Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
4evermaat

Maat'S Guide To Living Near Chumphon Town

stat    0

Thanks for the great information!

Are there any long term pool villa rentals possible in this area? I am looking for something in the 200 or 300 sqm range with a big pool where u cant be seen and large plot. Planung to move in 2018 or 2019 to Thailand. I was living in Pattaya on the dark side before.

Thanks in advance!

4evermaat    509
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, stat said:

Thanks for the great information!

Are there any long term pool villa rentals possible in this area? I am looking for something in the 200 or 300 sqm range with a big pool where u cant be seen and large plot. Planung to move in 2018 or 2019 to Thailand. I was living in Pattaya on the dark side before.

Thanks in advance!

200-300 sqm?  Maybe not quite that large unit.  You want a private pool (exclusively for your unit)?  Not sure there is anything.  But there are some resorts where the common pool would be "exclusive" because you would be one of the few long-term guests.

There are about 6 or 7 near the beach area.  

Armonia Village Resort

Tawan Chai Resort

Beach Way Resort

Kanokwan Resort

Nana Beach 

Cabana Resort

A little bit further down

Bua Dara Resort

and there might be one more nearby.

There could be a few more hidden on a backroad.

A couple more in the Chumphon Town.   ฿700-1000+/night but these are more like hotels than single units/duplexes.

There is also something like Sara Beach resort and such in Pathio or Novotel Golf Resort in Pak Nam ( could be a few more also that way near Sairee Beach)  That's if you really want to be away from everything.   Are you prepared for ฿4000+/night? ฿50,000+/month?  Many of the more 'Resort' type of places here are setup for daily rates.  The monthly rates can come down if you intend to stay for 6+ months.

edit:  This list is not exhaustive, but there are not a lot of pool villa resorts here.  The beach is nice already.  And then pools are expensive to build and maintain.

Edited by 4evermaat

stat    0

Thanks for your post 4evermaat!

Yes I am willing to pay north of 50.000 Baht; Paid 80.000 Baht in Pattaya per month for 1 year rental.

Private pool is a must have for me, only optional if the beach is 100m away. 

The resorts you listed are more geared towards shorter stays in my opinion.

I have troubles finding any offerings outside of Patts, Bangkok or Phuket which as cities are to busy for me. I am quite open to general location of the villa. I learned that Chiang Mai has a serions smog problem which is also a nogo for me.

Thanks for any info!