Thailand Forum
KunMatt

What Level Of Speaking And Writing Thai Are You At?

Aforek    392
2 hours ago, DjSilver said:

Well usuly if some expat really wants to learn thai they will be able to pass the thai goverment 6th grade test only after 1 year of studing. And then usuly be better in correct thai then the uneducated thais them self. Haha

You think " uneducated Thais " speak uncorrect thai ? I don't know what you call correct or uncorrect Thai, the only Thai that interests me is " everyday thai " 

when I speak with my doctor or my family in law , I don't see the difference

onthesoi    958
36 minutes ago, Aforek said:

You think " uneducated Thais " speak uncorrect thai ? I don't know what you call correct or uncorrect Thai, the only Thai that interests me is " everyday thai " 

when I speak with my doctor or my family in law , I don't see the difference

You mean incorrect? ...uncorrect refers to converting a magnetic course into a compass course. 

Like Thai, there is a correct way of speaking English.  In Thailand it's sometimes referred to as Royal Thai or Central Thai, In the UK it might be referred to as the Queen's English.

DjSilver    4

Well I'm Swedish but bi-lingual since I've been speaking english since I was about 4 years old. And I mean that it is how someone pronounce the words. I dont know thai yet, however if someone speaks bad thai and is thai one can hear how badly they speak. I asked my girl friend about one guy who is cleaning clothes if he spoke bad thai just by listning how he spoke and she said yes and laughed. She said that there is one way poor and uneducated thai speaks amd then there is a more finer way to speak thai and more educated people do.

DjSilver    4

You mean incorrect? ...uncorrect refers to converting a magnetic course into a compass course. 

Like Thai, there is a correct way of speaking English.  In Thailand it's sometimes referred to as Royal Thai or Central Thai, In the UK it might be referred to as the Queen's English.

Queens english is something I remembered from school. However my english is more with american accent since I've studied there.