Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ValEtienne

Anankhira And Khirana Not Operational

29 posts in this topic

We have stayed 1 night (out of 7) at Anankhira. We were really expecting a wonderful place to stay at but obviously the dream as far from what it should have been.... The hotel is not yet finished, there are people doing heavy works behind the rooms which leads to noise from 10am to 17pm.

The room has a wonderful bathroom with very litlle running water and it is not even hot water, not even a litlle warm. No restaurant but, as they say, you can order from breakfast to diner in your room! Wow, that's great! BUT breakfast arrives 1h15min later (after a full stay in the sunshine with flies around and on your food...great for malaria!). About dinner now, it arrives in your room after 50 min ride from the city center (where the hotel orders your menu). When it gets t your room, it is cold.

Once you get to your room you are informed that you cannot throw toilet paper into the toilet, you have to throw it away in a bin in your bathroom.....I let you imagine how nice it is when your room is cleaned one a day and when it is 33° outside with more than 60% of humidity!!!

I do not even talk about the nano pool, I should say "bath-pool" (do not believe when they say it is a 3mx3m....it is more like 1,7m x 2,5m) that is not even clean (the water is green and dirty because there is no filter), nor the missing spa treatments (they answer you that you can find everithing in the city center) and not even either about the view on local garbage that you get from your moskito sponsored terrass! Last but, who cares, the least,Anankhira is far from everything. They say it is located 300m from Sairee beach, that's true but it takes 25mn to walk to the beach via a "4x4" way and via another resort!!!

It will certainly be an intersting place in 2 or 3 years, so wait until then before coming to a non-existing-yet bungalow resort.

I had asked the manager 4 weeks prior to arrival if all the reviews and comments on this hotel where serious and he answered me by email that 'The hotel is now 100% operaional". Now that you have access to all tourists reviews on internet, know that whatever he tells you it is not the truth.

We have met another couple from England who arrived at Anakhira the day before us. This couple, unlike us, has even REFUSED to stay one night at Anakhira. They were then proposed to stay in one of the 2 bungalows of Khirana (bungalow on the beach). Because they knew they would loose a lot of money, they agreed with this proposition.

They have suggested us to visit this bungalow just to confirm our comments about Anankhira. They have had to accept an empty "pool-tub" (and NO your "pool" is not a 3x3 it is more like a 1.5x2.3m) for 3 days but I am sure you have a very good answer on that too. Since the bungalow is about 3m form the main road, they have had to cope with heavy work being conducted in the other villa (because I am sure the potential customers should know that the second bungallow is not finished until now....hte only person who has stayed there is the architect's daughter!). They have had to cope with motorbikes and trucks passing by their bungalow all day long. They have had to accept a non secure place since you can enter the bungalow from the beach as you enter a church.

They have accepted to pay for their breakfast at a nearby restaurant since no breakfast was available at their bungalow. They ahve had to accept mice running on the wooded structure of the ceiling.

They have accepted all that bacause they did not want to loose their money! When we have met them they were having a dinner in the hotel we have chosen as a replacement to our room at Anankhira. The last day of their stay on Kho Tao, they loved their bungalow so much that they decided to book a room in our hotel, The Kho Tao Resort! How is that?

I just speak about them because they did not want to spend one night at Anankhira....Anankhira being worst that their bungalow.

Now, about Anakhira, you should probably also know that everyone on the island knows about the big mistake it is. When we checked in at Kho Tao resort, the receptionist told us that he was not suprised we had come from Anankhira as he get all the non-satisfied customers from there! How is that?

Many places where we have been, from restaurants to shops, from bars to other hotels have confirmed all our complaints as they had also met people who were supposed to stay at Anakhira.

Anankhira, that does not even belong to Thaï people but to european financials, gives a very bad image of a part of Thaïland that has not been touch by the Tsunami. What a pity!

Maybe get the TAT (Tourist Authority of Thailand) involved and complain with them.

Ahhh... the joys of Koh Samui....

a little bit of paradise with 24/7 construction going on... and so many things falling short of the mark... :o

a little bit of paradise with 24/7 construction going on... and so many things falling short of the mark... :o

Please note this is on Koh Tao not Koh Samui :D

Thanks John,

Maybe you start with reading the full article and find out it was on KT and not on Samui.

Other than that, have another smoke.

Why do you even bother posting in this part of forum if you can't be arsed to read the article?

To be fair, the OP did only say Sairee Beach once in the entire article and didn't get to the Koh Tao part until the very end.

Best solution, who did your original booking? Inform them, demand some money back.

Unfortunately, no third party is involved because the only way to book this place is with them direct...... you only notice your big mistake once you get there..... We have paid the full amount in advance......7 months ago!!! We have then read so many complaints on several forums (the bungalows were not even built at the time we have paid.....but we did not know it because the internet site was beautyful and finished!). Reading very negative posts on several forums we have contacted the Anankhira to ask them what is was all about. They answered that the resort was 100% operational in the meantime. What a joke!

These people are very clever. Whatever you type on search engines on internet you get to their website Anankhira (or the sister place called Khirana)! People on Koh Tao have told us they have bought, 4 years ago, a lot of html names in order to redirect any traveler to their places! That's what has happened to us and to many visitors. When you look at their website you would not believe that this place is as bad as it is when you get there.

Thanks for the advice about TAT, we will do. We will also write to the Thai ambassy in our country because we want to inform them of what these people do to their nice country.

Hope people read forums like this one in order to avoid them to have the same problem as we have had....

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience, and there's very little I can do to help. But what I would say is "Don't get mad, get even".

You've written a pretty good story, so why not tidy it up, add some hard facts (dates and times of communications with these rip-off artists), include their emails to you (if you have any) and pictures of the place. Then copy it to every tourism web site you can find. Screw them!

How can the website with photos be finished before the resort is even built?

You mentioned they were very clever but this is beyond that.Maybe David Copperfield would be interested in this ;-)

Any reply from the TAT or a refund yet??

If you paid with a cc maybe the card company will issue a refund due to fraud.

You can post a photo on here what the resort actually looks like so we can get a better feel of your experience.

The website only showed "impressions" of the place and what was being installed (palm trees, flowers, nice shiny sink, etc.). You know these pictures of details of a decoration set but when you see it real it is not at all what they wanted you to see.....that's what have been done. And I am not the only one to tell it about Anankhira because Anankhira is the subject of many posts in different forums.

I am preparing my letter to TAT and to several tourism offices in Europe. I am also contacting my cc company to inform them, we will see. The problem is that payment has been made in April this year so they have no way to get the money back either but they will list them.

About the pics, I'll try to attached them....this is the first time!

The website only showed "impressions" of the place and what was being installed (palm trees, flowers, nice shiny sink, etc.). You know these pictures of details of a decoration set but when you see it real it is not at all what they wanted you to see.....that's what have been done. And I am not the only one to tell it about Anankhira because Anankhira is the subject of many posts in different forums.

I am preparing my letter to TAT and to several tourism offices in Europe. I am also contacting my cc company to inform them, we will see.

I am preparing my letter to TAT and to several tourism offices in Europe. I am also contacting my cc company to inform them, we will see.

post-24070-1132304326_thumb.jpgpost-24070-1132304778_thumb.jpgpost-24070-1132304795_thumb.jpgpost-24070-1132305037_thumb.jpgpost-24070-1132305057_thumb.jpgpost-24070-1132305081_thumb.jpgpost-24070-1132305100_thumb.jpgpost-24070-1132305133_thumb.jpgpost-24070-1132305320_thumb.jpgpost-24070-1132305382_thumb.jpg

post-24070-1132305117_thumb.jpg

post-24070-1132305339_thumb.jpg

post-24070-1132305654_thumb.jpg

And this sh*it is worth min. 7800 baht (that is to say abut 156 euros or 189 USD) in low season....

I did not know sh*it would have been that expensive :o