Thailand Visa Forum by Thai Visa | The Nation
RED21

Honda Crf 250L

So the big question, will it be better than the KLX? I wan't to know which one will be superior off road.

So the big question, will it be better than the KLX? I wan't to know which one will be superior off road.

ive heard the honda will be a bit faster but a good side by side comparison on youtube is welcome

if the crf250 is around the price of a cbr 250 i will get one to play with for awhile

Honda's other off-road bikes are much better than Kawasaki's, so hopefully that will filter down to the CRF250L.

These bikes are not about speed if I wanted a fast bike I would be buying a 600 cc or above sports bike these are more about how they handle in the dirt and off road tracks I have a feeling the klx may well have better suspension and frame and that's where the big price difference should show up.

ive heard the honda will be a bit faster but a good side by side comparison on youtube is welcome

if the crf250 is around the price of a cbr 250 i will get one to play with for awhile

Sorry don't know what happened above all the quotes have been mixed up mods feel free to delete above post

I will try again

These bikes are not about speed if I wanted a fast bike I would be buying a 600 cc or above sports bike these are more about how they handle in the dirt and off road tracks I have a feeling the klx may well have better suspension and frame and that's where the big price difference should show up.

Edited by taninthai

The Kawasaki of course ;)

KawasakiSmiley2.jpg

The Kawasaki of course ;)

KawasakiSmiley2.jpg

If you want a serious off road bike go for the crf250r will beat the kawa on every level

The Kawasaki of course wink.png

KawasakiSmiley2.jpg

If you want a serious off road bike go for the crf250r will beat the kawa on every level

Absolutely! But Neither the KLX nor the CRFL are competition bikes, are they? :)

The Kawasaki of course wink.png

KawasakiSmiley2.jpg

Absolutely! But Neither the KLX nor the CRFL are competition bikes, are they? :)

Correct but this is the good thing about it we know have a choice you want a dual sport you have klx/crf you want pure off road you have klx/crf although the klx140 maybe lacking a bit of power for some but still excellent bike to play around on.

Correct but this is the good thing about it we know have a choice you want a dual sport you have klx/crf you want pure off road you have klx/crf although the klx140 maybe lacking a bit of power for some but still excellent bike to play around on.

I know very little about dirtbikes- does Kawasaki have a competition grade 250 dirtbike?

ps. <deleted> is wrong with the quotes on ThaiVisa?!

I know very little about dirtbikes- does Kawasaki have a competition grade 250 dirtbike?

ps. <deleted> is wrong with the quotes on ThaiVisa?!

Of course they do; the KX250F! It's only a single though...but aren't most motocross bikes?

Sorry don't know what happened above all the quotes have been mixed up mods feel free to delete above post

I will try again

Is the "F" version frame very different than the "R" version? I'd assume that lower quality alloys were used to meet the rumoured price point; but other than weighing more, will they provide the same strength?

In that video that I linked to above the guy was putting a hurting on the suspension; I shudder to think what my lard ass would do to it if rode hard.

Kawasaki don't make anything to compete with the CRF250X, which is a proper enduro bike that can be made road legal. I wish there was something like that available here.

I.M.O it's a good thing that Honda bringing this CRF250F on the market, so more people can enjoy riding on and OFF road.

When i first came to Thailand it surprised me, (still does) that there are so few off road bikes around, in a country filled with dirt roads.I know, for the average Thai there way to expensive. But when i would be Honda Thailand i seriously would consider to put a rugged "off road" version of the Honda Wave on the market, i would be curious to see how it would sell.

Sometimes i see some modified Wave's with knobby tires and raised suspension,so there are some Thais around which see the advantage of such a bike.

Back to the CRF, it looks like a nice bike, and will be a good competition to the KLX , which is the better bike?? i think the KLX (as some posters wrote), build to be sold everywhere in the world at higher standards.

I am perfectly happy with my KLX ( but would also have considered a CRF when it would have been on the market that time)

Both of these bikes are not hardcore dirtbikes but for nice (almost) go everywhere rides there the perfect partners.

For those who never had such a bike, i should say try it, you won't be disappointed, being able to go where no other bikes can go ( excapt Waves ofcourse)

"doing it in the dirt"

i talked with a honda dealer today and he reckon the price will be probably the same as the CBR 250 although " nothing is confirmed yet "" and the price will depend on honda in a few weeks time

if its really only 100k i will get one to play with on the weekends ;)