Thailand Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aneliane

Thai Men + Farang Women

cdnvic    2,824

Posts deleted. Next knuckle-dragging troglodyte who wants to make derogatory and inaccurate comments about the size of western women is going away for a long time.

Don't judge all western women by the last one who dumped you.

Boo    1,146
don't share these biases towards ALL foreign men.

And I suggest you take more time reading the posts you decide to take offense to, no-where did I state that this was the case for ALL men. I would also suggest you don't take my comments as a personal reflection of your life. They were a general observation based on years of posts on thaivisa as well as real life experiences.

2) most women don't seem to get he same kind of "yellow fever" many western men do

aridion    9

Fine.

Would you say that your generalisations are more accurate in refering to Foreign men who are here as tourists or are here to work for a longer term.

I guess that the image of foreign male tourists in places like Pattaya, Patong, Soi Cowboy, Nana and Papong does not help other foreign males that are working here. I guess that there is not anywhere near the availability for this type of tourism for women. I wonder if there was would it be as popular?

endure    1,834

Haha, yes, that...but the females that want to go with bar-boys seem to be flocking to West-Africa...and there are really not that many boy-bars here - apart from the gay kind.

A large proportion of the guys who work as bar-boys in gay places are actually straight.

I know - but that fact doesn't alter their clientele.

Straight farang women are welcome in most gay gogo bars and will soon have a crowd of bar-boys buzzing round them. What happens after that is up to them.

Boo    1,146

I've been told that it's quite popular for thai women with money to splash to visit the male gogos too

aridion    9

Yes I know that already. However do you think that if Thailand was likesay, recognised as a place for women to come to get their rox off (not the small areas with gay bars), would they act the same as the many males?

Boo    1,146
Would you say that your generalisations are more accurate in refering to Foreign men who are here as tourists or are here to work for a longer term.

honestly, there are too many variables. I do think the availability of women here (In terms of ones looking for farang & how quickly the meet-date-move in process seems to move compared to back home) make it much easier for a lot of men to relationship-hop regardless of compatibility. That's what I mean by "yellow fever" the woman being thai being the main attraction, rather than is she a nice person, do we have anything in common etc.

IME, western women here tend to be more cautious if pursuing anything more than a fling but that might be women generally, anywhere.

Of course the 2 week tourist coming to trawl the bars brings a whole set of issues down on the men who are here the long term, that can't really be helped but I don't think that if these bars were available with straight pay for play asian men, women from the west would be flocking to Thailand to partake. Maybe in a different age demographic to mine it could happen (I hear of the 50+ women heading off to Tunisia/Jamaica etc) but in my age range (30's) women just wouldn't pay for it. And the ones I know in ltr with thai men are of a similar age/economic background who met in "normal" situations & progressed their relationships as they would with a man back home. You get the few (usually very young) shacking up with a boat/beach boy for a few weeks or months then going back home after her taste of the orient :D looks like too much reality but generally these are few & far between, esp the older I get (less inclination to associate with them on my part)

Boo    1,146
And the ones I know in ltr with thai men are of a similar age/economic background who met in "normal" situations & progressed their relationships as they would with a man back home

And just to clarify, in case someone wanted to get narky over it, I am not suggesting that there aren't many farang men-thai women couples like this too, of course there are but there are also a lot of the ones I described above too.

aridion    9

Nobody getting narky. ;)

I agree with your last comment. In my experience I have quite a few male friends who are married in Thailand with children (all in their 30's, like myself). All their relationships are of the same age/economic background. They work in Thailand and are happy to remain here. They also are commited to their relationships. I also know of a few females from foreign countries who are also married here in a similiar situation. Perfectly normal, decent relationships, just as we would have back home. They are the people I was representing when I remarked about your earlier post.:rolleyes:

I find that the foreigners who have short relationships with bar girls or the like, don't really settle down here and maintain a job and family. They are the foreigners that we see in the more high profile places i.e tourist areas. However I would say that most of the foreign men (and women) that I knew who lived and worked in Thailand were all in meaningful relationships. Non of them were married to bar girls (not saying that this isn't common).

It would be interesting to find out exactly what was the demographic for relationships, say even, from TV forum members. I am sure that most of them would be normal. Most (from my experience) relationships between Thais and foreigners, both men and women are normal outside the seedy parts of town. Unfortunately too many people stereotype a lot of foreign men because of what the media image, word on the street is. Being tarred by the same brush as sex tourists ain't that nice a feeling.

I do agree that in general Thai girl quite like Foreign men. And that it is a situation that is all too often taken advantage of.

Berkshire    7,354

The simple explanation is that Farang women have much higher standards than Farang men. This is not a slight against Farang men because part of it is biological. Simply put:

Farang men will date Thai women who speaks little to almost no English. Farang women would not date Thai men whom they can't communicate with fluently.

Farang men will date dirt poor Thai women with little to no prospects. Farang women would prefer someone of the same socioeconomic background or higher.

Farang men will date uneducated Thai women. Farang women prefer someone of the same educational background or higher.

Farang men seem to date pretty much any Thai woman who's younger, regardless of how attractive she is (attractive in the Thai sense). Farang women will prefer a guy around her age or slightly older who's relatively attractive.

The kinds of Thai men, therefore, that Farang women are looking for are successful, attractive, English-speaking/western educated, intelligent, and closer to in age, i.e., top notch Thai men. The bad news for Farang women is that these Thai guys are in high demand amongst the best and brightest (read hottest) Thai women in Thailand. Unless the guy has a serious farang-fetish, you're going to be hardpressed to land the top tier guys. They simply have too much to choose from.

sbk    2,042

Real relationships are not that hard to come by, I have quite a few western friends with Thai husbands in successful relationships. But, the thing I have noticed is that nearly all of these couples choose to return to the wife's home countries with their children to raise their children in an environment that affords them every opportunity. Raising your children in rural Thailand may allow them to be successful in Thailand (but probably not) but certainly nowhere else.

It seems as though the question has been answered quite clearly from what I have read so am unsure as to why the OP is still looking for a "why" when the reasons given are pretty clear and, IME, correct.

JurgenG    601

The simple explanation is that Farang women have much higher standards than Farang men. This is not a slight against Farang men because part of it is biological. Simply put:

Farang men will date Thai women who speaks little to almost no English. Farang women would not date Thai men whom they can't communicate with fluently.

Farang men will date dirt poor Thai women with little to no prospects. Farang women would prefer someone of the same socioeconomic background or higher.

Farang men will date uneducated Thai women. Farang women prefer someone of the same educational background or higher.

Farang men seem to date pretty much any Thai woman who's younger, regardless of how attractive she is (attractive in the Thai sense). Farang women will prefer a guy around her age or slightly older who's relatively attractive.

The kinds of Thai men, therefore, that Farang women are looking for are successful, attractive, English-speaking/western educated, intelligent, and closer to in age, i.e., top notch Thai men. The bad news for Farang women is that these Thai guys are in high demand amongst the best and brightest (read hottest) Thai women in Thailand. Unless the guy has a serious farang-fetish, you're going to be hardpressed to land the top tier guys. They simply have too much to choose from.

Your post will be much more accurate if you add "Some" before "Farang men"

JurgenG    601

I've been told that it's quite popular for thai women with money to splash to visit the male gogos too

Not only Thai, but it seems women have enough common sense to know the limits of such relation.