Thailand Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MaiDong

Was Your Thai Girlfriend/Wife Refused A Uk Visa? What Do You Think Were The Reasons?

theoldgit    2,897

The biggest thing in your favour, as 7by7 pointed out in his posts #2 & #6, is that you both live together in Thailand and have done so for seven years or so, that should convince the ECO that the application is genuine and she will return at the end of your trip.

Make sure you include details of your status in Thailand including your reason to be here and details of your accomodation etc etc, as has been pointed out you should apply for a family visit which carries the right of appeal, though I doubt very much if you will need it.

I agree that the application process seems rather daunting, I think we take the value of a British passport for granted, but if you take a rational approach and just tell the truth I doubt very much if you will encounter a problem.

Good luck

MaiDong    52

If she is funding the trip then you must include in the application evidence of her ability to do so; i.e. her last 6 months bank statements plus any other evidence of her income.

A copy of the deeds will prove her ownership. A letter from her stating that she owns the property and inviting you to stay there should suffice, but I'm a belt and braces man myself.

Thanks again 7by7!

Mum will be up in the loft this morning looking for the right documentation.

MaiDong    52

The biggest thing in your favour, as 7by7 pointed out in his posts #2 & #6, is that you both live together in Thailand and have done so for seven years or so, that should convince the ECO that the application is genuine and she will return at the end of your trip.

Make sure you include details of your status in Thailand including your reason to be here and details of your accomodation etc etc, as has been pointed out you should apply for a family visit which carries the right of appeal, though I doubt very much if you will need it.

I agree that the application process seems rather daunting, I think we take the value of a British passport for granted, but if you take a rational approach and just tell the truth I doubt very much if you will encounter a problem.

Good luck

And thank you to, theoldgit :)

theoldgit    2,897

The reason for any refusal will be in the GV 51 refusal of entry clearance.

At least let him apply first Paul, and not worry about a possible refusal just yet.

At least let him apply first Paul, and not worry about a possible refusal just yet.

I was quoting his headline for the thread whistling.gif.

MaiDong    52

I was quoting his headline for the thread whistling.gif.

I was asking for past experiences, not technical reference codes ThaiVisaExpress, thanks for your effort though...

MaiDong    52

Right, mum found her 'Official copy of register of title' so that's being copied and emailed to me.

The 6 months of her bank statements will be huge, she's renovated her house and has had lots of work = lots of funds in and out of her bank. the problem is this, I've read that original documents are needed so she'll have to apply for a statement from the last 6 months from the bank, wait for it to arrive at her house, then physically send it here, doesn't that seem a bit absurd? Surely they can't need this?

:unsure:

MaiDong    52

Oh, one more thing, we married today, does this change the form I have to fill out?

7by7    6,398

Congratulations on the marriage :partytime2:

As said before, due to the length of time you have been living together this would have been a family visit, even if you hadn't married. So she completes Form VAF1B - Family Visit.

It can either be completed online and she can make an appointment with the VAC to submit her documents and have her biometrics taken, or she can complete a paper form and take it to the VAC without an appointment and wait. See How to Apply.

MaiDong    52

Congratulations on the marriage :partytime2:

As said before, due to the length of time you have been living together this would have been a family visit, even if you hadn't married. So she completes Form VAF1B - Family Visit.

It can either be completed online and she can make an appointment with the VAC to submit her documents and have her biometrics taken, or she can complete a paper form and take it to the VAC without an appointment and wait. See How to Apply.

Thanks 7by7, what do you think of the bank statement issue?

MaiDong    52

I've got a concern, I'm awaiting the arrival of some documents from the UK so I can apply for our sons UK passport, I know this is a different subject to the thread but 7by7, you might know something about this - I'm worried that my son might not be granted a UK passport, we have been told by embassy employees that it's not guaranteed that he will be granted one. How will 2 applications for UK visas(Thai mum & Thai/British son) go down with the VAC?

7by7    6,398

I believe the problem is that your son was born before 1st July 2006 and you and his mother were not married. Fathers of children born before that date do not automatically pass on their British nationality to their children unless they were married to the mother (unless the mother is also British, of course!).

I am not sure if you now marrying has changed his status or not; hopefully someone with more knowledge of nationality law than I can respond.

If you are unable to obtain a British passport for him in time then he will need to travel on his Thai passport and so will need a visa. From what you have said previously I can see no reason why, like his mother, it should not be granted. Provided you supply the necessary evidence of finances, accommodation etc., of course.

You will, unfortunately, have to complete a separate application form and pay another visa fee for him, though.

MaiDong    52

Sorry, just read your post again - you're right :)

So I'll have to apply for his visa at the same time as his mums :boring: