Jump to content
nong38

Nakhon Sawan News

Recommended Posts

And he spelt it properly. That break at the seaside obviously did him the world of good and the 'ammers are racking up the points now. Happy chappy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rott said:

And he spelt it properly. That break at the seaside obviously did him the world of good and the 'ammers are racking up the points now. Happy chappy.

H/M is always happy. That's unless one has to go to Patts and the likes. Off to Chang Mai middle of next month for the annual fishing trip. At least I won't have to go through N/Smog this time. Thank you Buddha.

 

Little heads up.

Was in the post office today they now have a special section just for speeding fines. Several peeps lining up to pay same. Got talking to the lady that was doing them and she told me she had had 8 personally at 500bt a go in the last two months. Seems they have got hot on speeding and jumping the light's. So be careful of your speed. That last bit doesn't include N/Smog, as if you tried to go more than 20kph you would loose your suspension.

 

At least we are doing better in the Cricket, now tea time. England are 175 for four. Getting a good picture in H/D on BT sport 1. Just a bit of trivia.

 

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case there is anybody else still here I just thought I would mention that I had a few in the re-opened Malibu last week. Not sure of the new name as it is all in Thai.

 

Anyway very pleasant, been spruced up and improved. A good early evening spot, the lights shimmering on the lake, the illuminated dragon statue clearly visible through the electric wiring,  plenty of fit young tarts serving the ale, respectable clientele, excellent ambience. (BTW tart just indicates female - nothing else.)

 

Otherwise, eating and drinking places continue to open and close at an amazing rate.

 

Best wishes to all and hope everyone OK.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, rott said:

In case there is anybody else still here I just thought I would mention that I had a few in the re-opened Malibu last week. Not sure of the new name as it is all in Thai.

 

Anyway very pleasant, been spruced up and improved. A good early evening spot, the lights shimmering on the lake, the illuminated dragon statue clearly visible through the electric wiring,  plenty of fit young tarts serving the ale, respectable clientele, excellent ambience. (BTW tart just indicates female - nothing else.)

 

Otherwise, eating and drinking places continue to open and close at an amazing rate.

 

Best wishes to all and hope everyone OK.

Sorry to hear that you are almost the last outsider there. Most have more than likely realised that it's the last place they want to live and moved on.

 

At least you still have some places to eat and get a pint in. We have yet another one just opened up in K.P.Phet. Not to far from the New R/Lobinson supermarket. Had a look the other day but there didn't seem to be anyone about. How they expect to do any business Buddha only knows. Whatever they have spent bundles on it so hope it pays. Or we will be like you with yet another one closing down.

 

Things are still going well here, lots of the roads are being widened and re surfaced, thank Buddha without to much agro driving wise.

Glad to say that we have had to put the day visa price up so don't get to many ideas of coming soon or ever come to that.

 

I was in the local food market last night and we had bundles of non Thai interlopers walking round. Turns out they were on holiday and were staying at one of the big hotels here. Only hope they don't get any ideas of coming back full time. Just wouldn't be Cricket.

 

Talking of sport H/M has been watching the rugby 6 nations on ITV & BBC as well as the Olympics that's mainly on BBC 2. Scotland did well last night coming from behind to win at the eleventh hour. Only problem it doesn't come on the TV till the afternoon early evening. At least it makes a change. From the usual drivel that's on the box. Off now to watch Sky news they have a round up of the UK Papers.

 

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

Sorry to hear that you are almost the last outsider there. Most have more than likely realised that it's the last place they want to live and moved on.

 

At least you still have some places to eat and get a pint in. We have yet another one just opened up in K.P.Phet. Not to far from the New R/Lobinson supermarket. Had a look the other day but there didn't seem to be anyone about. How they expect to do any business Buddha only knows. Whatever they have spent bundles on it so hope it pays. Or we will be like you with yet another one closing down.

 

Things are still going well here, lots of the roads are being widened and re surfaced, thank Buddha without to much agro driving wise.

Glad to say that we have had to put the day visa price up so don't get to many ideas of coming soon or ever come to that.

 

I was in the local food market last night and we had bundles of non Thai interlopers walking round. Turns out they were on holiday and were staying at one of the big hotels here. Only hope they don't get any ideas of coming back full time. Just wouldn't be Cricket.

 

Talking of sport H/M has been watching the rugby 6 nations on ITV & BBC as well as the Olympics that's mainly on BBC 2. Scotland did well last night coming from behind to win at the eleventh hour. Only problem it doesn't come on the TV till the afternoon early evening. At least it makes a change. From the usual drivel that's on the box. Off now to watch Sky news they have a round up of the UK Papers.

 

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals. 

 

 

Not the last. Those of us that have stuck it out are probably anti-social enough that we're simply not noticed. If you see a youngish farang with a chiseled chin and a healthy bearing (14 stones), with a cute Thai wife 1/2 his size and an overly active munchkin...that's me. I'll be affable enough but don't expect much else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plenty still here Fred and plenty to have a drink with. (When I said anybody still here I meant on this thread not in Nakkers).  it is  just that people prefer going out at different times, also too many live a bit of a drive out of town so the reluctance to be drinking and driving kicks in, plus the absence of transport locally after dark does not help. Yes the misses can help out but that can have it's problems.

 

And would I be keen to have a drink with somebody who is prepared to say hello but warns against further communication.?? The long-termers here can be a bit wary of strangers coming into the company, too many past headaches and bad experiences, the nutters are not all confined to Pattaya. (I am not suggesting that DB falls into this category.)

 

The reactions of farangs seen about here vary from the instant rictus mask and refusal to make eye contact to those wanting to stop, chat and occasionally tell their life story. I have found the latter to be relaxed and happy in their own skins, can't speak for the former.

 

Regular farang haunts seem to be a bit changeable at the minute, could do with the Oasis down here.

Edited by rott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rott said:

Plenty still here Fred and plenty to have a drink with. (When I said anybody still here I meant on this thread not in Nakkers).  it is  just that people prefer going out at different times, also too many live a bit of a drive out of town so the reluctance to be drinking and driving kicks in, plus the absence of transport locally after dark does not help. Yes the misses can help out but that can have it's problems.

 

And would I be keen to have a drink with somebody who is prepared to say hello but warns against further communication.?? The long-termers here can be a bit wary of strangers coming into the company, too many past headaches and bad experiences, the nutters are not all confined to Pattaya. (I am not suggesting that DB falls into this category.)

 

The reactions of farangs seen about here vary from the instant rictus mask and refusal to make eye contact to those wanting to stop, chat and occasionally tell their life story. I have found the latter to be relaxed and happy in their own skins, can't speak for the former.

 

Regular farang haunts seem to be a bit changeable at the minute, could do with the Oasis down here.

Seems much the same everywhere. I have found no bugger speaks to you in Patts either. That's could be me though.

 

Here as luck would have it we have some great people. Well except one but he now seems to have got the massage and gone. 6 of us had a meet up yesterday lunchtime. (At Oasis) Good few hours were spent chatting and chewing the cud. 

 

Looks like most of us are traveling back to the UK in the coming months. Two including me to sort out properties +++ other's for a short spell working. All with be there for as short a time as necessary in my case 19 days. That's 25 days to long, but needs be.

 

Keep plodding on, I'll give you a wave as I pass N/S. Sorry cant have a pint as I have no intention of stopping.

 

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rott said:

Plenty still here Fred and plenty to have a drink with. (When I said anybody still here I meant on this thread not in Nakkers).  it is  just that people prefer going out at different times, also too many live a bit of a drive out of town so the reluctance to be drinking and driving kicks in, plus the absence of transport locally after dark does not help. Yes the misses can help out but that can have it's problems.

 

And would I be keen to have a drink with somebody who is prepared to say hello but warns against further communication.?? The long-termers here can be a bit wary of strangers coming into the company, too many past headaches and bad experiences, the nutters are not all confined to Pattaya. (I am not suggesting that DB falls into this category.)

 

The reactions of farangs seen about here vary from the instant rictus mask and refusal to make eye contact to those wanting to stop, chat and occasionally tell their life story. I have found the latter to be relaxed and happy in their own skins, can't speak for the former.

 

Regular farang haunts seem to be a bit changeable at the minute, could do with the Oasis down here.

Not a nutter(and no offense taken as I didn't think you implied as such) rather just antisocial. As I don't really drink and, ummh, don't have the life experiences (read age) of most people who choose to settle in Nakhon Nowhere there's little that I can relate to with most expats. Throw in that most my age/interested in the same things  as I am are simply here temporarily and it's just not worth the trouble. In-laws are much more gregarious though...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2018 at 6:59 PM, fredob43 said:

Seems much the same everywhere. I have found no bugger speaks to you in Patts either. That's could be me though.

 

Here as luck would have it we have some great people. Well except one but he now seems to have got the massage and gone. 6 of us had a meet up yesterday lunchtime. (At Oasis) Good few hours were spent chatting and chewing the cud. 

 

Looks like most of us are traveling back to the UK in the coming months. Two including me to sort out properties +++ other's for a short spell working. All with be there for as short a time as necessary in my case 19 days. That's 25 days to long, but needs be.

 

Keep plodding on, I'll give you a wave as I pass N/S. Sorry cant have a pint as I have no intention of stopping.

 

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals.

Ha Ha life for the farang in small town Thailand seems to be pretty much the same all over. Bit of an emptying out here too over the next few weeks, plus we have lost three to "natural causes" over the last year, and possibly two to "nutter causes" only time will tell in the cases of the latter. But same as you mostly very good people.

 

Look on the bright side Fred, you will be home in good time for Songkran and Nakhon Sawan will still be here.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rott said:

Ha Ha life for the farang in small town Thailand seems to be pretty much the same all over. Bit of an emptying out here too over the next few weeks, plus we have lost three to "natural causes" over the last year, and possibly two to "nutter causes" only time will tell in the cases of the latter. But same as you mostly very good people.

 

Look on the bright side Fred, you will be home in good time for Songkran and Nakhon Sawan will still be here.

 

 

Seems your correct.

Sorry to say I will be leaving K.P.P on the 25th for flight on the 26th April. So will still be here for the dreaded water lobbing rubbish. I shall of cause stay well away from any of the above. As luck would have it only last 3 days in K.P.Phet and stops at 6pm. If I do venture out it'll be night time only and in the car.

 

I shall be arriving back on the 16th May all going well, that's provided my Taxi doesn't get caught up in any pot holes that N/S throws up. Or I've frozen to death in the UK.

 

H/M K.P.Phet.

Fred to locals.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

BANGKOK 21 February 2018 10:16
Sponsors
×