Thailand Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rimmer

Pattaya A-Go-Go Staff Beat Up Foreign And Hi-So Customers

Rimmer    4,241

A-Go-Go Staff Beat Up Hi-So Guests

PATTAYA: -- The Staff of an a-go-go bar reveal themselves as a would-be mafia, with a group of 20 punching a group of customers consisting of foreign models and Thai Hi-So's.

Around mid-day on the 9th February 2011 Police General Nantawut Suwanlaorng, Police Officials Pattaya received complaints from Mr. Jestin Elekjoseph, 28, and Mr. Johnny Wittel ,28, both Canadian magazine models, along with their friends, Mr. Keri Chill 27, Ms. Tida Thannawan 45, Ms. Sopa Thanawan 43, Ms. Nuarat Samsaen 43. The 3 Thai women are known as hi-so business owners of a famous restaurant and jewellery business in Pattaya said they had been tricked and attacked by the owners, managers and staff of a go-go bar resulting in personal injury.

Full story with pictures HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2011-02-10

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

TheWalkingMan    376

"After Ms Tida made her complaints the manager said ” I don’t care how big you are around here, I am the mafia. Not even the police dares to mess with me and my people. Who the hell do you think you are?”."

:whistling:

Credo    6,453

Wow. I seldom visit the night venues in Thailand any more, but things have sure changed. I remember the places staying open until the customers decided to leave. If they did close, they closed the doors so that new people couldn't come in. Of course, closing times were much more relaxed then.

I wonder what these folks did that got them so ticked off. Is this a sign of the 'unwashed masses' starting to stand up to the elites?

davethailand    526

Wow. I seldom visit the night venues in Thailand any more, but things have sure changed. I remember the places staying open until the customers decided to leave. If they did close, they closed the doors so that new people couldn't come in. Of course, closing times were much more relaxed then.

I wonder what these folks did that got them so ticked off. Is this a sign of the 'unwashed masses' starting to stand up to the elites?

Elites? :blink:

Maybe it was that that caused the incident, I'd bet that there was a bit of impoliteness on their part which obviously provoked the situation.

The staff attacking isn't a good thing and was very wrong and of course shouldn't of happened but i'd bet someone spoke badly.

:mellow:

Tokay    1,450

They do stuff like this because they know the police will not take action other than writing down the report.

Zero consequences in Pattaya.

Tokay    1,450

And this is what I love about Thai law. No mention of the club out of fear they will sue. :lol:

One more reason this crap happens over and over. Not only are there no consequences, but you can't even name the place.

saakura    2,261

And these 2 young Canadian models lost 8500,000 (8.5 million) in lost earnings as they could not do a show in Bangkok on 16th Feb...:angry:

saakura    2,261

And this is what I love about Thai law. No mention of the club out of fear they will sue. :lol:

One more reason this crap happens over and over. Not only are there no consequences, but you can't even name the place.

Did we read the same article??:whistling: Not only is the name of the bar mentioned, but also the street address. On the contrary, what is not mentioned is the name of the "famous jewellery business" which the 3 Hiso ladies own. I would have loved to read the reactions here if instead of 2 Canadian models, they happened to be say Russian??

wintermute    101

And these 2 young Canadian models lost 8500,000 (8.5 million) in lost earnings as they could not do a show in Bangkok on 16th Feb...:angry:

8.5 million my rear end. There's no way they were getting paid that much..especially as male models.

FarangBuddha    63

Maybe need to brush-up on your reading comprehension...they mentioned it was one of the Super Girls or Super Baby group.

TAWP    361

The number written is 8-500,000 Baht (should be ordered 5 to 8 hundred, but meh).

bulmercke    24

Agree to disagree here - particularly Pattaya - even if you're in the right - and you can get a beating.

Incidentally - there are a few places on Khoa San Road - Bangkok - which are frequented by foreigners whose Thai staff are only too happy to attack their customers if the opportunity arises even for the slightest and most trivial of excuses.

EyesWideOpen    7,080

If those women were truly hiso, then the staff at the gogo bar had better head back to Isan, shave their heads, and become a monk for a while. That will be the only way to stay alive.......

God I love this place !!!!