BANGKOK 10 December 2018 09:51
Sign in to follow this  
saintofsilence

Jet Ski Scam Pattaya When Will It Stop

If the officer didnt see the damage, how could he determine that 10,000 was fair? And if the damages actually amounted to 100,000, no owner would accept a lower figure.

Yes, some day, something terrible is going to happen on that beach, just hope it happens to the deserving parties.

this is surely costing the legitimate businesses in Pattaya a lot in lost custom, Im surprised that nobody is prepared to take them on and remove these gangs for good

this is surely costing the legitimate businesses in Pattaya a lot in lost custom, Im surprised that nobody is prepared to take them on and remove these gangs for good

Please step forward my good Sir.

Just happened:

When you damage their jet ski, they ask 100.000 in damage, when they damage your properties, they try to kill you!

• Like 2

during the last few weeks i have seen a lot of police action on the pattaya beach with city hall police , thai volunteers and foreign volunteers patroling

around the beach area . on tuesday i watched a dispute over jet ski payment with some indian tourist on the beach near soi11 which resulted in some foreign police volunteers

marching 2 jet ski guys back in the direction of the police station for what appeared to be some sort of dispute .the indian guy said they kicked him when he refused to pay

this is the first time i have seen this action and hope it will continue.

the sooner these thugs are dealt with the better. .

• Like 1

I notice a Thai lady sitting all day across from Mikes Mall that appears to be in charge of the jet ski boys in that area.

She sits directly across from Soi 11 and orders them around I see.

She must be related to the boss of the jet ski gang?

Anyone know if there is a problem with jetski scams in Jomtien ?

I see they have a big board up with fixed prices , and a lot of russians are renting there.

Well this guy was assaulted by the beach thugs on film.

They even threw a brick at him. (Attempted murder?)

All he did was take a movie on the beach.

Will the police act I wonder?

The embassies need to warn travelers not bring cameras to the beach now?

I think I will buy the new Google glasses and film everything close up , they will just think I am an innocent tourist , that could be fun... .

The embassies need to warn travelers to stop annoying organised crime gangs and trying to capture them on film.

• Like 1

The embassies need to warn travelers to stop annoying organised crime gangs and trying to capture them on film.

Indeed. A ditty added: For your personal safety, do not wind up the ripoff merchants.

Will the police act? Short answer: No

Long answer: Yes, they'll act the same way they've been acting for years: those not getting pay-offs will tolerate the scammers (because if there's a hassle between farang and Thai, police will always side with their brethren). Other police, who are part of the scam operation, will support the scam because they're getting a pay-off for doing so.