Thailand Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MangoAndCo

Which Online Datingsite Is Farang Woman Friendly?

manarak    4,214

I think that what MangandCo is looking for and what you gentleman are chasing is too different things. She is looking for a relationship built on mutual interests / intellectual stimulation. You are looking for sex on a tap, please correct me if I am wrong, but that is how it sounds. Part of the whole dating thing is getting to know someone before you shag them, the anticipation of what it will be like, this does tend to make it more interesting. Sometimes a little disappointing too, but it has always been part of the game. An old friend of mine once told me "don't bang'em on the first night cos they won't come back for more, it puts you in 'that' category of girl".

Here, a relationship starts with sex, if you both enjoy the sex it might develop into a relationship.

The western ideal of romance just doesn't work in this situation.

I can understand western women getting frustrated, but out here a guy doesn't have to wait, and if he does wait then expect him to be doing someone else while he is waiting.

I have always looked for lasting relationships, but they have to include sex.

Totally agree with the above.

Sex on the first date can be a bit too quick, but I can't help than wonder if women who want to date for a long time before having sex really do enjoy sex or if they have a bit of an aversion for touching a man's body and therefore need a long time to get accustomed to him.

I wonder if that is a consequence of western "cocoon"/religious education or if it is the same for women who grew up in and environment where they were less "shielded" and in a society where they are accustomed to take pleasure when available as opposed to the judeo-christian masochist way of delaying things and abstaining today to better enjoy tomorrow...

To make a long story short, if it doesn't work after the second or third date, I will assume the girl doesn't want sex with me and is a timewaster.

Interesting, as most of the Thai women I know would not have sex on the first date nor even the second or third. But perhaps it still boils down to the kinds of women who would actively pursue a western man.

What's the average age and occupation of the Thai women you know?

I'm probably not interested in the average woman.

If sex takes a long time before it happens, the woman probably has other priorities than sanook. Some people may consider this to be positive, but I want a sanook relationship and as few headaches as possible.

I've had some dates in Bangkok where things did move rather fast, the girls were young and fun-seeking.

Also met some Isaan girls who were rather fast.

ludditeman    167

Interesting, as most of the Thai women I know would not have sex on the first date nor even the second or third. But perhaps it still boils down to the kinds of women who would actively pursue a western man.

What a Thai person tells her friends and relatives, and what she actually does are not the same thing.

I would think Thai ladies are even less open with foreign friends as they would understand how judgmental foreigners are about sex.

The company I keep is usually, University students, doctors nurses, lecturers (in case you were wondering)

sbk    2,042

I know southern women. Southerners are rather different from the rest of Thailand (and no I dont' mean just the Muslims for those who don't understand the South).

but I rather think you completely missed my point, and I can't really be bothered to try and explain it.

melvinmelvin    417

That matches my own experience with Thai women.

eek    873

OP, as suggested by another member try "Tagged".

As for dating sites, PlentyofFish, DateinAsia, Ok!Cupid, Thailovelinks, ThailandFriends, ThaiFriendly.

About a year and a half ago i tried them out. Mail box got flooded! Lots of guys interested, both Thai and Farang. I had never tried a dating site before, and as im not a party girl and spend a lot of time enjoying my own fairly solitary pursuits (motorbike riding, exercise, daytrips etc), its not easy to meet someone, particularly someone like-minded (friends or otherwise). It ended up being a really nice ego boost. I presented my profile in a fun and friendly way. Stated my interests and my photos reflected that. Also stated was i was (and was not) looking for in someone else.

In the end i became too shy to actually meet up (all except for one), which kind of defeated the object..! ..but i was actually just testing out the waters really. You get some nut jobs of course, and some pretty pathetic guys (ie: how much to f*** you? Do you have a tight ..you get the picture), but i was already thick skinned from thaivisa (haha :P)

Well anyway, as i mentioned, i did meet with one guy..under the premise of meeting as friends. I wont go into my personal life too much..but its been over a year now, and we are still together.

There are many guys out there who are interested in meeting a nice woman, regardless of nationality/race.

If you do decide to give it a shot, just be prepared to ignore the weirdos and have fun.

Best of luck :)

snamos    53

I think that what MangandCo is looking for and what you gentleman are chasing is too different things. She is looking for a relationship built on mutual interests / intellectual stimulation. You are looking for sex on a tap, please correct me if I am wrong, but that is how it sounds. Part of the whole dating thing is getting to know someone before you shag them, the anticipation of what it will be like, this does tend to make it more interesting. Sometimes a little disappointing too, but it has always been part of the game. An old friend of mine once told me "don't bang'em on the first night cos they won't come back for more, it puts you in 'that' category of girl".

Here, a relationship starts with sex, if you both enjoy the sex it might develop into a relationship.

The western ideal of romance just doesn't work in this situation.

I can understand western women getting frustrated, but out here a guy doesn't have to wait, and if he does wait then expect him to be doing someone else while he is waiting.

I have always looked for lasting relationships, but they have to include sex.

Totally agree with the above.

Sex on the first date can be a bit too quick, but I can't help than wonder if women who want to date for a long time before having sex really do enjoy sex or if they have a bit of an aversion for touching a man's body and therefore need a long time to get accustomed to him.

I wonder if that is a consequence of western "cocoon"/religious education or if it is the same for women who grew up in and environment where they were less "shielded" and in a society where they are accustomed to take pleasure when available as opposed to the judeo-christian masochist way of delaying things and abstaining today to better enjoy tomorrow...

To make a long story short, if it doesn't work after the second or third date, I will assume the girl doesn't want sex with me and is a timewaster.

Sounds like you dont really like Thai women or western men

sbk    2,042

You know snamos, I always find these kinds of responses amusing since you really have no clue as to what you are talking about except your own prejudices and preconceived notions. I would highly recommend to you that you re-think your aggressive and attacking attitude before posting again.

submaniac    1,290

ahh its not worth the argument rolleyes.gif you win

Mistress whiplash is she who must be obeyed. Or else your bum side will be raw from the whipping she dishes out.

Getting back to the original poster, where is a good place to go internet dating. Well it appears Thailovelinks is kind of the "King" of the internet dating in Thailand. It is mostly set up for hooking up Thais. I.E. alot of Thai girls, with alot of old geezer men from foreign countries. The Thais also use it locally to meet other local Thais. Very popular. If you go on that site you will get tons for response, but mostly from Thai guys.

If you are looking for Western males, I would try suggesting Zoosk. They have a Thailand section, and there are alot of falang people looking on that site.

And also, if anyone perhaps sees my profile anywhere, just to be clear. I am single now. I broke up with the last girlfriend. However Thaivisa will not allow me to change my avatar. (Been having problems with that). So long story short: I ain't a lout!

Boo    1,146

one pointless post & the reply to it deleted & a couple of off topic posts also removed.

Jut an FYI, abusive pm's are against the forum rules, if you have received any then report them to moderators for review.

mezzy    0

I was bored the other day.... well meant to doing work, but avoiding it. I put a profile on Plenty of Fish, that certainly gets you some responses..... interesting ones too, but not in a bad way. I clarify that because of course some of the more defensive here will assume I am saying bad things about them when I am not.:ph34r:

F4UCorsair    2,887

try Thailovelinks - very popular dating site. See a couple of western women on it now and again - you will have a lot of competition (guys can get 30 or 40 girls contact them a day easy) but you have something different to offer than all these girls. You can join for free as a standard user.

Every farang woman I've seen on TLL has been a scammer. I'm not suggesting for a second that is the case with you. They all fit a pattern, occupation, where they live in Thailand and a couple of other pointers, including not wanting to chat on TLL but expressing a wish to go straight to skype or msn. I reported hundreds in three months and all were removed within a very short time by the site owners. It will be immediately obvious to a man who is even a little astute that you aren't a scammer

mike123ca    145

try Thailovelinks - very popular dating site. See a couple of western women on it now and again - you will have a lot of competition (guys can get 30 or 40 girls contact them a day easy) but you have something different to offer than all these girls. You can join for free as a standard user.

Every farang woman I've seen on TLL has been a scammer. I'm not suggesting for a second that is the case with you. They all fit a pattern, occupation, where they live in Thailand and a couple of other pointers, including not wanting to chat on TLL but expressing a wish to go straight to skype or msn. I reported hundreds in three months and all were removed within a very short time by the site owners. It will be immediately obvious to a man who is even a little astute that you aren't a scammer

You caught my attention. If the woman doesn't want to chat using TLL, but prefers to use Skype or msn this is a warning flag. My question is "Why is this a problem"?

submaniac    1,290

To answer your question Mike, there is a problem on TLL with scammers not from Thailand. In other words, there are people from Ghana, Nigeria, Seychelles (African countries) posting up pictures of attractive girls, with the purpose of meeting men, winning their hearts and then asking for money. The Africans will post pictures of both Falang and Thai girls, usually very attractive. Sometimes you can obviously tell it is not a "real" girl (or boy) because the pictures they use are obviously professional modelling shots. TLL has a policy to shut these people down. You will see profiles pulled and whatnot once someone complains to TLL. The pulled profile is then replaced by another picture and another identity. So it is an ongoing problem that once TLL finds out about it, they just use another identity. They don't like to use the TLL chat because after putting weeks of effort into snaring someone then the profile is pulled. And some other messenger programs give you the ability to trace where the person you are talking to is actually at. So that's why.

These people will also give you the story that "I am from Thailand" or "I was born in Thailand" or "from the USA" but then go on to say that they are in Ghana (or Nigeria) working with a (usually Catholic) charity.