for several performances in Thailand and a deal for his soon to be released album "Theory of Addicts" with Josy B. has now been publicly humiliated with the most outrageous blatant form of racism that he will now have to postpone all of his public appearances and performances to resolve this unfortunate ignorant issue.

His friends and Thailand hosts were in complete shock, one of his hosts called the hotel and asked if the hotel room was available and they confirmed with her that it was, but only to her because she was not black. Ribkats drummer who is white and his female friend who is Thai, couldn't help but notice how Ribkat was constantly singled out and always had the fingers pointing at him with the entire hotel staff uttering comments such as "The Black People are bad and Always Cause Trouble" and "The Black People Never Pay or check out of the Hotel and they're too loud and Dangerous and they sell drugs"

His Drummer and Friend were immediately shocked by such blunt stereotypical racism and felt equally offended. The entire Hotel Staff showed no respect or courtesy to the star and insisted on telling him to respect they're racist policy because its in their "Law Books to discriminate". As a result of this, the U.S embassy and police were immediately notified of the discriminating acts that were cast upon the International star and have now addressed the Thai media in efforts to resolve this incident along with compensation and a public apology. The Thailand Police department and associates expressed their sympathy and sorrow and were completely ashamed by what has just taken place.

"Ribkat" who has been received greatly and greeted by fans in the streets of Bangkok was completely surprised by all of this and does not feel that the rest of the people in Thailand hold these type of sentiments towards African Americans or any other foreigners visiting their country and extends an Olive Branch in the hopes that this was only an isolated incident from misguided individuals working in this Hotel and looks forward to completing his scheduled performances and enjoying his extended stay in Thailand in good faith simply hoping that this will be a wake up call to the entire world. "Although many of us are misguided and blinded by the plague of racism, we are all "One" and the beauty of being "One" which to many appears to be a small number, is the amazing magical variety of a beautiful color spectrum that exists amongst us all by nature, so in actuality, that "small" number of "one" contains a lot more than we all think. Colors are not only seen but they are also heard. If music was monotone or only "one color", then we would not be able to appreciate the beauty of "All" different genres of music created by Multi Cultural races of color around the world. With that being said, why don't we as "One" try "Listening" to color and feeling with our hearts for a change rather than judging a color simply by sight missing the message of beauty and all it truly contains within". "Ribkat" quotes....

Article by WN Guest Writer Tom Kidd

Source: http://article.wn.com/view/2010/09/30/American_Rapper_Ribkat_Is_Discriminated_Againt_At_A_Hotel_In/

Related link:

Hotels in Thailand (who does not discriminate)

hughben    193

While this alleged act is wrong, I am more surprised a 'rapper' is staying at a cheap shoddy hotel.

bdenner    1,038

Having stayed at the Nasa Vegas on one occasion I found that most of the patrons were of Indian or African/African American cast BUT there were no problems at all having attended two meals in the restaurant and several hours at the bar over a 28 hour stay.

Can't quite understand what has triggered this lot.

I am more surprised a 'rapper' is staying at a cheap shoddy hotel.
and you need to be sure <deleted> you are talking about!! Ever been to or stayed there?

onnut    98

I fail to see how this is a problem.

Many bars do not let them in either, because we don't want to drink with them.

I said to a bargirl once, 'Why do you keep the blacks out?' and she said 'Because if Farang see African man, he not come in'.

I said 'Yep, you're right'.

All they do is try and sell me cocaine, and try to 'look after me' on Sukhumvit. It gets quite tiring.

I ran out of reds today but will be back tomorrow to give you one.

I know plenty of those white folks who sell drugs also you bigot!

nicolas18    389

I said to a bargirl once, 'Why do you keep the blacks out?' and she said 'Because if Farang see African man, he not come in'.

All they do is try and sell me cocaine, and try to 'look after me' on Sukhumvit. It gets quite tiring.

Thanks for your post which reminds us that racism is as widespread amongst Westerners as it is amongst Thais.

hayden5650    38

Thanks for your post which reminds us that racism is as widespread amongst Westerners as it is amongst Thais.

One night for a laugh as I was walking around the Nana - Asok area, I decided to simply approach every black I saw and ask for cocaine or weed. Every single one was able to give me info, prices, tell me where to go.

The only reason Africans are there is to commit crime. I'm not speaking from prejudice, I am speaking from experience.

As for the Indians, they're just .. [ 2 words deleted ]

TAWP    361

The hotel has a right, as any private company, to set their own policies.

Don't like them? Don't support them.

A company is always a for profit venture, so they only instigate policies like this if it makes sense in their wallet.

Ask yourself why that is.

(They should however have refunded them for their pre-paid booking.)

hughben    193

Having stayed at the Nasa Vegas on one occasion I found that most of the patrons were of Indian or African/African American cast BUT there were no problems at all having attended two meals in the restaurant and several hours at the bar over a 28 hour stay.

Can't quite understand what has triggered this lot.

I am more surprised a 'rapper' is staying at a cheap shoddy hotel.
and you need to be sure <deleted> you are talking about!! Ever been to or stayed there?

Yes I have stayed there and most of the patrons are Thai. Usually one night things with ladies of the night or couples.

Thai at Heart    17,298

The hotel has a right, as any private company, to set their own policies.

Don't like them? Don't support them.

A company is always a for profit venture, so they only instigate policies like this if it makes sense in their wallet.

Ask yourself why that is.

(They should however have refunded them for their pre-paid booking.)

Rosa Parks would be turning in her grave hearing this.

Just because someone "can" do something doesn't make it right.

Englander    26

It shows the kind of people you associate with then, ive never once seen a white male pushing drugs in Sukhumvit or causing trouble in gangs like the West Africans do, theyre the reason why i will never step into this area again in the evening.

Pity the decent blacks suffer because of them. This company must have their reasons for taking such measures.

Rumpole    76

Even if you accept that in Thailand and some other parts of Asia, blatant racism is a way of life, what about the fact that this hotel also refused to refund the money which was paid up front? I suppose that is just fine too?

Some of the expats on this site are as deluded as their "hosts".

wintermute    101

Nasa Vegas is a sh*thole and anyone that is staying there is obviously on a tight budget or oblivious. There are literally about 30 better options within a 20 km radius.

maxtingtong    69

What a shame.

Only once I seen something worst than that in bangkok: a guesthouse with a panel on the door "we don't allow thai people".

Be racist towards your same nationality I guess is the top

:blink:

onnut    98

It shows the kind of people you associate with then, ive never once seen a white male pushing drugs in Sukhumvit or causing trouble in gangs like the West Africans do, theyre the reason why i will never step into this area again in the evening.

Pity the decent blacks suffer because of them. This company must have their reasons for taking such measures.

I have never met anyone selling drugs in Thailand because I do not hang out in the areas where that would happen!

I was refering to anywhere in the world. there are white dealers and black dealers! probably a few yellow ones as well.

I am shocked at the amount of racism on this board! :o not every black dude sells drugs for a living.